FORUMS

[Hisense A5 Pro CC] How to root/unlock bootloader?

66 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By lillo9546, Member on 2nd June 2020, 02:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello
We have the root for Hisense A5, but we know that the Hisense A5 Pro CC is a chinese Phone and it will not be probably avaiable to UE or US.
This is an incredible phone, fast refresh color eink.
Instead of the Hisense A5/A5c that uses SD 439 as CPU, the Hisense A5 Pro CC uses UNISOC T610 CPU.
Any devs ould be so gentle to tell everyone who owns the phone what to do in order to provide information from the phone, for a possible Bootloader Unlock, Root, Custom Recovery, and mostly important install Google Play services and Google Play Store?

The Phone also run on VISION OS which is what is used by Hisense Smartphones. It uses special image algorithm for the "eink smartphones" they produce. If anyone is interested on porting that algorithms to make the screen work as on the stock OS into a custom os, that would be amazing!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lillo9546 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lillo9546 Ad-Free
2nd June 2020, 03:30 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Yes this would be amazing, specially with this phone comes without Gapps so it´s really useful if you can help us with rooting .
2nd June 2020, 10:10 PM |#3  

More
Looking forward to dev progress for this device. I wish it had qualcomm instead of novel unisoc processors.

"Unisoc T610 processor (2 x 1.8 GHz ARM Cortex A75 + 6 x 1.8 GHZ ARM Cortex-A55)"

It has huge battery and novel screen and would be fantastic to expand the ability and tighten security on device by developing an unlock/rooting method.
The Following User Says Thank You to samplebird For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift samplebird Ad-Free
3rd June 2020, 12:29 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I just received this phone. But It cannot be unlocked by using identifier token(normal way to unlock SPD). And the official ROM of it have not been released yet.
I had Linux and Win PC. A little bit of knowledge related to Android. By the way, this phone is running Android 10 in default.
I could share the official ROM with you when it been published.
I'm very glad if I could help you with anything.

And I'm interest in rooting or unlocking this phone. If you know the way to do that, I'm glad to try it.

This is not a perfect product. And the ppi of colored e-ink is very low(1/3 of normal e-ink). But it really make me feel exciting.
I pretty want to share some images with you. But XDA could only insert the pic by URL. Could anyone share me some website could used for store my pics?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sha11ow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sha11ow Ad-Free
3rd June 2020, 06:20 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
imgur
You can use imgur,you don't even need to make an account for that
The Following User Says Thank You to Pakitino7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pakitino7 Ad-Free
3rd June 2020, 06:49 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakitino7

You can use imgur,you don't even need to make an account for that

Thank you.

The screen protector has a little blue(which is pasting by the factory).
There are many points(I'm not sure whether this work is current) on the screen compared with normal e-ink.
Well, I have posted the pic in this post. But I cannot see it. May be due to network issue?.
3rd June 2020, 08:11 PM |#7  

More
I cannot see picture. In other pictures and video I have seen the Pro CC screen is definitely slightly darker than the non-color version, and you can see slight black specks in the screen which are the color pixel layer. It still looks very easy to read on, mine is in the mail I hope it is not so much worse than normal eink for reading a book.

Where did you order from?

There are also matte screen protectors for the device I have found online. My intention is to remove the factory layer, add glass screen protector, and add matte plastic protector on top of that.
4th June 2020, 12:24 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samplebird

I cannot see picture. In other pictures and video I have seen the Pro CC screen is definitely slightly darker than the non-color version, and you can see slight black specks in the screen which are the color pixel layer. It still looks very easy to read on, mine is in the mail I hope it is not so much worse than normal eink for reading a book.

Where did you order from?

There are also matte screen protectors for the device I have found online. My intention is to remove the factory layer, add glass screen protector, and add matte plastic protector on top of that.

In my opinion, matte screen protectors may not a good choice. As it may make you feel more worse about this color e-ink(lower resolution).
Yes, it is more darker. compared with normal e-ink, it is not good enough. But it could show colors! Thats pretty good!
I ordered it from JD.com(at least for now, it only sold on this website). It is 1999 CNY for A5Pro CC(6+128),1799 for CC 4+64 and 1599 for A5Pro(4+64, normal e-ink).
Well, I'm Chinese. Normally, JD.com could offer an oversea delivery, and I also see this tag under this product. But I don't know the fee and will it work under this CO-19 situation.
If you have any problem with the Chinese language. I'm glad to help you with it.
***I strongly recommend you should only buy this phone from JD.com! This is the only way Hisense sale this phone for now!***
My CC is 6+128. I'm glad to answer you if you have any questions about it.

By the way, if you cannot find a suitable screen protector. You can try the screen protector for Xiaomi 8. Most A5 owners use the protector of Xiaomi 8. And they said it is pretty suitable for A5.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sha11ow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sha11ow Ad-Free
6th June 2020, 03:11 PM |#9  

More
The official ROM had been released. But it only contains 3 bin files. I had try to use binwalk to extract it. But failed. Any ideas?
7th June 2020, 02:15 PM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha11ow

The official ROM had been released. But it only contains 3 bin files. I had try to use binwalk to extract it. But failed. Any ideas?

I just would like to quote you because you made the guide on the Hisense A5 @joygram
What do you think?
7th June 2020, 03:09 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillo9546

I just would like to quote you because you made the guide on the Hisense A5 @joygram
What do you think?

Unfortunately, I finally decided to refund my A5Pro CC. I really like it. But it does not have a Gyroscope. Most importantly, I really cannot find a way to root it. It's really not acceptable to me. 2K CNY is an expensive price. But users do not have other choices.
I wish you guys could find a way to root it. I'm wait to buy it back in the future.
If you need anything, official ROM or others. I'm glad to help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sha11ow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sha11ow Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hisense a5 pro cc root bootloader

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)