I am looking for an android device that suits a particular situation and wondered if the collective knowledge of the forum could help me find the perfect device.
I am after a device to be used by teachers in a school.
- It will be used for taking photos of students working to be used for assessment purposes.
- It will connect to the schools wireless network
- It will run 'Sweet Home Wifi Photo' app to automatically upload those photos to the school computer network
- it will also run Skype so that teachers can be contacted by school administrators
- It will need a reasonably good camera (currently teachers use Nexus 10 tablets which have 5MP rear camera) and this is more than good enough
- Flash and autofocus are important
- Battery life is not much of an issue as they can be charged in the classrooms when required
- A replaceable battery would be good as they will be used for a number of years
- Android 4.2 is essential so that multiple users can be created on the device
- 2G / 3G / 4G LTE etc does not matter as they will not have a SIM card installed and will only be used on the Wifi
I looked at the DOOGEE VALENCIA DG800 but users report that it only has a 2 point touch screen which I am concerned would cause usability problems.
I'm looking to order a device trial before the end of next week. If it works well we will then order lots of them, so it needs to be something that is not about to go out of production.