FORUMS

Formated microSD in android, cant recovery files even with softwares

66 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By dionei, Member on 26th March 2020, 03:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
My microSD was almost full and I kept takeing pictures with my phone then feel day after I realize that I has noone of photos saved, then when I tried access micro sd a message shown saying that my sd was corrupted.

So I tried to use a small usb adapt with sd in windows and explorer could not show the memory properly to access it and then I realize if I format in android I could then recovery the files in windows after.

I formated to use to share files betwen pc and android, now I tried Ease, Recuva and some others recovery softwares and all of them cant show my old files even with deep scan and using the original microsd-to-sd adaptator. Tried some store apps too, they dont even run in my android.

I did not write upside the files I had but android automatically put a lot of folders inside, no one with much amount of files.

So now I ask, can a diferent software or trick take my old files back? this micro sd is old, I had important files from 2010 there.

Ive mi a3 with android 9. 16g c16g micro sd
26th March 2020, 06:35 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Recovery will depend on if you encrypted the SD or not. If the SD was previously encrypted you will not be able to recover any of the files. That is kind of the point of encryption.

If you did not encrypt the SD and Recuvva failed you may still be able to recover some of the files. I had a similar issue where I knew the deleted files were on the drive and while Recuvva managed to pull a few it was not finding the one that I really needed. This lead me to looking for other recovery programs online. I Googled "apps similar to recuvva". I found a site with 10 programs like recuvva and I found one in that list that worked. I did have to try 3 or 4 to find that one but it not only found the file I needed but it found about a dozen more that I didn't even know I was missing. I would tell you which program it was but I don't remember and I uninstalled it after using it.

Best wishes.

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

While I have your ear, backup backup backup… I really can't say it enough. I hate to see people on here who've lost memories or important docs because they didn't back them up. Google provides so many ways to backup all for free. Google Drive will backup your docs and files, Google Photos will backup your photos and videos, Gmail Contacts will backup your contacts. Many carriers also provide backup options. Verizon Cloud will essentially backup your device similarly to iTunes. It doesn't backup your game progress and all of that, I think iTunes does, but it will backup your texts, files, settings, contacts and photos.
26th March 2020, 08:16 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 757

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dionei

So I tried to use a small usb adapt with sd in windows and explorer could not show the memory properly to access it and then I realize if I format in android I could then recovery the files in windows after.
I formated to use to share files betwen pc and android, now I tried Ease, Recuva and some others recovery softwares and all of them cant show my old files even with deep scan and using the original microsd-to-sd adaptator. Tried some store apps too, they dont even run in my android.

IMHO it mainly depends on Android SD card's filing system whether there is a chance to recover data after having formatted it. For an Android device, the compatible file system of external storage is FAT32 or exFAT.
To unformat the SD card in Android phone to get back the deleted files, I suggest you to try iBeesoft Data Recovery. It is designed for users to unformat SD card on Android phone specially.

Here are the simple steps for how to use iBeesoft Data Recovery to unformat SD card in Android phone:
Step 1. Install iBeeSoft Data Recovery software on computer
Step 2. Connect your Android device with computer
Step 3. Select "Unformat File Types"
Step 4. Select Formatted SD card to scan
Step 5. Unformat SD card in Android phone

Full guide here.

I've attached Google's USB driver (read: Android Debug Bridge - ADB-client) software for Windows computer.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ADB.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.34 MB, 0 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)