FORUMS

Help Me Fix An Embarassing Mistake (Without Losing Data) :o

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Heat84, Junior Member on 28th June 2020, 03:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Sorry if the pic is too big.
I have a rooted LG Tribute LGLS675516100eb running Android 5.1.1. A few days ago I was looking through some settings in Andromizer and turned the DPI setting all the way up just to see what it would do(confusing DPI for resolution), but it said I had to reboot for the change to take effect. I didn't want to reboot at the moment so I cancelled**. But when I rebooted to wipe the Dalvik cache a few minutes later(what I installed Andromizer for), the DPI setting took effect and now I can't get past the lock screen because the button you push after you put in the password is off the side of the screen.

I don't understand what these have to do with the DPI setting but: Also, nothing happens when you push the emargency call button so I can't use that glitch to bypass the lock screen. And when I call the phone, the Call app crashes.

I want to fix it without losing data.
I tried ADB but it says "LGLS675516100eb unauthorized" with the devices command. I thought I had USB Debugging on, but apparently I don't?
I tried Dr. Fone but It gets stuck at 99% for 10 minutes then it says "Install Model Failed", while on the phone, the firmware update(that's not actually a firmware update for this operation I assume) is stuck at 0%.
I think Tenorshare 4uKey and iMyFone would work but I won't go past the screen that says all data on the phone is about to be erased.

I'm not gonna have to send my phone to that company in Isreal that can unlock iPhones am I?

**If I remember correctly, I selected OK when I changed the setting and then the reboot notification happened when I left the page. So apparently cancelling the reboot only did so for the moment but not completely.
29th June 2020, 10:20 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
@Heat84
Try connecting a usb mouse to click on it.
1st July 2020, 05:32 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidxxxD

@Heat84
Try connecting a usb mouse to click on it.

I don't have a mouse that plugs in to a cell phone or an adapter for facilitating that.
1st July 2020, 07:52 PM |#4  

More
@Heat84

You might have to consider getting a otg adapter but I dont know for sure if this will work, some Android versions block new usb devices on lockscreen.

If you have a custom recovery, backup /system and try manually editing the /system/build.prop file from a terminal might be able to set dpi, look for this line and change it back to default:
Code:
ro.sf.lcd_density=***
Also try reflashing the system partition without wiping data if possible, this will only remove system modifications.

Good luck in resolving this matter.
3rd July 2020, 06:49 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidxxxD

@Heat84

You might have to consider getting a otg adapter but I dont know for sure if this will work, some Android versions block new usb devices on lockscreen.

If you have a custom recovery, backup /system and try manually editing the /system/build.prop file from a terminal might be able to set dpi, look for this line and change it back to default:

Code:
ro.sf.lcd_density=***
Also try reflashing the system partition without wiping data if possible, this will only remove system modifications.

Good luck in resolving this matter.

Don't I need debugging mode enabled on the phone to do that?
Can I do something with ADB Sideload?

I have a copy of the stock ROM on the SD card. Is reinstalling that the same as a factory reset? Will it wipe the internal storage partition or just the root partition?
3rd July 2020, 03:32 PM |#6  

More
@Heat84
As far as I know twrp enables usb debugging with root access by itself on many devices, if it doesnt you can also use the terminal function under advanced

Sideload doesnt seem to work properly on my device so I cant really test that one.

Reflashing the rom might erase data, depends on what is included with the stock rom. Unpacking and only flashing the system.img should leave your data intact.
4th July 2020, 11:30 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
I don't have TWRP installed on the phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)