LG Tribute HD (LS 676) root?

Search This thread

Android_JT

Nov 11, 2014
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone was working on root access for the popular Black Friday LG Tribute HD phone? It was $20 dollars and must've sold like hotcakes!

Apparently, it also supports some GSM bands like it's fellow low cost predecessor LG Tribute 5 which can be SIM unlock with a build.prop edit.

Jsperid

Dec 1, 2016
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone was working on root access for the popular Black Friday LG Tribute HD phone? It was $20 dollars and must've sold like hotcakes!

Apparently, it also supports some GSM bands like it's fellow low cost predecessor LG Tribute 5 which can be SIM unlock with a build.prop edit.

I am wondering the same, will there be any development for this type of phone?
How much would it cost for someone to do development work for the phone, I would be willing to donate some.

mrhoque

Feb 6, 2015
I did a system dump this morning and I am working on it as we speak =) The hardest problem I am facing is determining which partition recovery is stock. What is the closest phone to this, anybody know?

lg x style

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

I am also waiting for root. Nice phone but useless without root.

Reactions: madaone1

Sands207

Oct 13, 2014
Maine
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
I've tried 5+ different exploits and nothing seems to work. I wish LG would add this phone as one of the unlockable ones on their developer website

I do too. Even the xda app detects this phone as LG X style I have the backup from earlier I wish I knew to at least gain temp root long enough to push busybox and extract either recovery.img or boot.img at least then maybe we could bump unlock the recovery for permanent root...Should I upload the system backup so at least we have that? That way people can try what ever they can with the files for future use since LG is silent and we are not very organized yet but I have a dev machine at the ready if we can achieve root :) pm me if you are interested in the files :good:

Sands207

Oct 13, 2014
Maine
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
Android Recovery

Ok, so just wanted to update. This morning I decided to take a similar course that we took to unlock the LG Volt... Baby steps :eek: Making sure you have adb+fastboot installed (pdaNET does this for you on install) open a folder of your choice (WINDOWS) and right click and select open A command line here and with my phone plugged in booted to normal android and enter
Code:
adb devices
and then hit enter and once your phone is recognized by adb enter
Code:
adb reboot recovery
At that point you will see a dead android on the screen don't worry! Just unplug your phone and then and I mean briefly press volume down and let go quickly and you will be greeted by android recovery. Now that we can see stock recovery we are heading in the right direction!!

Attachments

• LGTributeRecovery_K6B_spr_us.jpg
    LGTributeRecovery_K6B_spr_us.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 2,638
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    49.7 KB · Views: 2,595

itisdieter

Nov 16, 2015
Ok, so just wanted to update. This morning I decided to take a similar course that we took to unlock the LG Volt... Baby steps :eek: Making sure you have adb+fastboot installed (pdaNET does this for you on install) open a folder of your choice (WINDOWS) and right click and select open A command line here and with my phone plugged in booted to normal android and enter
Code:
adb devices
and then hit enter and once your phone is recognized by adb enter
Code:
adb reboot recovery
At that point you will see a dead android on the screen don't worry! Just unplug your phone and then and I mean briefly press volume down and let go quickly and you will be greeted by android recovery. Now that we can see stock recovery we are heading in the right direction!!

Thanks for that tip, I got the dead android,l freaked, and the device rebooted.

We appreciate your help!

Reactions: Sands207

Sands207

Oct 13, 2014
Maine
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
As far as fastboot goes which we NEED too guys to issue the fastboot unlock command.. the obstacle im seeing is we need a way to zero out the current Laf partition which right now is download mode and if it can be zeroed we can finally access fastboot because download mode is placed there by LG to make this harder for us. Adb is recognized but the fastboot reboot command just spits me back into android. And I need to be root to zero AND finally pull the recovery because I think we might be able to use the twrp build for the Style X.. because it's the dd command being used here even if it's a temp root lol would make all the difference. I haven't had an LG phone in a few years so I'm kind of stumped. Put the word out we might need a root bounty ??? :) :) :)

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA
As far as fastboot goes which we NEED too guys to issue the fastboot unlock command.. the obstacle im seeing is we need a way to zero out the current Laf partition which right now is download mode and if it can be zeroed we can finally access fastboot because download mode is placed there by LG to make this harder for us. Adb is recognized but the fastboot reboot command just spits me back into android. And I need to be root to zero AND finally pull the recovery because I think we might be able to use the twrp build for the Style X.. because it's the dd command being used here even if it's a temp root lol would make all the difference. I haven't had an LG phone in a few years so I'm kind of stumped. Put the word out we might need a root bounty ??? :) :) :)

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

LG doesnt typically provide access to fastboot (not without wiping laf that is), even then fastboot oem unlock is not generally supported

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys!
    I've been silent the last few days, trying to help us get somewhat organized and setting up a third devoted build environment in my house :D My plan is to lay out step by step the processes for our phone for new people to learn and understand. I have a few things in the works but this is just a basic timeline so before you bash me for putting the cart before the horse,understand one thing: The best ROM's,kernels,root and other stuff come from teams that are devoted to the cause. It can be a frustrating process in the beginning but we are facing hurdles,they are just speed bumps and before you know it we will be smiling at our phones instead of wanting to break them :D:D:D

Here is my basic timeline for the next week or so provided my hard drives keep their end of the deal:silly:

#Build Permisive kernel and custom and insecure boot.img from source for LS676 it will be a chameleon ROM that should detect carrier like boost.virgin and pull appropriate apps for each etc on setup since the source is a non carrier branded build, just like the LG Volt and most others today.
    #Build New stock rom with seamless root from there-possibly signed and establish workable kenel sources for new builds with SElinux disabled initially? dunno on this one but I'm gonna do it anyway.
    #Build TWRP from scratch from our recovery.img in order to flash CF supersu even if only in fastboot boot mode til fastboot or.laf zeroing option is dicovered and perfected.
    #Continue working on native bootloader unlock method + root with xda community
    *near future*
    #./Build first 6.0.1 + 7.0 and 7.1 AOSP and Cyanogen,RR,and Omni alphas over the course of the next few weeks.
    #./Drink lots of coffee and take lots of logs
    #./help those who provide logs and show new people how to build from source

Try to help establish a list of what methods do not work for this phone. How many people where happy scouring the internet when they got this new phone only to discover that kingo,kingroot,dirtycow didn't work? Kind of wish someone had told you it didn't work huh?

What key presses do what? Oh up and power does xyz? Post it here and we can add it to a shortcut list :D Trust me, it will feel better when we are less confused and more confident about this phone.

In conclusion,
    I set up a github branch for our device https://github.com/sandsmaine/LGELS676 It's empty now but that will soon change.

My Android File host is here https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=profile&uid=601307472480698470 Again, it's bare until I'm done building and I'll upload stuff to github first and then android file host and I have a google drive account too if all else fails.

I use a combination of BBQLinux&Ubuntu&Windows 10 with Cgywin to compile,build and make ROMs and Kernels. http://bbqlinux.org/(I am going to attach a few screenshots. Everything to build android is all ready for you on install as well as TONS of command line utilities, which is where most of my time is spent.:D

I set up a LG Tribute HD All Things Root facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Lgtributehdallthingsroot/ so we can connect on social media,get to know each other and compare notes and post new updates and releases. I did this for the LG Volt and Moto E directing traffic back into the forums and development went skyward and major progress was made soon after :good:

The easiest way to reach me is through here on a pm (I check them at the end of the day usually before I leave for work at 9 pm) OR through Instagram https://www.instagram.com/sandsoftimesnewroman_sb/ Where you can follow my daily debauchary :)

I want to help in any way I can, but we will also need testers. This means if you use your phone for work and you have no way of replacing it and may possibly have no backup BUY A SECOND PHONE If we warned you and you end up with a paper weight SORRY Please don't say we didn't warn you :cool:

I know I'm forgetting somethings probably, but just take into account that we are starting literally from scratch so my initial builds may take sometime to iron out kinks bugs and other annoyances so PLEASE don't ask me for ETA's and if you have a request don't keep posting it over and over if you want it added, send me a PM and I'll do my best to add it. Learn how to take logs, there are a few helpful apps on the play store as well to assist you in this but it is crucial that we have logs, without them I CANNOT HELP YOU :crying:

So there is my plan, I look forward to the road ahead and working more with you guys and make sure to thank others for the efforts and TIME this takes. THANK YOU to those already putting time into getting this phone rooted and helping us find a way in to our estranged fastboot.

Have a great day everyone,let's get it done! Oh and if you know devs that would rock this phone, point them our way :D

Here's a few screenshots of Bbqlinux, I encourage you to give it a spin.

-Sands207
    Hi,

I've tried 5+ different exploits and nothing seems to work. I wish LG would add this phone as one of the unlockable ones on their developer website

I do too. Even the xda app detects this phone as LG X style I have the backup from earlier I wish I knew to at least gain temp root long enough to push busybox and extract either recovery.img or boot.img at least then maybe we could bump unlock the recovery for permanent root...Should I upload the system backup so at least we have that? That way people can try what ever they can with the files for future use since LG is silent and we are not very organized yet but I have a dev machine at the ready if we can achieve root :) pm me if you are interested in the files :good:
    i am working with the senior dev of the K10 who just overnight cracked the bootloader and unlocked their bootloader and have been troubleshooting with for over a week. I'm chipping away at it as i find time but i can't say anymore as im not hear to hear others say im chasing unicorns because im NOT. Our issue is we need aboot and laf aka download mode zeroed out to access fastboot... which is the long of the short of it. The short vision which is what im working at with help is patching both init and selinux to grab a true temp root so we can a. extract and zero aboot and get a look at our partition mapping and b. extract laf and zero it so we can finally access fastboot which we DO have. After bootloader unlock via fastboot normal root methods aka one clicks and kingroot supersu etc SHOULD work and we also had another xda member step up and offer me help with twrp should we overcome said hurdles. For me this has been over 3 months i was going to toss this phone in the trash but I couldn't.. This phone has potential and im seeing this through, instead of hating on me maybe some of you more experienced members could contact me to help instead of trying to shame me publicly for not knowing everything and this thread wouldn't be 10 pages long. Straight up, I NEED HELP.

Sent from my LGLS676
    I used QPST.2.7.430 initially, but I used the newer version 2.7.437 that you linked to for the screenshots and it worked just the same. Uninstall any older version of QPST before installing a newer version otherwise I found it can result in an incomplete installation

1. Install QPST and the LGMobileDriver on your PC.
    2. On the phone open the dial pad and dial ##DIAG# (##3424#), enter your MSL number in the "Service Code" field and then tap "DIAG" and select the "Enable" option.
    3. In the phone's "Settings" go to "Developer options" and under the NETWORKING sub-heading tap "Select USB Configuration" and select the "Charging only" option.
    4. Connect the phone to PC by USB cable.
    5. Open QPST Configuration by browsing to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\QPSTConfig.exe".
    6. Click on the "Add New Port" button in the lower right corner of QPST Configuration.
    7. In the Add New Port window uncheck "Show Serial and USB/QC Diagnostic ports only" on the left hand side. Of the two ports that appear select "COM*-USB/Unknown (LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port, LGLS676f13ceec0)" and click the "OK" button.
    8. Click "Start Clients" from drop down menu and choose "Software Download".
    9. In Software Download window go to the "Backup" tab and choose your destination folder and name of your QCN backup file. Choose the second option "QPST NV Memory Files (.qcn)" in as "Save as type", NOT the first option as (.xqcn).
    10. Enter your MSL number in the "SPC:" field and click on the "Start" button.