Huawei Mate 9 Pro

Search This thread

jomeca

Dec 14, 2016
Recently, Tkkg1994 wrote a tutorial on "Unofficial TWRP for the Huawei Mate 9". My question: is it possible to apply this tutorial to Huawei Mate 9 PRO? (same chipset than Mate 9). Thks.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2017
Yes Twrp THAT VERSION WORKS :)

YES there is even a way to root , i did it myself..
after you unlock unloader, there is a tutorial how to do it ... (you get the unlock code from the huawei site...)
you install that unofficial version of twrp and since our device does not have a microsd extension the way that i did it since you can not access the file because the twrp not support encrypted os... so what you should do
is connect a usb type c to your device with phh's root the latest version , and then from the twrp install you install that file from the usb.
it works and i have root...
(there is a problem with toolbox tho.. but root is working...
someone here need to start a thread with rom collections..:)
good luck!:good:

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

I think you can use it on mate 9 pro.......You can have a try.
yes it works i tested it with the 6gb version generic 15

Reactions: strips and jomeca

strips

May 30, 2008
Åros
... and i have root...

Have been watching the TWRP-thread. I'm just waiting to see if things stabilise. We need a rom collection. I do not dare to start on rooting before I have a fastboot flashable stock recovery and all the other files.

PS. I have unlocked bootloader. Doing this is a bit dangerous as well. The automatic factory reset done when unlocking is prone to fail. I at least got a semi-bricked phone.

So for anyone not familiar with flashing in Android should stay far away at the moment.

vvizard83

Jan 23, 2017
libvidhance.so

Anyone with a Pro-version who can verify if the device include a libvidhance.so file in /lib and /lib64?

Freddy1k

May 4, 2014
Anyone with a Pro-version who can verify if the device include a libvidhance.so file in /lib and /lib64?

I looked, and I can't seem to find either of them.

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

Did the root work fully like no issue booting the phone?

After rooting, I've had no issues so far. Boots up fine for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes Twrp THAT VERSION WORKS :)

YES there is even a way to root , i did it myself..
    after you unlock unloader, there is a tutorial how to do it ... (you get the unlock code from the huawei site...)
    you install that unofficial version of twrp and since our device does not have a microsd extension the way that i did it since you can not access the file because the twrp not support encrypted os... so what you should do
    is connect a usb type c to your device with phh's root the latest version , and then from the twrp install you install that file from the usb.
    it works and i have root...
    (there is a problem with toolbox tho.. but root is working...
    good luck!:good:

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

I think you can use it on mate 9 pro.......You can have a try.
    yes it works i tested it with the 6gb version generic 15