[Q] How to repair hard bricks?

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 10802473

Hello,

I root a lot of phones and would like to have a way of unbricking my phone if it's hard bricked. By "hard bricked" I mean a phone that will not boot into Download/fastboot mode nor recovery mode. I know OnePlus has a special MSM download tool for this but what about other phones? I know that EDL mode can be used to recover from a hard brick but is this mode on Qualcomm varients of Samsung and Pixel phones? When I research about it all the phones that it talked about are Xioami phones and I don't have any Xioami phones. Also what about Exynos devices? I heard there is an Exynos USB mode for unbricking Exynos devices but how do I boot into this mode or use it? The same way as using EDL mode? Should I buy an EDL cable? Or should I get something else?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mr. JAVI
D

Deleted member 10802473

Assuming it's not a motherboard failure, a few phones can be revived with a USB Jig, a tiny device that plugs into the USB port and puts the phone into Download Mode to reinstall the stock firmware.
What about Non Samsung devices? (Mainly referring to Pixels bc OnePlus already has an unbrick method)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mr. JAVI

Mr. JAVI

Nov 7, 2018
South Texas
Thanks! I will probably get an EDL cable, and for Samsung I might get a USB jig. :p

Your very welcome @JJcoder. I once had a Soft/hard bricked Sammy (dm-verity and a drk fail). I tried mt TWRP backups and flashing the factory firmware to no avail. Long story short, I finally fixed it but it was time consuming and frustrating (lol) but on the bright side I did learn alot in the process. Hope you fix your phone and best of luck

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 10802473
    Hello,

I root a lot of phones and would like to have a way of unbricking my phone if it's hard bricked. By "hard bricked" I mean a phone that will not boot into Download/fastboot mode nor recovery mode. I know OnePlus has a special MSM download tool for this but what about other phones? I know that EDL mode can be used to recover from a hard brick but is this mode on Qualcomm varients of Samsung and Pixel phones? When I research about it all the phones that it talked about are Xioami phones and I don't have any Xioami phones. Also what about Exynos devices? I heard there is an Exynos USB mode for unbricking Exynos devices but how do I boot into this mode or use it? The same way as using EDL mode? Should I buy an EDL cable? Or should I get something else?
    Assuming it's not a motherboard failure, a few phones can be revived with a USB Jig, a tiny device that plugs into the USB port and puts the phone into Download Mode to reinstall the stock firmware.
    D
    Deleted member 10802473
    What about Non Samsung devices? (Mainly referring to Pixels bc OnePlus already has an unbrick method)

I've never owned a Google Pixel so I hesitate to give any advice but maybe the link below will be of some help.

https://www.reddit.com/r/essential/comments/f8b0vk/force_edl_mode_superhard_brick/
    D
    Deleted member 10802473
    I've never owned a Google Pixel so I hesitate to give any advice but maybe the link below will be of some help.

https://www.reddit.com/r/essential/comments/f8b0vk/force_edl_mode_superhard_brick/
    Thanks! I will probably get an EDL cable, and for Samsung I might get a USB jig. :p