By scarline, Member on 29th August 2018, 01:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st May 2020, 08:34 PM |#141  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchWeinSAuG

did you detach it with Titanium?
cause yesterday all my apps got updated, i luckily had Titanium backup of both DKB apps.
but i dont want the apps to be updated again.

doesnt it break the function of the Tan2go app if detached from playstore?

thanks

Yes, I used the detach function in Titanium Backup and additionally make sure to unselect auto update in the play store too for the Tan2go app. But I often manually check the play store for app updates and it still always offers me to update the Tan2go app too. So I have to be very careful not to update this app or tap on "Update all". It's a bit of an inconvenience and not perfect, but it works for me until the Magisk update is released. I was also a bit worried that eventually it will still auto-update the app for me but so far it hasn't happened. To be safe I copied my Titanium backup of Tan2go to a different location so I won't accidentally overwrite or delete it.

For me the detach function did not break the app's functionality. I'm able to receive TANs.

The things we have to do to circumvent misguided "security" and gain back control over the devices we own...
2nd May 2020, 05:50 PM |#142  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Here is a recipe that worked for me to get TAN2Go App running and receiving TANs + activating Visa secure on a Huawei P8 Lite with LineageOS 14.1. with using Island.

It will only work, if you mobile number is already registered in DKB, because you have to receive an SMS.

At some point you need to open an http link from the SMS via TAN2Go app on island. Since the SMS app did not work on island for me, I used a workaround using the contacts app.

Some steps in the beginning, especially the factory reset might not be necessary, but this is what I did.

0. Lineageos Factory reset (TWRP wipe)
1. Install latest Magisk / Magisk Manager
2. In Magisk Manager Settings, enable Magisk Hide, repackage the Magisk Manager Application
3. Install DKB Banking App / Tan2Go / Island using Google Play Store
4. Open repackaged Magisk Manager, hide DKB Banking App / Tan2Go / Island / Google Play Store
5. Restart the Phone
6. Open and configure Island
7. Install / Clone Tan2Go app and DKB banking app from mainland to island
8. Install / Clone the contacts app from mainland to island. You may now open it in island to check if it works and that you can create a contact.
9. Deinstall the Tan2Go and DKB banking app app from your phone (the "mainland" versions!)
10. Open Tan2Go "island" version, set new Password for the App.

If this step does not work, using Island to bypass the protection may not work on your phone.
You could try the Magisk Canary build, wait for a new Magisk version, or try a factory reset like I did.

11. Tap on "Tan2Go erneut verknüpfen" (NOT the QR code, which worked for me only once), proceed to online banking. This will open DKB Banking App.

The next steps are time-critical, because your session may expire. So read the steps first.

12. Login with your banking credentials
13. In the FAQ section open drop-down menu "Sie können derzeit keine TANs mit der DKB-TAN2go-App generieren?" and click the Link inside the text: "TAN2Go-Verwaltung"
14. In the connected devices section, choose the device that you are currently holding in your hands and click "Password vergessen"

The next steps are especially time-critical, but unfortunately may take some time to execute
Once you request the SMS, you got a time window that the SMS code is valid.

15. On the next page click button "Neu verknüpfen per SMS" and then "SMS anfordern", receive the SMS, copy the link (or the full text if not possible)
16. Open contacts inside Island, add a new contact, chose contact name, paste the link from SMS to "Website" section of the contact, save contact
17. On the generated contact, click the website link, chose open with Tan2Go app
18. (I had to re-set the Tan2Go password here for some reason)
19. Copy the code "Freischaltcode"
20. Go back to the DKB Banking App in mainland and enter the code. If you were to slow, repeat from step 10.
21. You may now enable Visa secure in DKB Banking App.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dermarvin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dermarvin Ad-Free
3rd May 2020, 10:09 AM |#143  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
So if it is already working again with the latest Canary Magisk, why go through all the fuzz to make it work with an additional app like Shelter or Island and not simply wait for the necessary changes making their way down from Canary Magisk to Stable Magisk?

TAN2Go v2.5.0 surely is not going to stop anytime soon, and the update to Stable Magisk should long be available then.
The Following User Says Thank You to Master One For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Master One Ad-Free
3rd May 2020, 05:28 PM |#144  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Guys, even though latest Canary works for pushtan it does not work for Visa Secure. DKB app is complaining about rooted device once I want to activate Visa Secure.
Can somebody verify this? After log in you can find it in Service - > Visa Secure
4th May 2020, 07:14 AM |#145  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyHardForks

Guys, even though latest Canary works for pushtan it does not work for Visa Secure. DKB app is complaining about rooted device once I want to activate Visa Secure.
Can somebody verify this? After log in you can find it in Service - > Visa Secure

You have to uninstall the usual suspects (like AdAway in my case) before you can enable Visa Secure (you can reinstall the offending apps afterwards).

Afaik Visa Secure from the DKB App can't get to work otherwise using Island or Shelter neither.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Master One For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Master One Ad-Free
4th May 2020, 08:42 AM |#146  

More
Sorry my bad - I thought I had Titanium Backup removed but actually that was not the case. I was able to activate Visa Secure afterwards
The Following User Says Thank You to GuyHardForks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GuyHardForks Ad-Free
4th May 2020, 10:17 AM |#147  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master One

Afaik Visa Secure from the DKB App can't get to work otherwise using Island or Shelter neither.

I was able to activate Visa secure using the DKB Banking App, after I moved it to Island. I edited my previous post accordingly.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dermarvin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dermarvin Ad-Free
17th May 2020, 05:36 PM |#148  
Thanks Meter: 64

Donate to Me
More
2.5.1 still keeps crashing for me on a fresh installation of lineage 14.1 with canary magisk repackaged and with magisk hide turned off and back on again. I have no adaway installed...
The Following User Says Thank You to imska For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift imska Ad-Free
17th May 2020, 07:27 PM |#149  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imska

2.5.1 still keeps crashing for me on a fresh installation of lineage 14.1 with canary magisk repackaged and with magisk hide turned off and back on again. I have no adaway installed...

RootBeer check is green? What other root enabled apps are you using?
Yesterday, 12:06 AM |#150  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dermarvin

Here is a recipe that worked for me to get TAN2Go App running and receiving TANs + activating Visa secure on a Huawei P8 Lite with LineageOS 14.1. with using Island. […]

This worked for me until I did a reboot, now it redirects me to the website again!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
banking, magisk 16, rooting, twrp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)