FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Fix snapchat on custom rom

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Basharharash, Junior Member on 19th April 2017, 11:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have lineage os android 7.1.1 on my galaxy core prime ve(sm-g361h) and installed snapchat and cant login plz what can i do .
 
 
19th April 2017, 01:19 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 835
 
More
Are you rooted? If so, that's what's stopping you.

A root error will tell you that your login failed. If it doesn't say it failed, then something else is the problem. I suggest using Magisk for root since you can hide superuser from being detected.


Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
19th April 2017, 02:46 PM |#3  
shoeprano27's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 176
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basharharash

I have lineage os android 7.1.1 on my galaxy core prime ve(sm-g361h) and installed snapchat and cant login plz what can i do .

im currently on aosp v2.3.1 on my redmi note 2. when i first imstalled aosp, i went strqight into superSU and fully UNROOTED it. then i restarted my phone. once it restarted, i installed snapchat, logged in and then restarted the phone. i immediately restarted the phone again, flashed superSU. now im booth rooted with snapchat working.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shoeprano27 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shoeprano27 Ad-Free
20th April 2017, 09:41 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeprano27


im currently on aosp v2.3.1 on my redmi note 2. when i first imstalled aosp, i went strqight into superSU and fully UNROOTED it. then i restarted my phone. once it restarted, i installed snapchat, logged in and then restarted the phone. i immediately restarted the phone again, flashed superSU. now im booth rooted with snapchat working.

I just tried this way and snapchat still show me (there is a problem in you connection ) i cant know what the reason is
28th April 2017, 08:16 PM |#5  
shoeprano27's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 176
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basharharash

I just tried this way and snapchat still show me (there is a problem in you connection ) i cant know what the reason is

besides deleting busybox as well, i have no other solutions. sorry. maybe someone else can chime in...
28th April 2017, 09:18 PM |#6  
matt4321's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Leicester, UK
Thanks Meter: 4,262
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basharharash

I just tried this way and snapchat still show me (there is a problem in you connection ) i cant know what the reason is

Is it a connection problem? What error is snapchat giving?

If it's connection, make sure you have internet access allowed for snapchat or something (do you have a firewall?)

From my memory of trying to login to snapchat and the whole root issue was it failed at the verifying device phase. You could also download a safetynet checker app from Google Play to see if you're passing safetynet to help ensure everything is playing nicely.

you could always login on another device then restore it onto your main device.
Yesterday, 04:42 AM |#7  
zelendel's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator / Mod. Cttee. Retired - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 18,910
 
More
You will have to use a rom that doesnt have root by default. You then have log in and then flash the root. Mind you that you won't be able to log in on any other device without refreshing from scratch.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes