FORUMS

Installing Google Play Services on JPay JP5S tablet

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Abuhuraira007, Junior Member on 23rd March 2020, 04:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello, everybody.

I have installed Google Play Services on a jailbroken/hacked JPay JP5S tablet.

However, as soon as I did, about every ten(10) seconds, an error message prompt pops up saying, "Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped."

It just keeps repeating about every ten(10) seconds.

Any ideas on why it's doing that? Or how to fix it?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
23rd March 2020, 08:43 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 757

More
@abuhuraira

The Google Play Store consists of at least 4-APKs: Google Play Services is only one of these which depend on each other.

In detail:
Google Services Framework, Google Account Management, Google Play Services & Google Play Store

These must be installed in following order ( mandatory!!! )
Google Account Manager (com.google.android.gsf.login)
Google Services Framework (com.google.android.gsf)
Google Play Services (com.google.android.gms)
Google Play Store (com.android.vending)

to properly work.
23rd March 2020, 09:04 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoegerbauer

@abuhuraira

The Google Play Store consists of a 4-APKs package: Google Play Services is only one of these four which depend on each other.

Thanks for the reply. What are the other three APKs?

FYI, I had also installed Google Play Store, Google Play Music, and Google Play Movies. It still does the same thing with those four installed.
23rd March 2020, 09:06 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abuhuraira007

Thanks for the reply. What are the other three APKs?

FYI, I had also installed Google Play Store, Google Play Music, and Google Play Movies. It still does the same thing with those four installed.

Hi
I've edited my post: please re-read.
24th March 2020, 04:56 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

@abuhuraira

The Google Play Store consists of at least 4-APKs: Google Play Services is only one of these which depend on each other.

In detail:
Google Services Framework, Google Account Management, Google Play Services & Google Play Store

These must be installed in following order ( mandatory!!! )
Google Account Manager (com.google.android.gsf.login)
Google Services Framework (com.google.android.gsf)
Google Play Services (com.google.android.gms)
Google Play Store (com.android.vending)

to properly work.

Thanks. I tried them all. In that order. It's still doing the same thing.

Any ideas about how to get it working?

I appreciate it.
24th March 2020, 08:18 AM |#6  

More
@Abuhuraira007

Did you really uninstall/remove all Google apps/services before followed by running a system cleaner afterwards? Is your device rooted so you could properly remove all Google services? Simply overriding still existing apps/services never works as expected.

To find out the reason why Google Play Services crashes you've to look inside Android's Logcat: that's the only reliable method IMHO. If you aren't familiar with this do a related Google search ...
25th March 2020, 12:23 AM |#7  

More
Please message me on telegram I need help with this. @Backup28445
26th March 2020, 03:32 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

@Abuhuraira007

Did you really uninstall/remove all Google apps/services before followed by running a system cleaner afterwards?

No. To my knowledge, JPay JP5S tablets do not have any Google services installed. I am not 100% sure of this, but they appear to come with only core JPay apps and no Google apps, aside from running on an older shell of Android itself. There certainly do not appear to be any traces of the Google Services .APKs on it.

I definitely did not run a "system cleaner" afterwards, because I don't know what that is.

Quote:

Is your device rooted so you could properly remove all Google services? Simply overriding still existing apps/services never works as expected.

I don't know if this device is rooted or not. It has been, for lack of a better phrase, "jailbroken," meaning it can run apps other than JPay apps, but I don't know if that is the same as rooting the device. To my knowledge, they are not the same.

Quote:

To find out the reason why Google Play Services crashes you've to look inside Android's Logcat: that's the only reliable method IMHO. If you aren't familiar with this do a related Google search ...

I am not familiar with this, but I will Google it.

Thanks for the information.
26th March 2020, 11:15 AM |#9  

More
@Abuhuraira007
AFAIK your tablet runs on a lockdown version of Android 4.2.2 ( Jelly Bean ). This 4.2.2 is so old - 10 years - and insecure it today shouldn't be used at all, IMHO.
Code:
ro.rksdk.version=RK31_ANDROID4.2.2-SDK-v1.04.00
You probably need to install a "Google Play Store" ( 4-APKs-package) version matching Android 4.2.2, e.g. Google Play services 12.2.21 (030-188803320) (030) ...
Yesterday, 02:19 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

@Abuhuraira007
AFAIK your tablet runs on a lockdown version of Android 4.2.2 ( Jelly Bean ).

This is my understanding as well, and it seems to be supported by the apps I am able to install or not. The tablet only appears able to recognize apps that support Android 4.2.2 or older. Newer apps and newer versions of older apps won’t install.

This is rather easy to tell. If the tablet recognizes the .APK with either the App logo or the Android Man logo, then the app will install. Otherwise, the tablet recognizes the .APK with a document logo with a question mark, and it won’t install.
Quote:

This 4.2.2 is so old - 10 years - and insecure it today shouldn't be used at all, IMHO.

Code:
ro.rksdk.version=RK31_ANDROID4.2.2-SDK-v1.04.00

You’re probably right about this. My main reason for wanting to install Google Play Store and Google Play Services on it is that some apps require Google Play in order to function fully. Others (e.g., AndrOpen Office) require Google Play in order to even function at all.
Quote:

You probably need to install a "Google Play Store" ( 4-APKs-package) version matching Android 4.2.2, e.g. Google Play services 12.2.21 (030-188803320) (030) ...

I was thinking the same thing, but something weird happens here. The tablet easily recognize the most recent versions of Google Play Services and Google Play Store. I downloaded:

Google Play Services 20.09.14 from https://m.apkpure.com/google-play-se...le.android.gms
Google Play Store 19.3.25 from https://m.apkpure.com/google-play-st...ndroid.vending
Google Play Store 19.3.26 from https://google-play.uptodown.com/and...cargar/2204225

However, I had to search for really old versions of both Google Account Manager and Google Services Framework that would even install on the tablet. I used:

Google Account Manager 4.4.4 from https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...27136-release/
Google Services Framework 4.0.4-488656 from https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...88656-release/

Now, it only displays the former "Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped."

It also says, "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped."
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)