Thanks Meter: 42

Post Reply Email Thread
9th February 2019, 10:21 PM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Fafe

Donate to Me
More
Turns out there are two ways of adding DTBs.

Appending to kernelAppending to image

By checking my current recovery partition, I noticed DTBs are attached to partition, not to kernel. I also noticed it is not using a compressed kernel. So I'll configure BoardConfig.mk as:

Code:
BOARD_KERNEL_IMAGE_NAME := Image
If I wanted it gzipped, I'd make it Image.gz. If I wanted the DTBs attached to kernel (not to image), I'd do Image.gz-dtb.

Apparently no kernel patch will be needed... Anyway I created a git repository for it, just in case I need to change something.

Again, the build works, but it doesn't boot.

As I'm focusing on testing the kernel, I'm using the recovery partition.

I just dumped a copy of it with:

Code:
host$ adb shell
phone$ su
phone# cp /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery /sdcard
phone# exit
phone$ exit
host$ adb pull /sdcard/recovery
and I'm flashing it over and over to test.

To do this, I do

Code:
host$ adb reboot bootloader
# phone reboots
host$ fastboot flash recovery /path/to/recovery.img
# it flashes, then, holding volume-up, I type:
host$ fastboot reboot
Phone will reboot into recovery and test my image (up to now, I only get back to penguin screen (bootloader)).

To flash back my working recovery image, I do the same as above, just changing the path to recovery image.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to htimsxela For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift htimsxela Ad-Free
12th February 2019, 05:45 PM |#12  
USSR
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Bless you and your work
Dude, I would definitely-definitely liked to help; I understand and root for your hard work. But unfortunately I don't possess any knowledge in this area. Yeah, I can flash using manual, but I'm lamer in terms of programming, not even close to IT.
12th February 2019, 06:50 PM |#13  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by htimsxela

Hi there!

I rarely meet such wonderful and persistent people like you. I sincerely hope you will succeed and achieve your goal!
13th February 2019, 06:16 PM |#14  
OP Member
Flag Fafe

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santey Maas

Dude, I would definitely-definitely liked to help; I understand and root for your hard work. But unfortunately I don't possess any knowledge in this area. Yeah, I can flash using manual, but I'm lamer in terms of programming, not even close to IT.

Thanks, mate! I didn't give up yet. Each try brings more knowledge and I hope I'm able to share all I'm learning. Sort of paving the road for newcomers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tircon

I rarely meet such wonderful and persistent people like you. I sincerely hope you will succeed and achieve your goal!

Thanks! My hope is that - if I succeed - more people can benefit from my work and give these phones a longer life.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to htimsxela For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift htimsxela Ad-Free
13th February 2019, 06:49 PM |#15  
OP Member
Flag Fafe

Donate to Me
More
LeEco Le Max (max1/x900) Secret Codes
A bit off-topic, but here it goes... While looking for a way to debug kernel boot, I came across those famous secret codes you can type on phone screen to access secret/test menus... This site, for example, says you can use code *#*#76937#*#* to have access to a menu where you can enable/disable some log, debug and AT commands options. I tested and it worked with my phone. Not happy enough, I did a

Code:
grep 76937 / -rl
on the phone and found out system/app/LetvDebugUtil/oat/arm64/LetvDebugUtil.odex was the only place where it occurred. Inspecting the file, I found, right next to the occurrence, the code 9439. Just to test, I entered *#*#9439#*#* on the phone and got to a Chinese menu (see attached picture). The translation of these Chinese stuff is "Launch China Telecom Network (CDMA)". I didn't check that box to see what happens.

Current known codes
  • *#*#76937#*#* - Menu where you can enable/disable some log, debug and AT commands options.
  • *#*#9439#*#* - Launch China Telecom Network (CDMA)
  • *#*#8888#*#* - Advanced settings. Here you can turn on logging of App, Modem, Net, Kernel, Bluetooth, GPS and WiFi. Logs are stored in /sdcard
  • *#0000# - About phone. Information about each card slot.
  • *#06# - MEID & IMEI numbers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190213-183313.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	206.7 KB
ID:	4704927  
13th February 2019, 08:08 PM |#16  
OP Member
Flag Fafe

Donate to Me
More
If you're having this error while trying to build LineageOS:

Code:
FAILED: /bin/bash -c "prebuilts/misc/linux-x86/flex/flex-2.5.39 -o/home/android_build/android/lineage/out/host/linux-x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libaidl-common_intermediates/aidl_language_l.cpp system/tools/aidl/aidl_language_l.ll"
flex-2.5.39: loadlocale.c:130: _nl_intern_locale_data: Assertion `cnt < (sizeof (_nl_value_type_LC_TIME) / sizeof (_nl_value_type_LC_TIME[0]))' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
build/core/ninja.mk:151: recipe for target 'ninja_wrapper' failed
make: *** [ninja_wrapper] Error 1
make: Leaving directory '/home/android_build/android/lineage'
You're probably having the same issue I'm having with Flex. The easiest option is to recompile it. And it's easy.

Code:
$ cd prebuilts/misc/linux-x86/flex
$ mkdir flex-2.5.39-src
$ cd flex-2.5.39-src
$ tar zxvf ../flex-2.5.39.tar.gz
$ ./configure
$ make
$ cp flex ../flex-2.5.39
$ cd ..
$ rm flex-2.5.39-src -R
The above commands will recompile Flex for your architecture and everything should be fine (with Flex).
13th February 2019, 11:45 PM |#17  
OP Member
Flag Fafe

Donate to Me
More
Some news regarding the overall progress with LineageOS.

I checked out the repo from cm-14.1 (cyanogenmod 14.1) and am now trying to build for it. If it builds, at least we'll have Android 7.1.x running on device. And - I believe - it could bring some light to start a port to a newer version (Lineage 15.1).

Up to now, I faced the same compile errors I got when compiling for 15.1, so it's being straight forward. I'm anxious to see if it'll boot.

As usual, I'll keep you posted.
14th February 2019, 09:55 AM |#18  

More
Quote:

I checked out the repo from cm-14.1 (cyanogenmod 14.1) and am now trying to build for it. If it builds, at least we'll have Android 7.0.1 running on device. And - I believe - it could bring some light to start a port to a newer version (Lineage 15.1).

Up to now, I faced the same compile errors I got when compiling for 15.1, so it's being straight forward. I'm anxious to see if it'll boot.

Thanks for your effort!
This phone is great and it's pity that it was left without support..
14th February 2019, 12:34 PM |#19  
OP Member
Flag Fafe

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I checked out the repo from cm-14.1 (cyanogenmod 14.1) and am now trying to build for it. If it builds, at least we'll have Android 7.0.1 running on device. And - I believe - it could bring some light to start a port to a newer version (Lineage 15.1).

BTW if someone is curious out there, here's the CyanogenMod 14.1 branch I'm working on: https://github.com/alexsmithbr/andro...1/tree/cm-14.1

It was based on CyanogenMod 12.1 and the code is almost three years old (last commit), so I'm spending some time updating obsolete code, etc.
14th February 2019, 12:44 PM |#20  
OP Member
Flag Fafe

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie2Darko

Thanks for your effort!
This phone is great and it's pity that it was left without support..

Yeah, let's see if I can help changing this scenario.
14th February 2019, 03:35 PM |#21  
OP Member
Flag Fafe

Donate to Me
More
Finished building. Time to test...

Note: don't be misled by the 45:04 elapsed time on picture. It took hours and hours to fix all the stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-02-14 15-33-28.png
Views:	98
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	4705404  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
leeco, letv, lineageos, max1, x900

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)