FORUMS

Lenovo Golden Warrior A8 (A806) root

486 posts
Thanks Meter: 86

By limestar, Senior Member on 26th August 2014, 08:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

This phone is brand new and is the WCDMA version of the Golden Warrior. Best value 4G and spec available in mu opinion.

I had the phone delivered to the UK today from China.

I can't for my life root the phone using any method. I also tried to flash the TWRP from china but no luck. Just goes to the original recovery.

It doesn't come with Gapps which is what I am trying to load.

Anyone can help to translate a rooting/recovery from this forum please? http://bbs.lenovo.com/a8
26th August 2014, 08:27 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Actually I managed to flash the recovery and can now root :P
27th August 2014, 12:08 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
try flash
27th August 2014, 01:34 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vian11

try flash

I did. If found the SP flash tool and a tutorial on how to flash the chinese recovery. Worked perfectly. I am now rooted and loaded up Gapps.
27th August 2014, 07:37 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by limestar

I did. If found the SP flash tool and a tutorial on how to flash the chinese recovery. Worked perfectly. I am now rooted and loaded up Gapps.

can you please link me to the tutorial? im planning on buying this phone too. its very surprising for me that it doesnt come with google apps (do you mean google play - google store - by that?) i though that every android phone comes with this application.
28th August 2014, 10:51 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudanze

can you please link me to the tutorial? im planning on buying this phone too. its very surprising for me that it doesnt come with google apps (do you mean google play - google store - by that?) i though that every android phone comes with this application.

I used the tutorial in here http://bbs.lenovo.com/a8/t402705/?pi...163#pid8512163

You have to flash the recovery twice in a row. There is root and gapps in the same forum.

You need to use Google Translate if you can't read chinese.
29th August 2014, 11:33 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by limestar

I used the tutorial in here http://bbs.lenovo.com/a8/t402705/?pi...163#pid8512163

You have to flash the recovery twice in a row. There is root and gapps in the same forum.

You need to use Google Translate if you can't read chinese.

Can you upload the files and send us the links?
The files I am downloading from the Chinese website are corrupted.
(also if possible to give guide on the chinese TWRP, and what to do with it).

Also it will be very helpful if you could send the exact URL to the Root guide
and the exact URL for the how to install gapps guide.

Thank you.
29th August 2014, 06:47 PM |#8  

More
I'll be needing this in a few weeks, I ordered one yesterday. Coming from an iPhone too, so it'll be a bit different for me, I wanted a cheap powerful 4G/LTE handset and this seemed to fit the bill quite well.
1st September 2014, 10:39 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 165

More
the phone ain't really that great, my piece has at least one dead pixel, shiny slippery back is just horrible (waiting to buy as soon as possible some replacement), headphones output is just horrible with constant noise/hiss not possible to listen unless you are deaf (compared to zero noise in TCL S950), brightness of display is quite weak (again compared to TCL S950) and let's not forget heavily customized Androd 4.4.2 with tons of crappy Lenovo software (unlike Coolpad F1 which has AOSP Kit Kat), but at least after root you can disable the evil Lenovo app Security which will try to make you commit suicide (btw. don't upgrade it, unless you speak Chinese, since Lenovo engineers are so amazing they can't even provide English from within the update and let's not forget horrid English localization in general and missing any other languages than Chinese and English)

here I wrote review of my new Lenovo A8 aka A806 (WCDMA/FDD-LTE) Golden Warrior bought for 111EUR (shame there is nothing available in better body with normal sound even if I would be willing to pay 20-30% extra for design and better sound) and tutorial HOW TO ROOT LENOVO A806/A8 it with links provided (I am using URL shortener service since XDA won't allow me to link my own tutorial because apparently I am spammer when I wanna help other people):
dwz DOT cn/la806root

Oh, yeah and thank you so much XDA for using Recaptcha which is blocked in China, it makes posting anything useful soo much easier from within China.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeterMarkoff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PeterMarkoff Ad-Free
1st September 2014, 12:31 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 165

More
I reuploaded mtk fladh tool + twrp recovery with img and scatter file to bunch of international mirrors, link to them is in my review and howto root tutorial on my blog linked in my post above. Whole ZIP package is misding only USB driver which is not rrally necessary and its on plenty of websites to dpwnload.
The Following User Says Thank You to PeterMarkoff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PeterMarkoff Ad-Free
1st September 2014, 10:42 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMarkoff

I reuploaded mtk fladh tool + twrp recovery with img and scatter file to bunch of international mirrors, link to them is in my review and howto root tutorial on my blog linked in my post above. Whole ZIP package is misding only USB driver which is not rrally necessary and its on plenty of websites to dpwnload.

Thank you PeterMarkoff !!

Can you explain me in stage 1: what is "+ choose MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin"? I didn't understand what it is and I didn't see this file anywhere else.

Thanks again
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)