FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to flash different software onto a ZaapTV [HD509]

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Habbyy, Junior Member on 16th March 2018, 11:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello all, I have a Zaap TV HD509 Android Box that was purchased a few years ago. Unfortunately this company was a scam and basically now forces you to pay a subscription fee, otherwise you can’t reallt use the box. When I turn the box on, I’m not able to see an “apps” area. The only way for me to see what apps I still have on the USB stick/SD card in the box is by going into the settings but I can’t launch the apps from the settings. Because of this I can only launch the 4 apps that have custom buttons on the remote control, such as YouTube and plex.

Anyways, I have used my brain for hours to think of a way for me to get Kodi to launch since I know it is installed because I can see it in the settings, but I came to the conclusion they purposely set it up this way so that I would cave in and pay their $150 yearly subscription . I know there are other ways for me to use Kodi but for reasons that aren’t relevant to this question, I specially want it on this android box. So I did some more googling and I come across a post on these forms, specially a reply by the OP to a comment left on his thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...257331&page=26
I’m not sure if the OP was telling him that he can do that to make the ZappTV work, and if he was, I’m not very skilled and I have no idea how I would go about any of this. I just want to flash firmware onto that zapptv android box so that I can actually use the box, without The company blocking my box. Thank you s o much in advance if anyone is able to help me out

19th September 2018, 03:26 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have the same here, I would suggest you pay 1 month to watch subscription, then you can access the box.
install custom app store from the web browser.
install new launcher special for TVs from your choice, and make it your default launcher. then you can start your box every time even when the subscription is expired.
install perfect player for IPTv, and make another subscription with other providers from your choice.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)