NO

2 Vote(s)
16.67%

Lenovo Vibe S1 TWRP + Root

629 posts
Thanks Meter: 65

By alwynjoshy, Senior Member on 18th July 2017, 04:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi hear i am going to share how to root Vibe s1 Marshmallow With custom Recovery TWRP
Requirements
1) SP Flash Tools 5.1524.00 – https://spflashtool.com/download/SP_...524.00.000.zip
2) LenovoVibe S1 Drivers & Mediatek USB VCOM Drivers – Drivers
3) Lenovo_Vibe_S1_TWRP-3.0.2.3-M_by_SevenMaxs.zip +
SuperSu TWRP-3.0.2.3-M_by_SevenMaxs.zip +
SuperSu

Instructions
Keep your device battery charged above 50%
Enable USB Debugging on your device.
Go to > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
If Developer Options is not located under settings then enable it by going to Settings > About Phone > Device Info and tap on Build Number for about 7-8 times. And then go back and follow the previous step.
Step 1: Install the Lenovo Vibe S1 Driver & Mediatek Driver ( first go to smartphone driver and install "dpinst.exe" then install Usb VCOM driver. to do that please refer google to how to do it in your current OS

Step 2: Extract SP Flash Tools on your desktop

Step 3: Extract TWRP folder on your desktop

Step 4: Open flash_tool.exe from the SP Flash Tools folder and clock Scatter-loading and then browse the TWRP folder and select the MT6752_Android_scatter.txt

Step 5: In the Flash Tool Window Press CTRL + SHIFT + O a new options window will open. Click download and then tick USB Checksum and close the window

Step 6: Now click the download button

Step 7: Switch off your Lenovo Vibe S1 and then connect it using the USB to the computer/laptop

Step 8: You will get the Download Complete window within a moment
9) Remove the cable and press volume up and down + powerkey together and wait for the the lenovo logo or vibrate, it will go to twrp if you see black scree please wait for 2 mintues after twrp come copy the "UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46" file to the phone and flash it

Note: Custom Recovery of SevenMaxs is the current updated recovery available but when you try to Wipe (dalvik,cache,system,data,etc) it will take more time ,you have to wait it to complete other than this no other issue

All the above are taken from different resources so if you find any difficulty ask to known experts.
Thanks to @techolite.com , @supersayan1000
Attached Files
File Type: zip MTK USB VCOM Driver.zip - [Click for QR Code] (17.59 MB, 4236 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alwynjoshy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alwynjoshy Ad-Free
15th August 2017, 03:34 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can't actually boot up after following steps provided
Hi, thanks for your hard work for making a post related to root for Lenovo Vibe S1 root. Currently I was following the steps,until the last step, my phone was in the dark screen and nothing came out after waiting 2 minutes. May I know if there is any solution to solve this problem?
18th August 2017, 08:55 PM |#3  

More
I know how to solve this
22nd August 2017, 01:56 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
bricked my phone
had to flash with stock rom after following instructions. beware.
22nd August 2017, 12:19 PM |#5  

More
The same problem
25th October 2017, 07:53 PM |#6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by smpmfx2s96

Hi, thanks for your hard work for making a post related to root for Lenovo Vibe S1 root. Currently I was following the steps,until the last step, my phone was in the dark screen and nothing came out after waiting 2 minutes. May I know if there is any solution to solve this problem?

Do remember this twrp recovery will only work on Android 6.0

Twrp takes takes about 1-2 minutes to boot up as it has to time out the screen once to turn on the display(bug in twrp) in that time don't press anything or tap on the screen or the timeout will reset, after waiting for 1 minute(screen time out time) press power key and it should show the twrp recovery

and yeah after flashing twrp, please flash SuperSu or Magisk or you'll face bootloop
13th November 2017, 04:10 PM |#7  

More
I complete all step, but my Android Phone is vibrate every 1 mint,So How to Solve this Problem?
10th February 2018, 12:37 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravindappu000

I complete all step, but my Android Phone is vibrate every 1 mint,So How to Solve this Problem?

i have the same problem
28th February 2018, 08:33 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Brick FIXED by Checking both USB Checksum and Storage Checksum Thanks for advice
The Following User Says Thank You to ivoriez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ivoriez Ad-Free
7th March 2018, 09:01 AM |#10  

More
wrking
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivoriez

Brick FIXED by Checking both USB Checksum and Storage Checksum Thanks for advice

thanks ... it worked fr me as well

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersayan1000

Do remember this twrp recovery will only work on Android 6.0

Twrp takes takes about 1-2 minutes to boot up as it has to time out the screen once to turn on the display(bug in twrp) in that time don't press anything or tap on the screen or the timeout will reset, after waiting for 1 minute(screen time out time) press power key and it should show the twrp recovery

and yeah after flashing twrp, please flash SuperSu or Magisk or you'll face bootloop

I have rooted my s1a40 by the above method and flashed superuser also. now I am looking for a custom rom for my device which may upgrade it to latest android version along with VoLTE support. Can
I get any help.
5th May 2018, 10:45 AM |#11  

More
Pressing of power + volume up +volume down is making a small vibration but nothing in the display.. please provide a solution.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root vibe s1, vibe s1 twrp for marshmallow

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)