Thanks Meter: 6

By Mjunior1661, Junior Member on 12th March 2017, 10:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th October 2019, 10:34 AM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05

You never synced it? Ever? Still have bluetooth? Is it timer locked?

Not locked. Bluetooth does Not work.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05

You never synced it? Ever? Still have bluetooth? Is it timer locked?

Never synched it. Ever.
10th October 2019, 03:25 PM |#122  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameshaus

Not locked. Bluetooth does Not work.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Never synched it. Ever.

Do you have a PC and a USB to Micro USB data cable?

Vincent
https://jpayhack.weebly.com/journal/jpay-hack
10th October 2019, 06:36 PM |#123  

More
Vincent, I have applied the tiger updates to my tablet via a usb cable and they were successfully loaded. I am interested to try and place other apk's on the tablet in the same process. I looked at the whitelist inside of the updates and attempted to change the data in order to allow the new apk's to process, but have failed to accomplish anything, do you have any advice on how to get it to work?
10th October 2019, 07:00 PM |#124  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer187

Vincent, I have applied the tiger updates to my tablet via a usb cable and they were successfully loaded. I am interested to try and place other apk's on the tablet in the same process. I looked at the whitelist inside of the updates and attempted to change the data in order to allow the new apk's to process, but have failed to accomplish anything, do you have any advice on how to get it to work?

You would need to edit the config and replace the package name with the package name you're installing. Then you will have to update the md5 checksum. You also need to change the checksum for the zip file after that. I'll send you a link in a minute that will explain in more details. There a several steps involved.

Vincent
10th October 2019, 07:22 PM |#125  

More
So I have the jp5 media device BV and am very interested in getting it off the jpay network and on to regular Wi-Fi. I have seen a couple other tablets done this way and it has to do with installing es file explorer first. I have the actual drivers from off the kiosk but don't have enough compiter literacy to know what to do with them. I can't get apps in there but I can easily access the tablet when I plug it up. If anyone would like these jpay drivers I'll gladly send them to anyone who wants them. I'd just like to install several apps on my tablet that jpay doesn't offer.
10th October 2019, 07:38 PM |#126  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleemonkey

So I have the jp5 media device BV and am very interested in getting it off the jpay network and on to regular Wi-Fi. I have seen a couple other tablets done this way and it has to do with installing es file explorer first. I have the actual drivers from off the kiosk but don't have enough compiter literacy to know what to do with them. I can't get apps in there but I can easily access the tablet when I plug it up. If anyone would like these jpay drivers I'll gladly send them to anyone who wants them. I'd just like to install several apps on my tablet that jpay doesn't offer.

This will get you started:

Are you sure they are drivers that you have? I would like to have them whatever they are.
Vincent
11th October 2019, 08:08 AM |#127  

More
I know how to remove the kiosk lock, that reads that you must sync tablet to continue
Quote:
Originally Posted by technotwiz

Did you unzip the contents? Tried unzipping a couple of the packages but they are not valid zip files as labeled. Can anyone determine their format? Plus the md5 hash isn't correct.

They seem to install, but the kiosk sync lock is still there. So, seems like back to the drawing board.

1. You must delete the wsconfig folder.
2. open up your notepad.exe.
3. enter the current date and time.
4. Save as. currentdate.dat file type: all files under the drive letter ( example f:/currentdate.dat)
5. Unplug the USB cable

The screen will turn off then you enter your password on the screen and it will free of the 30 day lock.
11th October 2019, 04:23 PM |#128  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslan381

1. You must delete the wsconfig folder.
2. open up your notepad.exe.
3. enter the current date and time.
4. Save as. currentdate.dat file type: all files under the drive letter ( example f:/currentdate.dat)
5. Unplug the USB cable

The screen will turn off then you enter your password on the screen and it will free of the 30 day lock.

I have a utility PC app that will do it for you. Just follow the link below. I never charge or put up annoying ads or any of that crap.

You actually don't need to delete the wsconfig folder or enter the date and time.
JPay's app only reads the 'Date Modified' attribute of the file. So the date and time you created or saved the currentDate.dat file is the datetime that it reads and sets on your tablet.

The reason this works is because there is no mortalityDate.dat file. When you sync to a kiosk you get both. The mortalityDate.dat is what sets the 30 day time span. Without it, the variable gets set to null and the code block that sets the "timer" is skipped. So no timer set!

Vincent
11th October 2019, 06:05 PM |#129  

More
Help menu
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentjblake

I have a utility PC app that will do it for you. Just follow the link below. I never charge or put up annoying ads or any of that crap.

You actually don't need to delete the wsconfig folder or enter the date and time.
JPay's app only reads the 'Date Modified' attribute of the file. So the date and time you created or saved the currentDate.dat file is the datetime that it reads and sets on your tablet.

The reason this works is because there is no mortalityDate.dat file. When you sync to a kiosk you get both. The mortalityDate.dat is what sets the 30 day time span. Without it, the variable gets set to null and the code block that sets the "timer" is skipped. So no timer set!

Vincent

The updated tablet that I have don't have the bluetooth share. It was there and I updated my device in 2018 and it stopped working. Its has been purged. So I cannot access the bluetooth menu.
What app can I use to tether my phone to the device to read the drive.
11th October 2019, 06:27 PM |#130  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslan381

The updated tablet that I have don't have the bluetooth share. It was there and I updated my device in 2018 and it stopped working. Its has been purged. So I cannot access the bluetooth menu.
What app can I use to tether my phone to the device to read the drive.

Yeah JPay kills bluetooth in their latest updates. I will send you something later. I need to put it together for you.

Vincent
12th October 2019, 01:28 AM |#131  

More
Tablet unlocked by JPay
Does anyone have a tablet unlocked by JPay?
If so, I just have a couple of questions.
Thanks.
Vincent
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)