FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Gome U9 International Firmware

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By angelofmusic67, Junior Member on 17th September 2019, 08:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello everyone,

Would anyone know if it is possible to download the overseas/international version rom/firmware for the Gome U9?

I recently purchased the phone with the international version and thought I might be able to root it and remove the default Google apps, but instead I`ve managed to install the original rom (chinese/english), which contains the Gome app store. I suppose I should have checked first what I was installing. Oh, well, no big deal.

Installing a custom recovery is proving a little difficult and I`m struggling to get the Google play store back in. It may not even be possible with this build, so if I could somehow restore it to the international version that will do for now. I`ve found the international version for the U7, but not for the U9. Shame LineageOS isn`t compatible or something else.

If there isn`t a solution, I guess I`ll just have to wait.

Thanks for any help you might be able to give me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angelofmusic67 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift angelofmusic67 Ad-Free
20th September 2019, 04:22 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
As a follow up I have used adb to install a few apps and that works fine. But when I install Google Play and Google Play Services, it just crashes on launch. So, something is causing GP to keep crashing. Once I figure that out I think I`ll be good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelofmusic67

Hello everyone,

Would anyone know if it is possible to download the overseas/international version rom/firmware for the Gome U9?

I recently purchased the phone with the international version and thought I might be able to root it and remove the default Google apps, but instead I`ve managed to install the original rom (chinese/english), which contains the Gome app store. I suppose I should have checked first what I was installing. Oh, well, no big deal.

Installing a custom recovery is proving a little difficult and I`m struggling to get the Google play store back in. It may not even be possible with this build, so if I could somehow restore it to the international version that will do for now. I`ve found the international version for the U7, but not for the U9. Shame LineageOS isn`t compatible or something else.

If there isn`t a solution, I guess I`ll just have to wait.

Thanks for any help you might be able to give me.

18th October 2019, 06:56 AM |#3  

More
I also need the original rom (chinese/english), Could you please give me a link to download.
18th October 2019, 10:31 AM |#4  
Flag Yaroslavl
Thanks Meter: 168

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by z7ykLon

I also need the original rom (chinese/english), Could you please give me a link to download.

Stock Firmware EN/CN https://www.needrom.com/download/gome-u9/
The Following User Says Thank You to hanuma For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hanuma Ad-Free
21st October 2019, 11:04 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanuma

Stock Firmware EN/CN https://www.needrom.com/download/gome-u9/

No, I'd try to pay for account premium with paypal more than 10 times but not success, That should be somewhere easy to download it.
8th November 2019, 06:18 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sir , do you have a backup of your nvram ? because mine is missing after i flash the chinese rom .
i wonder if you could send me a file of it . Thanks sir .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)