FORUMS

How do I skin my custom ROM?

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By MasterPixelDestroyer, Junior Member on 29th June 2020, 07:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm trying to make a custom ROM (for now, only for x86, because I don't want to flash anything on my actual phone) and I want to modify the default UI throughout the entire system. This includes colors, outlines, corners on buttons, etc. Is there something in the AOSP source that would allow me to make these changes? I'm hoping I don't have to open the source for each individual application to change the look.
30th June 2020, 06:28 AM |#2  
Flag Tours
Thanks Meter: 612

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterPixelDestroyer

I'm trying to make a custom ROM (for now, only for x86, because I don't want to flash anything on my actual phone) and I want to modify the default UI throughout the entire system. This includes colors, outlines, corners on buttons, etc. Is there something in the AOSP source that would allow me to make these changes? I'm hoping I don't have to open the source for each individual application to change the look.

Sorry to say that but you'll have to mod each and everyone of your apps to have those changes (outlined, colors).
I've heard of a substratum theme that might fit your expectations, but I you want to do it yourself (which is more fun) you'll have to modify each and every apps. When you'll mod systemUI your modification will go "system wide" (quick settings and stuff) but the phone app won't be changed.

Have a good day
30th June 2020, 07:14 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 851

More
@MasterPixelDestroyer

Several XPosed Framework modules exist that do the job.
Study their source code to get an idea how to tweak system UI ( read: home screen ) is done.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)