FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Jpay JP5 tablet w/ android operating sys need unlocked

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By Mjunior1661, Junior Member on 12th March 2017, 10:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Its a 4.3x7 tablet with 4.2.2 androidbuilt.20151109.143506 and it has jpay system on it. I want to teather to my android phone and use on web or unlock it so it can pick up my hotspot. How do i do it?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mjunior1661 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mjunior1661 Ad-Free
26th January 2018, 08:32 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
jp5 tablet
just got home, looking for a way to do the same. I know it's a security issue but I just want my stuff off of the thing but I dont want to pay shapiro any more money, he's got enough of it already
The Following User Says Thank You to irish1965 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift irish1965 Ad-Free
6th May 2018, 04:28 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Need this information
I also need this information
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjunior1661

Its a 4.3x7 tablet with 4.2.2 androidbuilt.20151109.143506 and it has jpay system on it. I want to teather to my android phone and use on web or unlock it so it can pick up my hotspot. How do i do it?

The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [email protected] Ad-Free
12th May 2018, 06:24 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Your help is here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish1965

just got home, looking for a way to do the same. I know it's a security issue but I just want my stuff off of the thing but I dont want to pay shapiro any more money, he's got enough of it already

Get a phone smartphone USB cable, plug it into your (windows) desktop/laptop. Then plug it into your jp5 tablet,(make sure that ur tablet. An desktop/laptop is on. Then windows will prompt u saying. Unable to install drivers. You will have to manually install a " USB storage driver".
Open up the device manager,
Find the unrecognized device, it should be
Labeled jp5 media device.
"Right click, select update drivers,
*then on the next menu that pops up,
*select, browse the computer for drivers.
*select, let me pick from a list of drivers.
*then on the next menu,
*find the option to list all drivers / select from a list / show all drivers.
Once you get to that the rest is easy,
Just find the drivers called " SCANLOGIC , USB STORAGE DRIVER. INSTALL IT. THEN UR JP5 tablet sdcard storage will be accessible.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to finalsowell For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift finalsowell Ad-Free
7th March 2019, 02:11 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
I can soon... I left mine back at the other place. Should we start a device thread for this thing or has that already been done?
The Following User Says Thank You to phuckt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift phuckt Ad-Free
5th April 2019, 06:45 PM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by phuckt

I can soon... I left mine back at the other place. Should we start a device thread for this thing or has that already been done?

I'm not sure. I no longer have mine either, but i'm up for assisting with any projects. Outside of known issues, upgrading it to a 5.0 or higher would be good for it and people with these tablets. 4.2.2 is way outdated. I had 3 phones, all pre-2015 models, all running 4.4.4 today in 2019. Two are still owned by me, with one to be updated to 5.0 or higher within a week, i gotta look at some things before i make that move.

Bottom line, these things were built in 2017 starting out at 4.2.2. Standard initial release in 2015 was 4.4-4.4.4, typically 4.4.2. Then came the security patches released about the same time. Good news is we don't have full text messaging like a phone does, but its always good to have that kind of patch in there

I'm guessing that both sizes will have about the same, but we need testers with good access.

Even if its a root browser look at the build.prop and then manually entered here, anything is a start.

FYI to those who don't know, the file is in the system partition and is a basic text file

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjunior1661

See my post to help out if possible. We need more info first.
8th April 2019, 07:50 PM |#8  
Tracked down build.prop

begin build properties

autogenerated by buildinfo.sh

ro.build.id=JP5JDQ47 ro.build.display.id=JP5JDQ47.worker20170830.124424
ro.build.version.incremental=worker.20170830.12442 4
ro.build.version.sdk=17 ro.build.version.codename=REL ro.build.version.release=4.2.2
ro.build.date=Wed Aug 30 12:45:52 EDT 2017 ro.build.date.utc=1504111552
ro.build.type=user
ro.build.user=worker ro.build.host=MIRSRVDEVABS01 ro.build.tags=release-keys
ro.product.model=JP5s Inmate Media Device ro.product.brand=JPay
ro.product.name=jp5s
ro.product.device=jp5s
ro.product.board=jp5s
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi ro.product.manufacturer=JPay Inc. ro.product.locale.language=en ro.product.locale.region=US
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=rk3188

ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device

ro.build.product=jp5s

Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint

ro.build.description=jp5s-user 4.2.2 JP5JDQ47 worker.20170830.124424 release-keys ro.build.fingerprint=JPay/jp5s/jp5s:4.2.2/JP5JDQ47/worker.20170830.124424:user/release-keys
ro.build.characteristics=tablet

end build properties

system.prop

rild.libpath=/system/lib/libreference-ril.so

rild.libargs=-d /dev/ttyUSB2

Default ecclist

ro.ril.ecclist=112,911

ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES

ro.com.android.dateformat=MM-dd-yyyy ro.config.ringtone=Ring_Synth_04.ogg ro.config.notification_sound=pixiedust.ogg ro.carrier=unknown ro.config.alarm_alert=Alarm_Classic.ogg dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=8m dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=64m dalvik.vm.heapsize=384m dalvik.vm.heaptargetutilization=0.75 dalvik.vm.heapminfree=512k dalvik.vm.heapmaxfree=8m persist.sys.usb.config=mass_storage ro.sf.lcdc_composer=0 persist.sys.strictmode.visual=false dalvik.vm.jniopts=warnonly ro.rksdk.version=RK31_ANDROID4.2.2-SDK-v1.04.00
sys.wallpaper.rgb565=0
sf.power.control=2073600
sys.rkadb.root=0
ro.sf.fakerotation=true
ro.rk.MassStorage=false ro.rk.airplane_enable=false ro.rk.systembar.voiceicon=true ro.rk.systembar.tabletUI=false
wifi.interface=wlan0
ro.tether.denied=false
ro.rk.screenoff_time=60000 ro.rk.homepage_base=http://www.google.com/webhp?client={...ket_apps=false ro.default.size=100
persist.sys.timezone=Eastern/Time
ro.product.usbfactory=jpay_usb wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=15 ro.opengles.version=131072
ro.factory.tool=0
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0 persist.sys.lock_notification_count=0 ro.rk.bt_enable=true
ro.rk.gps_enable=false
sys.hwc.compose_policy=6
ro.sf.lcd_density=160
ro.sf.hwrotation=270
ro.rk.def_brightness=200
ro.rk.lcdc_enable=false
ro.factory.storage_policy=0 ro.product.version=1.0.0 ro.product.ota.host=www.jpay.comro.product.type=pe rsonal
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y
net.bt.name=Android
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt
11th April 2019, 07:19 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
I'm currently driving a truck over the road, before I leave out again I'll grab the device and I always have my laptop (currently running linux mint/kde)... I'm fairly computer literate and have experience with device software, TWRP, ddwrt, etc...
If there's anything I can do to contribute I'll be happy to.
The Following User Says Thank You to phuckt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift phuckt Ad-Free
11th April 2019, 07:40 PM |#10  
Quote:
Originally Posted by phuckt

I'm currently driving a truck over the road, before I leave out again I'll grab the device and I always have my laptop (currently running linux mint/kde)... I'm fairly computer literate and have experience with device software, TWRP, ddwrt, etc...
If there's anything I can do to contribute I'll be happy to.

We really do need a twrp/cwm built. Obviously cwm is kinda dead since most people went to twrp.

We also need to find how to root. Idk if i would look at magisk, but chainfire's final beta supersu is always good for these older versions. Framaroot or something has to work.

I haven't even begun to experiment with magisk yet, but i will in the next few days on currently possessed devices.

Hopefully we can get this to be like the droid x or defy and do everything from the device. I see kitkat as a possible upgrade. Beyond that, who knows
19th April 2019, 04:47 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
jp5 flash
hi there-
I noticed that you are the only person on the internet and believe me I have searched everywhere that came up with all that info. I must confess I am a novice to android and while I can recognize good quality info needed to help with a project -- I have no idea how to use it. I have an old jp5s (jpay) 7in tablet. It is locked and I want to wipe it clean put on a fresh flavour and use it for a house control remote. Can you guide me into how to do the first part? When I plug it into the laptop, Linux does not recognize the device.. same with windows. any help would be awesome
thx
Wargames 1127
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)