FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

ES File Explorer: possible malware (dianxin folder)

22 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By mortaest, Junior Member on 30th March 2016, 10:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

Since ES File Explorer's last update (via Google Play), a weird folder named "dianxin" appeared on my phone's internal memory.
After some researches, I found out:
-Dianxin is a chinese custom rom (which is weird because I have a stock rom and no root)
-ES File Explorer's last version is causing its apparition (some XDA Developpers' member said it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...1#post66082381)

I looked into my father's phone who also use ES File Explorer and that folder was present.

Does anyone has any info about that? I think it's extremely suspicious, plus, that app is used by loads of people (2 millions users).
Should I use another File Manager?
The Following User Says Thank You to mortaest For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mortaest Ad-Free
31st March 2016, 01:39 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
ES File Explorer: possible malware (dianxin folder)
Same here, after installing the latest version of ES File Explorer earlier this morning the dianxin folder appeared, I tried deleting it only to have it reappear hours later, extremely frustrating and suspicious. If you read some of the latest reviews left on the Google Play Store, you'll notice that a few have also spotted this and some have even said that their AV flagged the latest version of ES File Explorer as a threat. I immediately uninstalled ES File Explorer and did a soft factory reset, and haven't seen the folder since, I'm now reluctant to reinstall ES after this, I'll just have to wait for further explanation on this or use a different file manager instead :/ I'm wondering how this even got through the approval process at all, hopefully someone can shed some light on this :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
31st March 2016, 05:41 AM |#3  
Flag Paluan
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Same Here :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortaest

Hi,

Since ES File Explorer's last update (via Google Play), a weird folder named "dianxin" appeared on my phone's internal memory.
After some researches, I found out:
-Dianxin is a chinese custom rom (which is weird because I have a stock rom and no root)
-ES File Explorer's last version is causing its apparition (some XDA Developpers' member said it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...1#post66082381)

I looked into my father's phone who also use ES File Explorer and that folder was present.

Does anyone has any info about that? I think it's extremely suspicious, plus, that app is used by loads of people (2 millions users).
Should I use another File Manager?

I also use ES File Explorer and this folder "Dianxin" shows up .. It is suspicious because i search the folder name and the result is it is a chinese custom rom I think it is a malware I delete it and It didnt show up again by now
31st March 2016, 11:28 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
I've checked into that dianxin folder and I found 2 files: the 1st one is an .0 file but I couldn't open it as other .0 files I've tested.
The 2nd one is named "journal" and I could open it with a text editor:

"libcore.io.DiskLruCache

CLEAN e8dd70db5163eccfbe80f53c786ae2a2980"

Any idea what it could be?
1st April 2016, 05:36 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Nexus 6 here, not rooted and stock, latest version of ES Explorer and no dianxin folder on my device.
2nd April 2016, 12:03 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I have it again on my stock G2 with latest ES, after deleting it yesterday.
3rd April 2016, 11:42 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Same here dianxin folder present.
I've uninstalled this crap app ES explorer
4th April 2016, 06:44 AM |#8  
Flag Paris Van Java
Thanks Meter: 171

More
Go to ES File Explorer settings menu - tap on "Notification Settings" - Uncheck "Notify me of app permissions". And then deleted the Diaxin folder. Reboot your devices.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FunSucker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FunSucker Ad-Free
4th April 2016, 07:00 AM |#9  
Flag Santa Cruz
Thanks Meter: 121

More
I've had the same problem ... & I have never set App Notifications on. I simply found an earlier version archived online & installed it. Hopefully ES will fix the problem, but until they do, please don't update.
The Following User Says Thank You to rjm831 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rjm831 Ad-Free
5th April 2016, 10:35 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunSucker

Go to ES File Explorer settings menu - tap on "Notification Settings" - Uncheck "Notify me of app permissions". And then deleted the Diaxin folder. Reboot your devices.

It was already unchecked and it doesn't prevent from creating the dianxin folder
5th April 2016, 10:38 PM |#11  
Look! On the rooftop!
Thanks Meter: 377

Donate to Me
More
let it alone..its nothing much..
if u don't feel safe then use other explorers..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)