I only ported this kernel to ME302KL (DUMA)
- Based on Google AOSP 3.4.0 and LineageOS's kernel sources for MSM devices
- CPU OC up to 2.3Ghz with OV/UV support / minimum frequency down to 81 MHz (configurable)
- L2/bus speed OC up to 1.49GHz / 4.8GBPS
- GPU OC up to 627 MHz with OV/UV support
- CPU governors : Faux's intellidemand, interactive, ondemand, smartmax, intelliactive, conservative, elementalx
- I/O schedulers: noop, deadline, cfq, fiops, sio, BFQ, zen
- Kernel based intelli-thermal driver by Faux123
- Kernel based msm hotplug driver by Fluxi
- tni.andro's battery life extender support
- Magnetic on/off setting (Does not work because DUMA hasn't LID)
- USB fast charge support
- USB OTG charge hack support by flar2
- FauxSound support
- LineageOS's PCC color tweaking
- Fsync switch on/off
- Touchscreen patches by Showp1984
- Touchscreen wake/sleep gestures by flar2
- Kali Pwn Pad experimental support
- Optimized algorithms and libraries
- Various performance and power saving tweaks
- NTFS, NFS and exFAT support
- F2FS support up to all-F2FS with automatic ramdisk patching at flash time (reflash if you change partition format !)
- Kexec-hardboot support for Multirom compatibility
- This is the Full package. It comes with Aroma installer to set core features at flash time (L2 OC level, CPU OC, etc.)
- Custom Synapse support with various settings and core features tweaks
- Compiled with Linaro 7.1.1 toolchain with various optimizations
- SELinux Permissive patch (Disabled by default, can be enabled in Aroma)
- Wifi firmware overrider to fix wifi on 4.4.3 & lower or on roms using old wifi firmware
Link Updated - BUGFIX 28-04-2017
r565 Full (10-05-2017):
r566 Full (07-06-2017): (This Release has a new kind of ramdisk, so use only on AOSP 7.1.2 r12 and newer. Don't use with AOSP 7.1.2 r8 and older)
r570 Full (29-06-2017): (This Release has a new kind of ramdisk, so use only on AOSP 7.1.2 r12 and newer. Don't use with AOSP 7.1.2 r8 and older)
r572Full (17-07-2017): (This Release has a new kind of ramdisk, so use only on AOSP 7.1.2 r12 and newer. Don't use with AOSP 7.1.2 r8 and older)
r574Full (15-09-2017): (This Release has a new kind of ramdisk, so use only on AOSP 7.1.2 r12 and newer. Don't use with AOSP 7.1.2 r8 and older)
- Flash the Glitch zip with TWRP
- Follow the Wizard to customize settings and flash the kernel
You can tweak multiple options of this kernel with TricksterMod, FauxClock, Kernel Adiutor, Synapse(r500 and up, definitely recommended to get the most available options) or similar apps. (They are all available on the PlayStore)
About this build
This builds is using Aroma Installer so you can tweak various options at flash time. At the end of the process, a file containing your settings will be created (/sdcard/glitch-settings.conf). This "full" builds is also able to restore your settings from Aroma after a rom flash or wipe for example.
This builds is coming with a custom Synapse support to let you tweak all the core options on the fly once booted.
The default settings applied are as follow :
- 1.7GHz max CPU freq (from 1.5GHz stock) / 1GHz max CPU freq when the screen is off / "Balanced" L2 OC
- msm_hotplug driver in place of msm_mpdecision
- 450MHz max GPU freq (inline with other Snapdragon 600 devices - from 400MHz stock)
- Safe CPU and GPU undervolting for lower heat and power consumption
- Deadline I/O sched / Interactive CPU governor
- Doubletap to wake and fastcharge enabled (Doubletap to wake will slowly drain power during suspend, so disable it if not used)
- Everything else is kept stock
What do I have to do to use F2FS on one (or more) of my partitions ?
First, BACKUP your data if needed, especially if you're planning to use F2FS on DATA partition, as changing filesystem will wipe the partition. Change partition formats as needed in your recovery. It is NOT recommended to convert system partition as F2FS as it'll be slower than EXT4 to begin with (as the partition is mostly read only) and will alter compatibility with many roms (especially CM/LineageOS based). The last thing to do is to flash any Glitch kernel with a revision number past r150. You can restore your settings from SDcard if any, the install process will detect the partitions and modify the ramdisk accordingly so you can finally boot and use your fresh FS.
What L2/cache OC setting should I use ?
This setting will overclock bus speed and RAM so it's a bit delicate to tweak, yet it can give a nice "free" global performance boost. A simple test to check for stability is to run the camera app 3 or 4 times in a row while waiting for 10 seconds between each launch. If your devices freezes, it's unstable ! It's also the only setting you can't change on the fly once booted, either from Synapse or sysfs, and requiring a reflash (using Aroma or changing the value in /sdcard/glitch-settings.conf).
Let me give you some details about the available settings so you can choose wisely :
Stock (1.13GHz-4.26GBps) is the regular, out of the box, non OC setting.
Improved (1.19GHz-4.26GBps) is the same as "ElementalX" setting in Flar2's kernel.
Balanced (1.22GHz-4.66GBps) is the same as "Ultra" setting in Flar2's kernel.
Fast (1.35GHz-4.66GBps) is a nice jump over "Balanced", yet stable for most devices. A kind of sweet spot.
Extreme (1.43GHz-4.80GBps) is were most users will start to get issues. Provides a great boost if stable.
Glitchy (1.49GHz-4.80GBps) pushes your hardware to the limits. Will be unstable for most devices.
Glitch Kernel for the MeMOPAD 10 FHD LTE - ME302KL
Tk-Glitch, Google, animania260, CyanogenMod, TeamDouche, flar2, Faux123, franciscofranco, Showp1984, Team-Hydra, sixstringsg, Poondog, ZeroInfinity, Fluxi, arter97, neobuddy89, alesaiko, 228aye, AndreiLux, amarullz ,followmsi, and all my community
Source Code: https://github.com/yatto/DUMA_GLITCH_AOSP
Kernel Special Features: CPU OC/UV 2.3 GHz, GPU OC/UV 627MHz, FauxSound, S2W/S2S/DT2W, Bus speed OC
Last Update 2017-09-15