FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to stop google from listening

10 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By pscientist, Junior Member on 29th October 2018, 02:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am convinced Google listens beyond Voice Assistant. I have encountered too many scenarios where material that is unrelated to my searches but related to my conversations comes up (examples below). I went to the Google voice activity history and nothing is recorded. My question is, is there a way to disable my microphone or remove all Google access to my phone when it is rooted? I have a feeling this goes way beyond whether or not the apps are installed and I think this may be embedded deep in the code.

My recent examples:
- I never listen to Queen. Last night, I was out with my friends at the club and I was at the jukebox and asked my friend what I should play. He said Bohemian Rhapsody, so I pulled it up * It never played before we left the club * but when I checked YouTube this morning, I saw an advertisement for the movie Bohemian Rhapsody.
- When I first met my colleagues, we went out for beers and one of them mentioned how they like to take care of a shrimp fish tank. They mentioned a specific species of shrimp that can come in different colors. When I checked YouTube later, I saw an advertisement for how to take care of this specific species of shrimp.

I mean what the f***? I already bought their product - I don't want anything to do with listening while I'm not on my phone and ultimately this will make or break whether or not I keep this phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+
15th January 2020, 02:46 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I can confirm this, same thing has been happening to me. Yesterday, I was talking to my friend about his real estate business and something about car insurance. Later in the day I opened youtube on my phone and I was getting ads about low rate car insurances and how to run a successful real estate business. Is there a way to stop this? What can I stop this on a rooted device?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)