how to install HK version on SM-C7000 32gb

Search This thread
Aug 24, 2013
hi friends,
first my story. i am very very early anthusiastic of android. know nothing about it. i bought sm-c7000 and it was on tgy (HK) version with play store. i love to root my android phones and kept searching how to root my c7. then i found a post by javad on xda and was able to root install xposed etc. one night i thought to remove root because xposed modules were not working well. so unrooted device in su. restarted and then the accident happened. my device was bricked. now i tried and tried and tried to install hk versions from sammobile but in vain. always got auth error or invalid data error showing data is too big. then i tried smart switch and downloaded by entering model number and serial number of my device. it was a huge happiness as downloaded completed and my phone booted. but when i used it was now china version with no play store.i was again in deep sorrow. then i again started searching. again file big error. searched the net and found that it was partition error and i need pit file. but after searching i revealed that pit file for both tgy and chc are same. then fighting with odin i got the solution.
solution is that first flash only ap file and it will give u error at userdata ext 4. dont worry. remove mobile and again put it into download mode and now flash bl, cp and csc files only. no ap file this time. remeber not to touch repartition. and untick reboot also. after flashing reboot into recovery and wipe data and cache partition. now your phone will be tgy with play store etc. enjoy and if u think my discovery is helpfull pls hit thanks. enjoy:cowboy::D:cowboy::D

Last edited:

s327374

Feb 11, 2011
Beijing
OPPO Find X5 Pro
I will try this soon on my friends phone that is chinese firmware 32gb, and I couldn't put to HK firmware due to that userdata 4 error. If it doesn't work I'll just put the Chinese firmwware back on. I wil definitely comeback and report how I went.

Just so annoying that Samsung does this. Also means that I can't buy an s8 when it comes out, as I will no longer be able to be sure that I can put google on it. As a Loawai in china, it is horrific not to have google on my phone - especially if it cost an arm an a leg, like the s8 will.

Reactions: supertausif2003

s327374

Feb 11, 2011
Beijing
OPPO Find X5 Pro
ok - doing this process now. Almost through the initial ap download and waiting for the error at userdata ext 4 message.

hi friends,
first my story. i am very very early anthusiastic of android. know nothing about it. i bought sm-c7000 and it was on tgy (HK) version with play store. i love to root my android phones and kept searching how to root my c7. then i found a post by javad on xda and was able to root install xposed etc. one night i thought to remove root because xposed modules were not working well. so unrooted device in su. restarted and then the accident happened. my device was bricked. now i tried and tried and tried to install hk versions from sammobile but in vain. always got auth error or invalid data error showing data is too big. then i tried smart switch and downloaded by entering model number and serial number of my device. it was a huge happiness as downloaded completed and my phone booted. but when i used it was now china version with no play store.i was again in deep sorrow. then i again started searching. again file big error. searched the net and found that it was partition error and i need pit file. but after searching i revealed that pit file for both tgy and chc are same. then fighting with odin i got the solution.
solution is that first flash only ap file and it will give u error at userdata ext 4. dont worry. remove mobile and again put it into download mode and now flash bl, cp and csc files only. remeber not to touch repartition. and untick reboot also. after flashing reboot into recovery and wipe data and cache partition. now your phone will be tgy with play store etc. enjoy and if u think my discovery is helpfull pls hit thanks. enjoy:cowboy::D:cowboy::D

---------- Post added at 06:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 AM ----------

hi friends,
solution is that first flash only ap file and it will give u error at userdata ext 4. dont worry. remove mobile and again put it into download mode and now flash bl, cp and csc files only. remeber not to touch repartition. and untick reboot also. after flashing reboot into recovery and wipe data and cache partition. now your phone will be tgy with play store etc. enjoy and if u think my discovery is helpfull pls hit thanks. enjoy:cowboy::D:cowboy::D

Alright am waiting for about five minutes to see what happens ... went through the process you described exactly ... ddn't know what to do when the odin process had failed initially upon AP flash, so I just waited 30 seconds and then used power switch to initiate reboot. Then I didn't know when I could take my phone out after flashing BL, AP, CP, CSC. Waited 30 seconds after ODIN had finished (didn't know if I should deselect 'F.Reset Time' - so I didn't) then I rebooted using power switch into the recovery. A system update appeared (and eventually crashed) before I managed to enter into the recovery and then followed your instructions to wipe partition and then wipe factory reset.

And .... waited another five minutes which seemed like about 10 hours!!!

And... YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woot.

s8 or Note 8? Both back on my radar to replace my ageing Huawei 6P.

Reactions: supertausif2003
Aug 24, 2013
thanks bro s327374. its just becoz of xda that i m in love with android. people here guided me, helped me in uncountable ways so i will give all credit to xda, its members and seniors like u. thanks once again...

Last edited:
Reactions: s327374

nsnobel2

Sep 27, 2011
hi friends,
solution is that first flash only ap file and it will give u error at userdata ext 4. dont worry. remove mobile and again put it into download mode and now flash bl, cp and csc files only. no ap file this time. remeber not to touch repartition. and untick reboot also. after flashing reboot into recovery and wipe data and cache partition. now your phone will be tgy with play store etc. enjoy and if u think my discovery is helpfull pls hit thanks. enjoy:cowboy::D:cowboy::D

Thanks for the tutorial and help, I need to know that
At the end which bl,cp and csc files you choose to flash over china region phone? I mean those were from hong kong version or from chc(china ) version ?

Last edited:

Undy Vox

Sep 26, 2017
Ulaanbaatar
hi friends,
Goddamn, it works like a charm. Thank you bro:highfive:

microtuff

Mar 18, 2019
pls help i have a sm c7000 TGY stuck in DL mode wont take flash says crom lock.how to disable crom lock please i love my phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi friends,
    Thnx bro..U r my hero :highfive:
    I will try this soon on my friends phone that is chinese firmware 32gb, and I couldn't put to HK firmware due to that userdata 4 error. If it doesn't work I'll just put the Chinese firmwware back on. I wil definitely comeback and report how I went.

Just so annoying that Samsung does this. Also means that I can't buy an s8 when it comes out, as I will no longer be able to be sure that I can put google on it. As a Loawai in china, it is horrific not to have google on my phone - especially if it cost an arm an a leg, like the s8 will.
    ok - doing this process now. Almost through the initial ap download and waiting for the error at userdata ext 4 message.

hi friends,

---------- Post added at 06:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 AM ----------

hi friends,

Alright am waiting for about five minutes to see what happens ... went through the process you described exactly ... ddn't know what to do when the odin process had failed initially upon AP flash, so I just waited 30 seconds and then used power switch to initiate reboot. Then I didn't know when I could take my phone out after flashing BL, AP, CP, CSC. Waited 30 seconds after ODIN had finished (didn't know if I should deselect 'F.Reset Time' - so I didn't) then I rebooted using power switch into the recovery. A system update appeared (and eventually crashed) before I managed to enter into the recovery and then followed your instructions to wipe partition and then wipe factory reset.

And .... waited another five minutes which seemed like about 10 hours!!!

And... YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woot.

s8 or Note 8? Both back on my radar to replace my ageing Huawei 6P.
    thanks bro s327374. its just becoz of xda that i m in love with android. people here guided me, helped me in uncountable ways so i will give all credit to xda, its members and seniors like u. thanks once again...