Lenovo Tab a10-30 bricked or fixable?

Search This thread

Zwartoog

Jun 16, 2012
the link works, but with those rom I can not flash. I need a rom to update directly on the tablet.
The tablet is not connected to the computer.

As far as I know, you cannot do that. The files listed here are versions to flash the tablet completely, which is different from a ROM update. If you bricked your tablet, you need to follow the steps given in this thread.

Mark35

Jul 29, 2016
Just as an aside mine was the F (wifi only) version. It works fine with the TB2-X30L_S024_151118_ROW_PC, but shows on the about device screen as an L version.

There are a few phone related apps on (Contacts, Messaging etc.) so I just disabled those. I have since downloaded TB2-X30F_S000015_160115_ROW_QPST from the Russian Lenovo site - I will try that the next time I break it :)

Has anyone managed to root this tab and have SuperSU as the superuser app? Because it was trying to replace the chinese superuser that ballsed mine up.

Last edited:

george343

Sep 6, 2009
Huge breakthrough
I now have a unrootet, unbricked and stable unit again!

First i followed this guide:
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YxnBnMMx7Xg/VnaiVim76VI/AAAAAAAAURo/pz5IiaVdlcQ/s320/qfil.jpg
But insted of this:
9. Now, enter your Lenovo Vibe P1 into recovery mode. you can do it by :
Press the Volume Up button and keep holding it while connecting it to the computer/laptop using USB cable.
Lenovo Vibe P1 will vibrate one time, and you will see black screen.

Sorry to bring this up after 5 months, but I'm kinda stuck too. The link you give is an image, maybe a stupid question but where is the guide you mention?

Nabeel1234

Nov 26, 2016
Sorry to bring this up after 5 months, but I'm kinda stuck too. The link you give is an image, maybe a stupid question but where is the guide you mention?

It is earlier in the thread. I am having the exact same problem and am in the process of trying to get my head round this. How do I access the SD-card directory on the tablet according to the guide? and where do I get qsb - firmware file.
Sorry to necro the thread, just really desperate

xtrapas

Apr 22, 2016
after i had updated some stuff i was in the dreaded boot....wait....

after many hours of hunting through the web and doing many tryouts... this is (at least from my view) the easiest:

goo DOT gl/ptwTAV
shorturl, leading to lenovo-ru forum with clicky for stockroom for the x30F. they also have the files for x30L or whatever you have in various versions^^

there you can login using google+ to download that file. it has the stockrom+tools needed to flash it.
download, extract

i also found a working recovery-image. what i did was simply overwriting the recovery.img found in the extracted archive . i uploaded it because i lost track from where i got what image, and most where very buggy.

alturl Dot com/nt2eo
shorturl,leading to zippyshare
<--grab file, put into folder where you put the extracted stockrom from the russian site.

install/run qfil to flash it (click through it, you basically only have one option at a time, bit reading is all you need ;) )

with the recovery i was able to succesfully flash supersu from the chainfire site. got root, rebooted.. survived, playstore, luckypatcher,titanium backup.. all the yada.. rebooted.. integrated most updated... survived... works fine for now :]

i know on the official russian site is a newer stockrom... 6.0.1 but from there i was unable to root, do stuff.... be happy. so iam using the 5.1.1 works nicely, doesnt bug me that much and i can do stuff.

xposed ...so far lesser luck. i think i reflashed my 5.1.1 about 6 times in the night :->
so iam happy i got superuser and most of my stuff working

i remember flashfire didnt work, but didnt mess me up, maybe thats working now, too

enjoy :->

edit: xposed now runs fine,too

problem was the SELINUX thingy in enforced mode. you need to get it to PERMISSIVE. i dont find the exact page anymore, but there is somewhere in here something called "permission changer".. that you dont want. there is one init-d. thing, that you want.. but not as init-d thing. there is a "doesnt need init-d to do it" that is the thing that worked for me. the init-d version should work, too but i had trouble with "universal init-d enabler" or^so, it only closed without a message. installed an "init-d toggler" that supposedly works, but the selinux thingy doesnt needs that. you should be fine with either approach (except the app permission changer approach, because its not "early enough" in the boot process )

^^

Last edited:

14BFF

Feb 13, 2011
SUPER! Succes here as well! The trick was indeed to hold both vol UP and DOWN

Now: brand-new unrooted device :D

Btw: I noticed that the rom from Andersbp is a TB2-X30L rather than the TB2-X30F. I used my F file (paid for it, dammit :p), and that one also works well.

I am currently checking if I can modify the stock ROM to enable root / mult-user. Any hints?

Huge breakthrough

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YxnBnMMx7Xg/VnaiVim76VI/AAAAAAAAURo/pz5IiaVdlcQ/s320/qfil.jpg
But insted of this:
Press the Volume Up button and keep holding it while connecting it to the computer/laptop using USB cable.

You need to hold in VOLUME UP AND VOLUME DOWN AND POWER button at same time. Until you see

qfil.jpg

Now you can continue with the guide, and use QFIL.

I used this firmware: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9affStJ4JQ1U3JXUTZFTDJ6NU0
Extract the rar file. Inside you will find the files needed in QFIL.

Hope this helps you guys :)

Thanks for this - managed to brick my tab 2 trying to root it. I am now up and running again.:)

Sorry to bring up this topic again
but I've extracted the rar file but I couldn't find any qsb file to put it in the sdcard !
would you please explain which files you have put in the sdcard ?

FischFresse

Jan 25, 2015
My tab also got stuck while booting...thanks to this thread i was able to fix it.

in the googe drive link are also the files from needrom included, so there is no need to sign up.
i was wondering what to do with the sdfuse stuff in the tutorial, i just left it out and it works fine.

thanks!

unecc

Dec 2, 2012
I ve the some problem. How can access to recovery for wiping?

When I press the power button + volume down button, it gets me to a Chinese menu that is not the recovery mode (there is no MMC, just options about voloume, colors, mic test etc). If I press the volume up+ volume down + power button, it just brightens the screen and shows nothing.

Andersbp

Jun 15, 2016
I ve the some problem. How can access to recovery for wiping?

When I press the power button + volume down button, it gets me to a Chinese menu that is not the recovery mode (there is no MMC, just options about voloume, colors, mic test etc). If I press the volume up+ volume down + power button, it just brightens the screen and shows nothing.

After screen brightens Open qfil on The pc and follow The guide i postet

Ashwinrg

Feb 23, 2015
Mumbai
Hey Guys, If your Qualcomm devices is hard bricked no recovery, no fastboot or not booting by any ways. Only detects in your PC as a QH-USB QDLoader 9008 port then you can unbrick them by using ZTE tool studio emmc tool which is posted on Androidbrick.com by the name of Androidbrick tool.

You can download it on torforum.org

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Huge breakthrough

But insted of this:

You need to hold in VOLUME UP AND VOLUME DOWN AND POWER button at same time. Until you see

qfil.jpg

Now you can continue with the guide, and use QFIL.

I used this firmware: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9affStJ4JQ1U3JXUTZFTDJ6NU0
    Extract the rar file. Inside you will find the files needed in QFIL.

Hope this helps you guys :)
    So, I have spent about 5 hours attempting to find a way to dump the firmware without first rooting the device, so that I could share it with you guys (and have a backup for myself in case I attempt to root it myself.) Unfortunately it seems like it needs to be rooted before I can create a nandroid backup through adb. Unfortunately the tablet is not based on mtk, and I cannot find any qualcomm utils that can dump the firmware.

The one Qualcomm util I found (QFIL) seems like it is only for flashing, and for backing up some individual data for the tablet (I assume it may contain such as license keys for the commercial features in the recent phones such as Sony Xperia Z3). I also looked into fastboot, and that too can only flash a new firmware.

So, unless the tablet gets rooted I don't see any way to make a proper backup.

I am unable to post links in messages, so you need to do some manual editing.
    TLDR; we are looking for TB2-X30F_USR_S000015_1601151950_Q8009_ROW_qpst.zip :)
    This however seems like very valuable information, unfortunately the only places I can find that has this available for download is charging money for access to the file.
    50$ at dlgsm,com www DOT dlgsm DOT com/register.php?file=TB2-X30F_USR_S000015_1601151950_Q8009_ROW_qpst.zip&dir=%2FFLASH-FILES%2FLENOVO%2FT_Series%2FTB2-X30F

or from 10$ at pars-hamrah,com: www DOT pars-hamrah DOT com/%D8%A7%D8%AE%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%B1-%D9%85%D8%B1%DA%A9%D8%B2-%D8%AF%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%84%D9%88%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D8%AE%D8%AA%D8%B5%D8%A7%D8%B5%DB%8C-%D9%BE%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%B3-%D9%87%D9%85%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%87/38027-%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%85-%D8%A7%D9%88%D8%B1%D8%AC%DB%8C%D9%86%D8%A7%D9%84-%D9%84%D9%86%D9%88%D9%88-lenovo-tb2-x30f-%D9%86%D8%B3%D8%AE%D9%87-s000015-%D8%A7%D9%86%D8%AF%D8%B1%D9%88%DB%8C%D8%AF-5-1-1-%D8%AF%D8%B1-%D9%85%D8%B1%DA%A9%D8%B2-%D8%AF%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%84%D9%88%D8%AF-%D9%82%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%B1-%DA%AF%D8%B1%D9%81%D8%AA.html"]Here[/URL]

It might also be available www DOT fars-gsm DOT com/75531-tb2-x30f_usr_s000015_1601151950_q8009_row_qpst-zip.html, at least they list the changelog for the firmware.

Since I have no use for a firmware right now, I will not be buying access to one (unless I at some point manage to brick mine as well). But if anyone decides to do so, please share it so others can enjoy it as well. I also suspect that if the file was available, it would increase the probability of someone attempting to make a custom rom at some point as well, it is a very cheap tablet when on sale, so it should have good potential for a community.

PS: I also stumbled over something called vRoot, that might be an alternative to Kingroot, although I have no idea whether it is as good at rooting and not installing unwanted extra apps. I guess someone who has used it on a tablet/phone that has a backup available might be able to shed some light on that.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

If I press the volume up+ volume down + power button, it just brightens the screen and shows nothing.
    This is the QFIL (Qualcomm Flash something system) mode, however I do now know whether that helps anything at all. Since it seems to me it probably wont accept the TB2-X30F_USR_S000015_1601151950_Q8009_ROW_qpst.zip file mentioned in the thread. It seems to expect some xml file, maybe the zip file contains that?
    I think the TB2-X30L is the LTE version of the tablet, while the TB2-X30F is the wifi-only version. If correct, then there should be no problem
    when using the LTE on a non-LTE model, but the other way around could potentially cause LTE to not work. The LTE firmware might have some
    extra apps and settings enabled to cater to this ability, but it might also be completely identical. Btw, what does the model information say
    after being flashed with the L firmware? In any case it is useful to know that they are cross-compatible, since sometimes there can be differences
    in chipsets or screens that can cause minor or major problems.

As I mentioned earlier, another root alternative to kingroot seems to be vRoot, but I have not tried it myself. But now that it is possible to
    recover a bricked tablet, it is also less risky to test such things.

BTW: Please remember to use the "Thanks!" button on posts you find helpful, I have tried to do so myself on the posts that I find helpful :)
    [PUT ROM TEMPORARILY HERE: https://www.wetransfer.com/download...024ee2974a44f8aa50e3dcd120160615184237/a84735 ]

Wow, suddenly action! With the help of Dead2 and Andersbp I have made some progress. Here are my steps:

I purchased the ROM from the Iranian site, and downloaded the other from the Russian forum. So now I have 2 ROMs:
    65M TB2-X30F_S000015_160115_ROW_TO_TB2-X30F_S000016_160602_ROW_WCA72E4AB5.zip (Russian)
    1.1G TB2-X30F_USR_S000015_1601151950_Q8009_ROW_qpst.zip (Iranian)

The smaller one is simply an update, which you could install easily:
    1) boot into Recovery Mode
    2) select "Apply Update from ADB"
    3) run: adb sideload TB2-X30F_S000015_160115_ROW_TO_TB2-X30F_S000016_160602_ROW_WCA72E4AB5.zip
    Which works... UNLESS YOU ROOTED THE DEVICE. Then it fails, and does not want to update. Thanks Lenovo :(

So, the larger one is a different type of ROM. This one will not load with adb sideload (gives footprint and signature error). But it DOES contain all the files to flash with QFIL (Qualcomm Flash something system).

Here I'm stuck. I followed this guide:
    http://guidebelajar.blogspot.nl/2016/03/guide-how-to-flash-firmware-lenovo-vibe-p1.html
    and tried to install these packages:
    1) You must download and install USB Driver for Lenovo on your windows computer or PC.
    2) QPST-2.7.422-qfil-qcom-Upgrade-Tool-20140422
    3) Download Qualcomm HSUSB USB COM Drivers
    (Note that you need to register and log in to needrom.com FIRST. Then click the link, but it will give an access error. Remove all in the URL after needrom.com (so go back to the main site), then go back to the download link, and it will work - the file is there.)

1) and 2) install pretty fine, but 3) is just a zip with a lot of drivers, no installer. I have no clue on how to install the proper driver...

Furthermore, the site suggests to install something on the device itself:
    5) Create a folder with the name sdfuse in the root of the SD-card phone
    6) Put the qsb-firmware (file with the extension .qsb) in the folder sdfuse.

Here I have 2 problems: First, my device does not boot, so I cannot create/copy files. Seconly: I cannot find qsb-firmware.qsb anywhere...

@ Dead2: How did you go through these steps?
    Another one here :( But I'am able to go into recovery and into adb sideload, from there I can view internal memory(/system). And it looks like system is trying to load supersu-daemon which was removed and it can't get past that. I tried to recover paths (to original ones), but it still wont go past loading screen. (it is just restarting the app_process32).

Now if we only could get the hold on original factory firmware... from there one we can sideload it via fastboot.

And for the drivers you need andorid usb drivers https://developer.android.com/studio/run/win-usb.html#top

TLDR; we are looking for TB2-X30F_USR_S000015_1601151950_Q8009_ROW_qpst.zip :)