Jpay JP5 tablet w/ android operating sys need unlocked

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By Mjunior1661, Junior Member on 12th March 2017, 11:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th October 2019, 07:32 AM |#111  
Quote:
Originally Posted by technotwiz

I have all the latest Rockchip Tools. None work. Still working on editing build & default.prop - no luck saving yet. May have to push/pull the .prop files to make any edits stick. Then will they fail some other check from jpay?

I installed busybox and titanium, both failed to gain root access. I don't understand why the request is not getting passed to Kingo Root authorization app.

Ok, so if i'm understanding things, pulling the boot.img from the tablet does work, but pushing to the tablet does not work, right?
6th October 2019, 08:56 AM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05

Ok, so if i'm understanding things, pulling the boot.img from the tablet does work, but pushing to the tablet does not work, right?

I have not tried to push your patched boot.img to any device yet. I though it would be best if you could patch the boot.img pulled from one of the smaller tablets. This way if it fails we still have another to test on.

After successfully editing build.prop I don't see any reason why I can't push your image. The learning curve is pretty steep, but I am persistent. Wish I could learn faster though.

I will try and get the smaller tablets boot.img pulled and uploaded tonight.

Update, ran into snag because /proc/mtd only shows the column label info on the small tablet. I will have to figure this out another way. Not gonna get image tonight.
6th October 2019, 08:30 PM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I'm not sure if this will help or not, but we did "root" a tablet several months ago using KingoRoot. I put root in quotes because it wasn't full root. We had super user privileges and were able to uninstall system apps. But when we tried to install a system app through adb we ran into a verity issue. We researched and tried several things to disable verity, but to no avail. We finally threw in the towel. No matter what we did we got that verity error message. I don't remember exactly what it said, but the gist of it is we needed to disable verity.

Vincent
7th October 2019, 04:09 AM |#114  
Thanks Meter: 8

Donate to Me
More
Ok, well I don't have a windows PC with me, just a manjaro laptop... Anyone have a good udev rules entry for this thing?
7th October 2019, 07:04 PM |#115  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have a jpay JP5 inmate media device 7inch build# JP5JDQ48.worker20171109.075727,kernel version 3.0.36+. I was released the day I got mine so it does not do anything. Would like to put games on it for the kids but can't figure out how. Never synced it with the kiosk. Anyone help?
7th October 2019, 08:00 PM |#116  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameshaus

I have a jpay JP5 inmate media device 7inch build# JP5JDQ48.worker20171109.075727,kernel version 3.0.36+. I was released the day I got mine so it does not do anything. Would like to put games on it for the kids but can't figure out how. Never synced it with the kiosk. Anyone help?

You never synced it? Ever? Still have bluetooth? Is it timer locked?
7th October 2019, 10:11 PM |#117  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameshaus

I'm assuming your bluetooth does not work since it's a new one. If that's true, you will need a PC and a USB to Micro USB data cable.
If you have that then I can show you a workaround to get apps on your JPay tablet. Let me know if you have that and we can go from there.

Vincent
https://jpayhack.weebly.com/journal/jpay-hack
7th October 2019, 10:21 PM |#118  
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentjblake

I'm assuming your bluetooth does not work since it's a new one. If that's true, you will need a PC and a USB to Micro USB data cable.
If you have that then I can show you a workaround to get apps on your JPay tablet. Let me know if you have that and we can go from there.

Vincent

Oddly enough, at least this was the case for where i was, bluetooth was accessible until you plugged it up to the kiosk for the first time. Once you did that, bt capabilities disappeared (not sure if it was boot.img related or system modification that took it out). I'll conceed that every place may be different.
8th October 2019, 03:24 AM |#119  
Flag Coeur d'Alene

More
Quote:

Oddly enough, at least this was the case for where i was, bluetooth was accessible until you plugged it up to the kiosk for the first time. Once you did that, bt capabilities disappeared (not sure if it was boot.img related or system modification that took it out). I'll conceed that every place may be different.

It is part of the update script that was run when it first got JPay apps on it. I've been digging as deep as I can with a partial root and found an update payload that specifically deletes com.android.bluetooth from the system. I have been unable to find a compatible apk and I still can't figure out how to get anything installed on it other than the apps provided on that link. Would anyone be willing to walk me through the process so I can experiment some more?

Vincent I can confirm that updating using the USB cable does work, but it likes to glitch out if you leave the cable plugged in during reboots. The way I have to mount the internal storage to make it work with ADB makes the device no longer able to access internal storage.
8th October 2019, 03:02 PM |#120  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTidez

It is part of the update script that was run when it first got JPay apps on it. I've been digging as deep as I can with a partial root and found an update payload that specifically deletes com.android.bluetooth from the system. I have been unable to find a compatible apk and I still can't figure out how to get anything installed on it other than the apps provided on that link. Would anyone be willing to walk me through the process so I can experiment some more?

Vincent I can confirm that updating using the USB cable does work, but it likes to glitch out if you leave the cable plugged in during reboots. The way I have to mount the internal storage to make it work with ADB makes the device no longer able to access internal storage.

JPay kills bluetooth with a few lines in a shell script that's included with their software updates.
Code:
mount -o rw,remount /system &>> /sdcard/debug.log
[ -d /sdcard/bluetooth ] && ls -la /sdcard/bluetooth &>> /sdcard/debug.log && rm -rf /sdcard/bluetooth
[ -d /data/misc/bluedroid ] && rm -rf /data/misc/bluedroid/* &>> /sdcard/debug.log
am force-stop com.android.bluetooth &>> /sdcard/debug.log
rm /system/app/Bluetooth.apk &>> /sdcard/debug.log
I'm not sure if they do that for every state, though.

Once you sync for adb (tap the sync button on the tablet), you'll need to go back into Device Manager and update the driver again. Then you will have adb and access to storage.

Vincent
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vincentjblake For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vincentjblake Ad-Free
10th October 2019, 11:34 AM |#121  

More
Quote:

Not locked. Bluetooth does Not work.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Quote:

Never synched it. Ever.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)