Extractor of system.new.dat of Marshmallow and Lollipop ROM's
Extractor 4.8 (Updated on 18-May)
Changelog -> https://github.com/matriex/System_Ex...b306326b15cb5a
Alternative of repack, if the repack script doesn't works with your system folder then try this script SCRIPT / GUIDE
Extract ext4-Image files
Download Imgextractor.exe binary from the link
1. Create a folder named ext and copy the binary to ext folder
2. Copy your image file ,say "system_1.img" to ext folder
3. Select the ext folder , hold the shift (right) click RMB
4. Select "Open command window here"
5. Then type this command on CMD
Imgextractor.exe system_1.img -i
NOTE:You should rename IMG file to system_1.img before doing anything
Extract *.DAT files
Users, The extractor works with nought 7.0.0 and 7.1.1 perfectly (tested with CM14.1-2016-12-12 & aosp_7.0_2016-09-19), If you encounter errors then please install python and then try extracting again
- Download and run the extractor .
Use python 2.7.xx
1. Download zip and extract sdat2img.py binary from the link
2. Create a folder "ext"
3. copy "sdat2img.py", "system.transfer.list" and "system.new.dat" to ext folder
4. Open cmd on "ext", (by selecting and holding shift , you will find "Open command window here")
5.Type this on command window
python sdat2img.py system.transfer.list system.new.dat system.img
END OF SUPPORT I DON'T HAVE ANY METHODS LEFT AND PLESE ASK PROBLEMS RELEATED TO ANDROID 6.0 ONLY
/*Repack will or will not work, Don't panic if it not worked, You can still use folder =) */
For flashing xyz_ROM.zip with dat files , you need to modify updater-script
Script, "of some roms" , b'coz some roms contains a link b/w updateR-script
and system.transfer.list. The link includes following : There is a line in
updateR-script script called
if range_sha1("/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "36,0,32770,......,307199") == "0b20303394271424267e36a0ce7573f1b62ddc0d" then
updateR-script then from here follow the guide Repack_INFO.txt otherwise
directly copy system.new.dat and system.transfer.list to ROM folder and
repack/zip it and flash it.
- Repack ,select from script, then choose manually (option 1)
- Copy all your ROM files/subfolders(bin ,app ,build.prop etc) to system folder
- Everything is expalined in extractor, read it carefully
- If you found "range_sah1()" on your updateR-script then continue below, else only you have to replace system.new.dat and system.transfer.list of "xyz_ROM"
CONTINUE ONLY IF YOU FOUND RANGE RANGE_SHA1
- After repack a SHA1_VALUE of system.new.dat is generated and file is created as "SHA1_VALUE.txt" with "system.new.dat" & "system.transfer.list"
- And follow this guide Repack_INFO.txt (attached end of this POST)
- OR GIT ATTACHEDhttps://github.com/matriex/System_Ex...Repack_INFO.md
- That's all if you need help feel free to comment
- Thanks for using this method I can't say it will work , but what's wrong in trying , I tried 10 to 20 times to make it work
A LITTLE ADVICE
1. If the script failed to work ,please take a look at this post again I'm sure I've posted enough resource which will help you out in extracting and repacking .DAT files .
2. Please keep this thread clean.
3. Please don't quote whole thread(use tags).
4. I take no responsibility of repacking system.img!
5. For Linux users :https://github.com/matriex/System_Ex...ster/README.md
6. Use Python 2.7.x or otherwise extractor will not work Do not use python 3.0 or update sdat2img.py binary!
Thanks to @xpirit for sdt2img
Repack_INFO.txt (GIT-HUB, clear view)