Originally Posted by manderson8898
OT, So is the device worth the $$$?
That depends on how you plan to use it. (The price is not out of line if you compare it with an iPad or some similarly sized Android tablet.)
The best answer I can give you is to offer you a checklist of various features. If you can say "yes" to most, if not all, of them, then the Note might be worth the cost for you.
1) Your eyes like E-Ink much more than LED.
2) You want a device light enough for lengthy ebook reading sessions, yet large enough to comfortably read pdfs.
3) You want the ability to install apps of your choice (Instapaper, Moon Reader, Outlook, Office, whatever...)
4) A frontlight is not essential.
5) A sd card slot is not essential.
6) Bluetooth capability is important.
7) Note-taking with a stylus is important to you.
8) Audio capability is useful to you.
9) You find the older crop of E-Ink devices too slow.
There may be other features you may value, but this will do as a general checklist. Then you can see for yourself if the Note is worth the money or not.