FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to Disable/Freeze Sprint Device Manager (Samsung Galaxy A20 - Boost Mobile)

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By Chosen.Shogun, Junior Member on 28th November 2019, 11:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I got a Samsung Galaxy A20 from Ebay recently and I'm trying to use it as a wifi only phone but Boost Mobile make it impossible to do so.. You'll get an intrusive pop-up asking you to accept their Terms Of Service "Sprint Device Manager" and if you just exit out of it without accepting it will continue to pop-up forever every 3 minutes. If you do accept and don't activate service on the phone (Samsung Galaxy A20 through Boost Mobile) they will disable your access to to your phone that you rightfully paid for making it impossible to use the internet etc as all pages will redirect to the boost mobile web site no matter your proxy, dns, browser etc..

I am not rooted but I have tried to use Shizuki Manager & Ice Box to freeze "Sprint Device Manager" and but I cannot find the process..

Help, how do I freeze this intrusive process ¿¡¿

https://imgur.com/gallery/dOuTAu3
"Sprint Device Manager"

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
29th November 2019, 04:12 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
just press "accept terms" and that will not show again
2nd December 2019, 12:39 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
It disables my wifi access and makes you activate the phone with service if you press accept..
2nd December 2019, 02:08 PM |#4  

More
Download "Analyst" on PlayStore this will list all your installed apps and system apps now find that "Sprint Device Manager" and remember its package name then by using ADB command just uninstall it
here's an example
Code:
adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.???.???
2nd December 2019, 06:27 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Thanks! I couldn't get it to populate in any other app manager, that adb command will only disable it correct?
3rd December 2019, 12:22 AM |#6  

More
yes it would only uninstall it on the current user if you decided to do factory reset/default it would be back once again
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)