FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Deleted All Partitions on OnePlus 3. Need Help.

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

Post Reply Email Thread
I used fastboot to delete all partitions (boot, recovery, userdata, system) using the command fastboot erase 'partion' . (Sent the phone for repair to a shady dealer (Screen Replacement) and wanted to ensure that they could not install any software on it without me noticing.)

My plan to recover the phone is to flash TWRP, boot to TWRP and restore the boot partition from a previous backup. Then I'll be able to flash a ROM and use the phone normally.

The only thing that bothers me is the possibility that I might not be able to boot into the recovery due to the missing boot partition. Can someone clear it up? I've looked on XDA for someone with the same problem and the only thread that was close was someone who deleted the boot partition and could no longer see their device on adb. (I can see the device listed when I run fastboot devices)

Can I download the boot partition and flash it through fastboot? If so, where can I find the boot partition. (Keep in mind that I have a TWRP backup which has the boot partition but would require me to boot into the recovery in the first place) Also, is there any specific command that I can use to flash the boot partition?

Also, I do not currently have the phone in hand so that I can try the method I listed above. If someone could clarify whether or not the method is working and if not provide an alternative method would be a great help.

Bootloader is unlocked. (IDK if that matters anymore.) I have ADB, TWRP img file and a backup.

Cheers.

14th August 2019, 09:51 AM |#2  
Flag vasco-da-gama
Thanks Meter: 127

Donate to Me
More
you can flash using 9008 mode which doesn't require any partition
14th August 2019, 11:22 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan180

you can flash using 9008 mode which doesn't require any partition

Thanks.
But you didn't answer my question. Will I be able to boot into TWRP and restore the boot partitions using a backup?
I am talking about the commands
Code:
fastboot boot twrp-x-x-x.img
or
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-x-x.img
Also, can you link to a post explaining how to use 'Qualcomm 9008' mode?
15th August 2019, 04:02 AM |#4  
Flag vasco-da-gama
Thanks Meter: 127

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SohrabHamza

Thanks.
But you didn't answer my question. Will I be able to boot into TWRP and restore the boot partitions using a backup?
I am talking about the commands

Code:
fastboot boot twrp-x-x-x.img

Also, can you link to a post explaining how to use 'Qualcomm 9008' mode?

i think fastboot boot twrp.img you'll be able to boot into twrp n restore

some 9008 guides

https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...icked-t3405700
https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/g...nbrick.531047/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)