FORUMS

Gcam

88 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By Crowland, Member on 5th March 2019, 11:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi does anyone know of a working gcam mod the more features the better, but I think night mode is the main feature I'm looking for.
26th March 2019, 08:11 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I'm not aware of one that does more than the stock camera app in terms of image quality. I've tried a few Google Camera versions and they all have the same problems in low light.
27th March 2019, 01:39 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiran

I'm not aware of one that does more than the stock camera app in terms of image quality. I've tried a few Google Camera versions and they all have the same problems in low light.

did you mean you have tried on f1 ? which version that could installed ?
28th March 2019, 03:32 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOG_Equipment

did you mean you have tried on f1 ? which version that could installed ?

Yes, I have. It wasn't one of the recent versions (6.0+), though. I think it was ~5.0 at the latest.
16th April 2019, 01:53 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiran

Yes, I have. It wasn't one of the recent versions (6.0+), though. I think it was ~5.0 at the latest.

So I tried this one:

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/gcam...32219.1950.apk

Seems to load, doesn't crash on the F1 with exceptions to video, portrait mode and the special ones like night sight... My problem is I haven't taken the plunge to see if I can enable camera2 API on my phone, I think this is part of the stumbling block as logcat while using this app says it doesn't have permissions to do certain things while using the camera (all app permissions are allowed, something else on the back end)

If you or anyone else has gotten root on the phone and want to enable camera2 API on this through build prop, you can test and see.

I like the app, it's fast as a camera and "lens blur" works but it's not using the second cam for bokeh effects. The portrait shots are supposed to detect the subject and blur everything else (Google magic) and night sight, well, just works wonders on Qualcomm devices. Just wished someone did the same treatment for the p60 mediatek chips.
7th June 2019, 01:08 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I think it's pretty important to get the latest version of GCAM running on this device. I hope there's a way. The f1 play uses a 48mp Samsung chip and the S3 pro uses a Sony Chip (supposedly better). I almost got the S3 pro but couldn't justify the extra $100 to the cost.

They have GCAM running on the Moto g7 power and Xaoimi Redmi... and it has improved the camera on those phones immensely.

Info about how to enable camera2 API

https://www.thegeeksclub.com/how-to-...ndroid-phones/

Also, here's a phone that uses the hello p70 without camera2 API enabled and this person posted working GCAM versions (most likely limited functionality). I haven't tried them because my phone is still in the mail...

https://www.right-brothers.net/realm...mera-download/
The Following User Says Thank You to BlurtFlabber For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BlurtFlabber Ad-Free
7th June 2019, 08:10 PM |#7  
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,590

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowland

Hi does anyone know of a working gcam mod the more features the better, but I think night mode is the main feature I'm looking for.

I, personally, don't use GCam myself but, you may be able to locate what you are looking for on the following area of the forum that's specific to the GCam Mod's.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...le-camera-mods

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Apple Macintosh.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
7th June 2019, 08:34 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

I, personally, don't use GCam myself but, you may be able to locate what you are looking for on the following area of the forum that's specific to the GCam Mod's.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...le-camera-mods

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Apple Macintosh.

Thank you, I appreciate it.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlurtFlabber For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BlurtFlabber Ad-Free
28th June 2019, 02:10 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 282

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlurtFlabber

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Have you had a chance to try any? I'll take a look and try some when I can.
29th June 2019, 12:02 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjmiester

Have you had a chance to try any? I'll take a look and try some when I can.

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Hopefully this weekend I'll give it a try.
29th June 2019, 11:28 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 21

Donate to Me
More
Open cam works better in low light
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google camera, umidigi-f1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)