FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Need help rooting coolpad legacy 3705A. Can't find any info anywhere.

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By djdruin, Junior Member on 29th July 2019, 02:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th August 2019, 08:14 PM |#11  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 50

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawclan22

The firehouse for the oppo a71 has same specs board RAM and soc would that work

I'll see if I can find one. They have the board incorrectly listed as both an MTK board and as an msm8953 even though from what I've been able to find msm8953 is strictly the snapdragon625. And Snapdragon 450 doesn't have an msm designation. This thing is a mess inside.

It's been awhile since I've done this mind you. Android has changed a bunch since the 2.X and 4.X days. I've been on a Nexus 6P for years which is open by default.

Wish it was as easy as installing gingerbreak and tapping root like the old days. Lol

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawclan22

What would u even use to flash in edl mode? Say a gsi , because there's no stock firmware we can extract , but we can always get a rooted gsi if I'm not mistaken because the device does have project treble support

I would get temp root via a RCE or EoP pull the boot image, modify it and flash it in EDL therefore enabling fastboot and making the phone ready for TWRP. After that it's just a matter of writing a program that does this for you and the phone would be ready for development.
25th August 2019, 08:30 PM |#12  

More
Well I've done all I know how to do I'll just leave it to you guys and keep an eye on this forum
6th September 2019, 10:38 AM |#13  

More
Hey Sapphires,
Have you generated the root process for the Coolpad Legacy yet?
[email protected]
18th September 2019, 08:28 AM |#14  
Flag Tampa, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manoftech

Hey Sapphires,
Have you generated the root process for the Coolpad Legacy yet?
[email protected]

Waiting for a poc or a firehouse to surface. Android 9 doesn't have many exploits available yet.
3rd October 2019, 09:56 AM |#15  

More
Device Unlocking Process Status?
Have we got anywhere with the device unlocking and rooting procedure with this device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdruin

It is a fairly new device so I haven't seen anything on it but I'm hoping someone could point my in the right direction. Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

9th October 2019, 07:58 PM |#16  
Flag Tampa, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dravenz7

Have we got anywhere with the device unlocking and rooting procedure with this device.

Nope. we are also NOT vulnerable to CVE-2019-2215 at least on my device with the June Patch. Just waiting for a valid exploit.

This is as far as it gets. https://img.xda-cdn.com/Z25Z5H-OYdc2BCcqH_-LolS98lA=/https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FOv4xfW3.png
10th October 2019, 01:11 PM |#17  

More
You guys suck
10th October 2019, 08:15 PM |#18  

More
diag port
I don't know if you guys figured this part out yet or not but I was able to open the engineering menu and turn on the diagnostics port and modem. I'm not very familiar with using it to my advantage but I used quick shortcut maker to open it. It was under yulong labtest I believe. One of the menus are all in chinese so I'm not real sure what else it would let you access.
13th October 2019, 04:53 PM |#19  
Flag Tampa, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyVega

You guys suck

Well let's see you do something there buddy, obviously you're the expert on the subject.

Cracking enterprise level security isn't just clicking a button. and you ain't paying me. I have a stack of phones and other devices to work on and other more pressing things to do with my life. So, kindly, take your opinion and shove it, root will be released when it's released.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sapphiress For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sapphiress Ad-Free
14th October 2019, 08:36 PM |#20  
Flag Tampa, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3nty

I don't know if you guys figured this part out yet or not but I was able to open the engineering menu and turn on the diagnostics port and modem. I'm not very familiar with using it to my advantage but I used quick shortcut maker to open it. It was under yulong labtest I believe. One of the menus are all in chinese so I'm not real sure what else it would let you access.

EDL mode won't help without the proper mbn, none of which that are publicly available work. Or if you're talking about the hidden flasher activity we found that awhile ago but I haven't really looked too far into it as i don't have a USB-C OTG drive.
17th October 2019, 08:40 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 309

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphiress

Well let's see you do something there buddy, obviously you're the expert on the subject.

Cracking enterprise level security isn't just clicking a button. and you ain't paying me. I have a stack of phones and other devices to work on and other more pressing things to do with my life. So, kindly, take your opinion and shove it, root will be released when it's released.

Glad someone's working on it!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)