FORUMS

I need some Help Rooting this Cricket Alcatel Verso

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By Impr0ve, Junior Member on 21st June 2018, 10:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Seeing how this phone just recently came out in January I haven't really found too much info out there so maybe this can be a start.
I've tried to unlock the bootloader but couldn't get fastboot to work and I tried kingroot and that failed. iIt has 12 requests for this phone so far.
So I'm pretty stuck right now on what to do I'm kinda a noob so maybe y'all can help me out a lil on what to do if anymore info is needed please let me know.
Thanks in advance
12th October 2018, 04:25 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Greetings, I am noob too, but I am learning. I cannot answer your question about unlocking the bootloader, however, someone gave me an Alcatel Verso that had frp lock screen. Got limited access and installed an app called quickshortcutmaker. This allows running all the activities. There is a system app on mine called engineer mode. This reveals the actual file system as well as other info.

It appears there is not a reboot bootloader mode, it does have reboot recovery, but also I do not think it has fastmode. There is another mode called download mode, but I have not successfully used this for anything. Also, connecting usb abd in recovery mode yields device unauthorized.

If you are interested, I'll explain how I got frp partially bypassed. Added emergency contact, added an email, a prompt came up asking me which service to use, there were like four options like google, etc. I chose one I had not heard of that had the word executive, because it sounded official. When I chose it, another prompt came up saying that in order to use this service I had to set up a lock screen, make sure func is enabled. When I then turned the screen off and back on, I had a google search option from the lock screen. Pressed it and said "open settings", enabled install of unknown sources, used google search and said "open chrome". Used chrome to download quickshortcutmaker. Used google search and said "open file manager". Used file manager to install quickshortcutmaker. At this point I could have just used the phone from there, however... I added quickshortcutmaker to the func lock screen list by using google search to open settings. Then from the lock screen, I could launch quickshortcutmaker (or use google search). I then used quickshortcutmaker to run 'joy launcher' and voila, in. However, only the back button worked, and if I tried to log into google, it would bring up the frp lock screen. So, using the quickshortcutmaker, I ran every activity on the phone, and using the engineermode system app (I am pretty sure it was that one) I toggled an option called 'demo mode'. Upon exiting this system app and pressing the square button next to the home and back button, I saw an option to accept user agreement, or something like that. I scrolled down and checked the box, and voila, frp lock totally gone, and now I can log into google.

Now I am trying to root, but first I must unlock the bootloader.
12th October 2018, 11:45 AM |#3  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 218

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diorthotis

Greetings, I am noob too, but I am learning. I cannot answer your question about unlocking the bootloader, however, someone gave me an Alcatel Verso that had frp lock screen. Got limited access and installed an app called quickshortcutmaker. This allows running all the activities. There is a system app on mine called engineer mode. This reveals the actual file system as well as other info.

It appears there is not a reboot bootloader mode, it does have reboot recovery, but also I do not think it has fastmode. There is another mode called download mode, but I have not successfully used this for anything. Also, connecting usb abd in recovery mode yields device unauthorized.

If you are interested, I'll explain how I got frp partially bypassed. Added emergency contact, added an email, a prompt came up asking me which service to use, there were like four options like google, etc. I chose one I had not heard of that had the word executive, because it sounded official. When I chose it, another prompt came up saying that in order to use this service I had to set up a lock screen, make sure func is enabled. When I then turned the screen off and back on, I had a google search option from the lock screen. Pressed it and said "open settings", enabled install of unknown sources, used google search and said "open chrome". Used chrome to download quickshortcutmaker. Used google search and said "open file manager". Used file manager to install quickshortcutmaker. At this point I could have just used the phone from there, however... I added quickshortcutmaker to the func lock screen list by using google search to open settings. Then from the lock screen, I could launch quickshortcutmaker (or use google search). I then used quickshortcutmaker to run 'joy launcher' and voila, in. However, only the back button worked, and if I tried to log into google, it would bring up the frp lock screen. So, using the quickshortcutmaker, I ran every activity on the phone, and using the engineermode system app (I am pretty sure it was that one) I toggled an option called 'demo mode'. Upon exiting this system app and pressing the square button next to the home and back button, I saw an option to accept user agreement, or something like that. I scrolled down and checked the box, and voila, frp lock totally gone, and now I can log into google.

Now I am trying to root, but first I must unlock the bootloader.

You can use this guide for your phone:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/can...oting-t3705781

HIT THANKS IF FOUND USEFUL
15th October 2018, 12:12 PM |#4  

More
No, it does not work. I am having several issues. First, I cannot get adb windows drivers to recognize this device, I have installed every qualcomm driver I could find, also tried the universal adb drivers and even the drivers that come with the phone. Nothing works.

However, I have a rooted tablet with an otc cable that does connect via adb. However, adb reboot bootloader simply reboots the phone. There is a download mode, but I do not have fastboot installed on the tablet, so I cannot check if download mode = fastboot.

I am able to adb push files to /data/local/tmp and running adb shell chmod 755, I have succesfully unstalled busybox and can execute commands such as vi. The user is still not root, but I feel I am close.

I tried to download the emmc internal memory using backup qualcomm tool, but I seem to not have the correct drivers for my phone. My plan was to edit ro.debuggable to 1 and reflash, so I can adb root and remount as rw.
15th March 2019, 03:48 PM |#5  

More
Best I can do so far
So far cracking it is still undone...but I can offer up some advice...download 3c, advanced tools and dev tools. A notepad++ would help too so you can re-create rom commands to make your own. Use advanced tools to look for vendor. Once there you should see a few files that make you question Google's business practices. Go into them to make alterations using dev toolds. The rest of the files can be re-made from scratch using notepad and 3c's rom manager.
16th March 2019, 06:18 AM |#6  

More
This phone is complete garbage, I ended up giving it away because the touch screen would go to random spots on the phone randomly. It appears to be a cheap phone I do not like. Got an LG that as far superior.
23rd February 2020, 10:15 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 225

More
I may have a Root method for the 5044R and the 5044C, I need someone with the 5044R and 5044C to get in contact with me. Best way to do that is Telegram. Here is the Link: https://t.me/Android_General_Chat

I'm currently Testing Root on the 5044C

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

Alcatel 5044C and Alcatel 5044R PWND and Rooted. Doing 5044C TWRP Recovery now.

UPDATE: TWRP Ported and WORKING. Now somebody make some custom Roms.

I'll have a Custom Stock Rom out for this soonishly if anyone is interested
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)