FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Hisense a6 (double screen)

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By stefing, Junior Member on 8th January 2019, 03:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,
I just bought from China, Hisense a6 with double screen.
It comes without google play. I have tried to install google play manually without any success.
I have tried with apkmirror, installing manually. I also tried with googleinstaller 2.0 and 3.0. But both method did not give any result.
Is there a way to install googleplay on the device or any international stock rom?

Thanks
wij
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stefing For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stefing Ad-Free

8th January 2019, 06:50 AM |#2  
Flag Jaipur, Rajasthan
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
be
I also want ot solution of same things. Anyone please help me out.
The Following User Says Thank You to yatendra.br For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yatendra.br Ad-Free
8th January 2019, 01:01 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
From what I know it's impossible unfortunately, because Hisense locks down any possibility to install google services.

I think you could use Yalp store to replace google play store. For google play services, I'm not sure it would work, maybe you could use the open-source solution like microG?
9th January 2019, 07:05 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Hi,
The problem is not only on google play store, but it is impossible to create google account, for gmail, contact, calendar, etc.
Eventhough, I can install other apps, but without sync all the basic, it is practically unuseable.
Is there any solution for this?

thanks
wij
17th January 2019, 03:13 PM |#5  

More
Hi,
I want to get the A6 too but I am using gmail and calendar so much that it's a no-go for me if I can't install them...

Do you know how they lock the possibilities to install google service? There must be a workaround.

Or do you think using another android image could help? Maybe we can just install the app/drivers needed for the eink?

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

I found some references on Baidu (chinese google) :
can't share them as I have less than 10 post. But if you try "安装google hisense a6" you will find some thread on fan forum of hisense.

Dunno but it looks like it can't be done. Now we must find why and how to bypass it...
19th January 2019, 09:12 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleStroke

Hi,
I want to get the A6 too but I am using gmail and calendar so much that it's a no-go for me if I can't install them...

Do you know how they lock the possibilities to install google service? There must be a workaround.

Or do you think using another android image could help? Maybe we can just install the app/drivers needed for the eink?

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

can't share them as I have less than 10 post. But if you try "安装google hisense a6" you will find some thread on fan forum of hisense.

Dunno but it looks like it can't be done. Now we must find why and how to bypass it...

Hi,
I have tried everything with variant of google framework, services, account manager, playstore...
But it does not work....
Very frustating.....
19th January 2019, 10:32 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefing

Hi,
I have tried everything with variant of google framework, services, account manager, playstore...
But it does not work....
Very frustating.....

If we find how they prevent the app from working then maybe we can find a way to bypass it
Or installing a basic android. But then the eink won't work... Maybe there's a way to get the drivers from current version.
But I am unfortunately no expert of android roms...

Btw can you tell me how the eink screen compare with yotaphone 2 ? Is the resolution better?
19th January 2019, 01:45 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

Hi,

Actually, I've watched posts in some Chinese forums and nobody have ever found a solution for installing google play services on Hisense phones. I think the only way to use google is to wait the release of the "export edition" with google play services, since Hisense basically "locks down" the possibility of installing google play services and rooting. But it seems any of the "export edition" of Hisense has the problem with updating firmware.
20th January 2019, 01:39 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

If we find how they prevent the app from working then maybe we can find a way to bypass it
Or installing a basic android. But then the eink won't work... Maybe there's a way to get the drivers from current version.
But I am unfortunately no expert of android roms...

Btw can you tell me how the eink screen compare with yotaphone 2 ? Is the resolution better?

It is much better: 720x1440 pixels, and got backlid.
20th January 2019, 01:40 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenfang1997

Actually, I've watched posts in some Chinese forums and nobody have ever found a solution for installing google play services on Hisense phones. I think the only way to use google is to wait the release of the "export edition" with google play services, since Hisense basically "locks down" the possibility of installing google play services and rooting. But it seems any of the "export edition" of Hisense has the problem with updating firmware.

That is a bad news.....
20th January 2019, 10:16 AM |#11  

More
What I think very frustrating is that Hisense advertize their phone at the CES so that everyone know, then they release it only on China without any plan of global release.
Even more annoying they give basically no information about it. I tried contacting them on every possible email but had only a "we currently have no plan for global release".

I mean why would they even care to lock google framework. That does not make sens that the company would try to lock it, I thought it would be the Chinese government that was locking it locally in China. I would be Hisense, on the contrary I would release unofficially a bypass for this google lock to make more sells.

It's just what happenned with the yotaphone 3, it was not available for global customers for a long time, until people got uninterested and that a newer model finally got available. No surprise they are not doing good sells.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)