Thanks Meter: 6

By Mjunior1661, Junior Member on 12th March 2017, 10:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th April 2019, 04:47 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
jp5 flash
hi there-
I noticed that you are the only person on the internet and believe me I have searched everywhere that came up with all that info. I must confess I am a novice to android and while I can recognize good quality info needed to help with a project -- I have no idea how to use it. I have an old jp5s (jpay) 7in tablet. It is locked and I want to wipe it clean put on a fresh flavour and use it for a house control remote. Can you guide me into how to do the first part? When I plug it into the laptop, Linux does not recognize the device.. same with windows. any help would be awesome
thx
Wargames 1127
19th April 2019, 01:46 PM |#12  
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargames1127

hi there-
I noticed that you are the only person on the internet and believe me I have searched everywhere that came up with all that info. I must confess I am a novice to android and while I can recognize good quality info needed to help with a project -- I have no idea how to use it. I have an old jp5s (jpay) 7in tablet. It is locked and I want to wipe it clean put on a fresh flavour and use it for a house control remote. Can you guide me into how to do the first part? When I plug it into the laptop, Linux does not recognize the device.. same with windows. any help would be awesome
thx
Wargames 1127

We need the source code/main files for the chips in it. If we can ge that, we may be in business. May, b/c there's no guarantee an updated build (rom) will flash properly to the device, or that the rom will be stable.

I have noticed that a lot of my older devices have dropped off at 4.4-6.0 range. Part of this has to do with cyanogenmod fading away and lineage os replacing it. A lot of devices are now unofficial builds b/c of this. I'm not going to give a full blown history lesson, but thats what i have seen. However, with this running 4.2 out the gate, that range may be boosted. I don't know yet. And without one of these tablets, the most i can do is a tech support/dev support.
The Following User Says Thank You to palmbeach05 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift palmbeach05 Ad-Free
19th April 2019, 02:07 PM |#13  

More
jp5 flash
I am tempted to just use it as a doorstop at this point. However, I am open to any ideas from the community at large~ thanks for the fast response~ Wargames
9th May 2019, 05:58 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
novice
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05

And without one of these tablets, the most i can do is a tech support/dev support.

I don't have the experience to get through the security measures on this device. I only have experience installing twrp, lineageOs, maybe a Stang build. So pretty basic. BUT, I am highly motivated to unlock this device. I have a few of them, one 10 inch and two of the mini versions. I would be willing to part with one if you think it would really make this possible. How can the "source code" be obtained? Any way I can help?

Further, I am puzzles how the build.prop was obtained. I can access the storage of the device, but only basic media files. No system stuff. How can a root browser be installed without privileges? I guess if my player wasn't totally locked down....

Not related to this thread, but common to institutional players... I have an image of the kiosk used with an Access Corrections MAXXpro player (which is encrypted). Its around 7GB, but complete. May be fun for somebody who loves to reverse engineer stuff. If interested please PM me.
9th May 2019, 09:44 AM |#15  
Quote:
Originally Posted by technotwiz

I don't have the experience to get through the security measures on this device. I only have experience installing twrp, lineageOs, maybe a Stang build. So pretty basic. BUT, I am highly motivated to unlock this device. I have a few of them, one 10 inch and two of the mini versions. I would be willing to part with one if you think it would really make this possible. How can the "source code" be obtained? Any way I can help?

Further, I am puzzles how the build.prop was obtained. I can access the storage of the device, but only basic media files. No system stuff. How can a root browser be installed without privileges? I guess if my player wasn't totally locked down....

Not related to this thread, but common to institutional players... I have an image of the kiosk used with an Access Corrections MAXXpro player (which is encrypted). Its around 7GB, but complete. May be fun for somebody who loves to reverse engineer stuff. If interested please PM me.

Build.prop was actually pulled from another site. With any device i get, i install root browser through the play store, then navigate to the system partition and see all the standard files and folders that are there in a rom build. I open the build.prop from there and see whats going on
10th May 2019, 04:23 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05

Build.prop was actually pulled from another site. With any device i get, i install root browser through the play store, then navigate to the system partition and see all the standard files and folders that are there in a rom build. I open the build.prop from there and see whats going on

I have a root browser installed on my LineageOS phone, but my JPay tablets are completely locked. Only JPay apps are on them. Can't even listen to music because the timers have locked them and I'm not going back to sync...

Is there another group working on this device? I still have friends who could use the help if you know what I mean. Also, are you familiar with anyone working to unlock the Access MAXXpro devices? Guys still have them as well. My offer still stands with the locked tablet btw. Unlocking either device is way out of my league. I can follow directions well, but that is about it. Just trying to help friends....
10th May 2019, 10:08 AM |#17  
Quote:

I have a root browser installed on my LineageOS phone, but my JPay tablets are completely locked. Only JPay apps are on them. Can't even listen to music because the timers have locked them and I'm not going back to sync...

Is there another group working on this device? I still have friends who could use the help if you know what I mean. Also, are you familiar with anyone working to unlock the Access MAXXpro devices? Guys still have them as well. My offer still stands with the locked tablet btw. Unlocking either device is way out of my league. I can follow directions well, but that is about it. Just trying to help friends....

Knowing what i know, and this may be area specific, the maxxpros were phased out in favor of the jp5. But i know that some ppl still held onto theirs

There may be other teams working on it. I think development is at a barely going anywhere crawl. Mostly b/c ppl are not knowledgeable in android development. Its a difficult challenge, which you and I are on the same page of knowing what we're dealing with. And once the tablet gets to a more accessible point, the owner has either given it away, threw it away, or let it collect dust. That adds to the dilemma.
24th May 2019, 06:01 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have an unlocked jpay jp5s tablet I'll post what I can for you guys . I need help enabling the bluetooth adapter as this firmware version it wasn't active, need to see if I can root it with king root, and want to find out if there is actually a cellular chip in it(cell service options are in settings), also the storage is weird in this thing. Apps install to a 1gb internal memory and then there's the 32gb unmountable a sdcard, which is built in. Can't install many apps because of this . Also I have no access to a pc
The Following User Says Thank You to Shifty657 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shifty657 Ad-Free
24th May 2019, 06:29 PM |#19  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty657

I have an unlocked jpay jp5s tablet I'll post what I can for you guys . I need help enabling the bluetooth adapter as this firmware version it wasn't active, need to see if I can root it with king root, and want to find out if there is actually a cellular chip in it(cell service options are in settings), also the storage is weird in this thing. Apps install to a 1gb internal memory and then there's the 32gb unmountable a sdcard, which is built in. Can't install many apps because of this . Also I have no access to a pc

Try and get root browser on it and use the apps built in busy box to explore around.

Biggest thing we need is definitely going to be root. I'd say magisk, but idk if support goes back to before 4.3 or not. Lets see what we can do

Btw, thats the 7-8 inch tablet? Storage size sounds about right for that, not the small 4-5 inch one
27th May 2019, 04:36 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Yes its the 7in can anyone tell me how to sudo/su root with a shell command emulator? Android is version 4.2.2 scared to use king root on this. Need to root though
15th June 2019, 11:16 PM |#21  
Flag Coeur d'Alene

More
Quote:

I would be interested in getting that image, im currently trying to reverse engineer the update and communication process. I found a completely unencrypted update file on mine and am busy trying to sort it out :P but anything that had any chance of possibly making this thing any bit better than a paper weight would be fantastic!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)