FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LG Stylo 4 - LMQ710MS Flashing patched boot.img with locked bootloader possible?

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By tatsunn, Junior Member on 30th January 2019, 05:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I just have a quick question that I was hoping someone may be able to help me out with.
So, I was forced to switch to Metro PCS after my original phone was stolen, and I stupidly did not think to research about whether I could root the LG Stylo 4 prior to getting it. I have been a fan of the LG G series of phones for awhile so went ahead and got the LG Stylo 4 only to find out after the fact that LG has locked out the boot loader and is not allowing unlocks on it for the foreseeable future.
This really ticks me off, since this is my phone and I should be able to do what I want with it. I digress....

Anyways, of course I have tried everything just to get root, and that inlcudes KingoRoot, KingRoot, One Click Root etc....., I really dont care about installing a custom recovery or rom on the phone, I just want to have root access on it.

So, my question is, is it at all possible to flash a patched boot.img top the phone to unlock the bootloader? The reason I ask is after doing some research I came across a post that had a boot.img file that was patched from a Stylo 4 with an unlocked bootloader. I dont really know what can be done with boot.img file since as far as I know you need the unlock.bin file directly from LG to unlock it. I just wanted to see if anyone could clarify for me.

I doubt there is, but is there any way at all to get root on this phone without the bootloader being unlocked?

BTW- Here is the post where I found the flashed boot.img, I know its for Sprint but would it matter if my phone is carrier unlocked already?

http://androidbiits.com/root-sprint-...q710al-easily/

28th February 2019, 01:18 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I unlocked developer options on my phone and was able to OEM unlock it through there. I have the boost mobile lg stylo 4
2nd March 2019, 10:10 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Panda420

I unlocked developer options on my phone and was able to OEM unlock it through there. I have the boost mobile lg stylo 4

through where I donbt understand how can you oem unlock it if the process explained in that link asks you to unlock oem b4 flashing doesn't make SENSE

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_panda420

i unlocked developer options on my phone and was able to oem unlock it through there. I have the boost mobile lg stylo 4

so where lis the moded lgup for the boost or any phone
3rd April 2019, 04:36 AM |#4  

More
Hmmm......
Has anyone tried this yet? I was about to ask the same question then i seen your post. As I onky have 1 phone I don't want to risk it.
17th April 2019, 09:03 AM |#5  

More
How do I root my LM- Q710 MS ???
please HELP
3rd May 2019, 06:22 AM |#6  
Flag san pedro sula
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsbrains465

through where I donbt understand how can you oem unlock it if the process explained in that link asks you to unlock oem b4 flashing doesn't make SENSE

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

so where lis the moded lgup for the boost or any phone

FIRST install from web o anywhere LGUP 1.14
replace on program/LGE /LGUP whith atachments LgUp
ready can DUMP , Flash q710la o other
Attached Files
File Type: 7z LGUP.7z - [Click for QR Code] (1.89 MB, 516 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg-stylo-4

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)