FORUMS

Exchange with Lineage 15.1

206 posts
Thanks Meter: 35

By bonanza123, Senior Member on 17th June 2018, 09:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
To the best of my knowledge, Lineage 15 does not ship with Exchange support anymore. I think this is only supported when flashing GAPPS and then using Gmail app.
Is there any way for non-GAPPS users to get back exchange support?

Edit: I stumbled upon the exchange APK attached below from CM13. It seems to work for me. Is there a more recent version available somewhere?
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.android.exchange_v500065.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.36 MB, 492 views)
20th June 2018, 10:04 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Whyever has Exchange Client been removed from LineageOS 15 I ask? This must affect a good many folk! Me included.
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and have spent loads of time trying different Exchange Clients and they all fail.
I have OpenGApps pico installed for Playstore. I try to avoid Google as much as possible.
I can connect using activeSync on my HTC One M8 Dual Sim running LineageOS 14 perfectly well, but the tablet will not connect. even with the Exchange APK you kindly added here.
Does anyone have a solution to this?
20th June 2018, 10:54 AM |#3  
Flag Halle
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by themetman

Whyever has Exchange Client been removed from LineageOS 15 I ask? This must affect a good many folk! Me included.
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and have spent loads of time trying different Exchange Clients and they all fail.
I have OpenGApps pico installed for Playstore. I try to avoid Google as much as possible.
I can connect using activeSync on my HTC One M8 Dual Sim running LineageOS 14 perfectly well, but the tablet will not connect. even with the Exchange APK you kindly added here.
Does anyone have a solution to this?

Search for Apk with newer release date.
Or Use Titanium Backup (pro) to get the Apk from another system
24th June 2018, 09:01 AM |#4  

More
I think I have found the answer. here is a discussion from 2016 here which suggests some sort of argument between Microsoft and Google.
I tried the Exchange APK from the above link, but it does not work. It does show up, but will not connect.
I have also tried 4 or 5 different Exchange Clients, all fail.
Then from the above link, I tried 'Nine' Email Client, and bingo!, I now have my Email, Calendar and Contacts all synced. Hooray! It is not free, but worth it I say.
4th July 2018, 09:07 AM |#5  

More
Moving on from this I have found that you need to install opengapps Mini at a minimum to get Exchange, but the trouble with that is you get lots of Google clutter too. I prefer Pico myself.
I even tried backing up Exchange Services from Mini using Titanium Backup, then restoring them to the Pico, but the restore did not work, just went round and round.
Is there a crafty way to extract Exchange from somewhere and install to LineageOS 15 with opengapps Pico installed? Can it be extracted from a LineageOS 14 ROM?
18th October 2018, 09:07 AM |#6  
Flag Antwerp
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by themetman

I think I have found the answer. here is a discussion from 2016 here which suggests some sort of argument between Microsoft and Google.
I tried the Exchange APK from the above link, but it does not work. It does show up, but will not connect.
I have also tried 4 or 5 different Exchange Clients, all fail.
Then from the above link, I tried 'Nine' Email Client, and bingo!, I now have my Email, Calendar and Contacts all synced. Hooray! It is not free, but worth it I say.

This works also for A5 2017 (A520F) LOS 15.1 alpha.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
exchange, lineage

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)