50 posts
Thanks Meter: 29

By Android_JT, Member on 1st December 2016, 04:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st May 2017, 05:00 AM |#581  
Flag Keokuk
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Lgup no uppercut(yet), ive been through uninstall/reinstall, trying to recognize the device. But if the tot is an insecure image is it rooted?

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

31st May 2017, 11:14 PM |#582  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
root?
Hey, I just got here. What is the hold up in rooting this phone? could someone give me a rundown? LG is always a problem.
1st June 2017, 02:48 AM |#583  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomatic89

Hey, I just got here. What is the hold up in rooting this phone? could someone give me a rundown? LG is always a problem.

Said hold up, in short, is a device running MM with no stock firmware and a non-unlockable bootloader. Most root exploits have been attempted, including Dirty Cow and even as lowly as KingRoot. Scroll back and read some of the thread for more info.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jrhotrod For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jrhotrod Ad-Free
1st June 2017, 06:19 AM |#584  
Flag Keokuk

More
Now hold up, I got a stock tot, the headers on the file identify it as ls676. I just haven't got it to flash due to insecure image. Which I assume is adbd insecure "cross fingers". I should have a drop box up with the files for testing soon.so we actually might have more than we think.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sickysticky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sickysticky Ad-Free
1st June 2017, 06:29 AM |#585  
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickysticky

Now hold up, I got a stock tot, the headers on the file identify it as ls676. I just haven't got it to flash due to insecure image. Which I assume is adbd insecure "cross fingers". I should have a drop box up with the files for testing soon.so we actually might have more than we think.

Nice! One step further
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jrhotrod For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jrhotrod Ad-Free
4th June 2017, 06:03 AM |#586  
Flag Keokuk

More
Ok fellas i got a drive folder with all the items i've been working with. the common folder will need to be copied to the lgup/model folder afterinstall if your going that route. i cant vouch for the origin of the tot seeing as the billing for the site was in india, but there it is basically i still havent gotten it to flash and this took me 3 days to upload...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...WowLWJ5VUZyS1U
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sickysticky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sickysticky Ad-Free
4th June 2017, 05:39 PM |#587  
Quote:

Ok fellas i got a drive folder with all the items i've been working with. the common folder will need to be copied to the lgup/model folder afterinstall if your going that route. i cant vouch for the origin of the tot seeing as the billing for the site was in india, but there it is basically i still havent gotten it to flash and this took me 3 days to upload...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...WowLWJ5VUZyS1U

How do you think we could go about making it flash? Maybe it's for a different carrier variant of the phone. Perhaps there's some way to dig inside in the tot and find out the exact model number of the intended phone, just to make sure
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jrhotrod For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jrhotrod Ad-Free
4th June 2017, 06:10 PM |#588  
Flag Keokuk

More
Ive been poking at it with a hex editor, but it can be broken into a bin file. But as far as i got was install lg driver, lgup, lgup_cy, copy/paste common file in model directory of lgup. Restart pc, begin flash.... Flash fail due to secure device but insecure image. Im currently digging into all the .dll files in the directory to see if we can use another flash tool, like odin or something else to skip the secure image lock that the sevice has. Once we get a way back to vz3 then we can poke at temp root without consequence.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sickysticky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sickysticky Ad-Free
4th June 2017, 08:07 PM |#589  
Flag Maine
Thanks Meter: 403

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ive been poking at it with a hex editor, but it can be broken into a bin file. But as far as i got was install lg driver, lgup, lgup_cy, copy/paste common file in model directory of lgup. Restart pc, begin flash.... Flash fail due to secure device but insecure image. Im currently digging into all the .dll files in the directory to see if we can use another flash tool, like odin or something else to skip the secure image lock that the sevice has. Once we get a way back to vz3 then we can poke at temp root without consequence.

does uppercut help here at all?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sands207 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sands207 Ad-Free
5th June 2017, 12:21 AM |#590  
Flag Keokuk

More
Will try to confirm, been worken non stop for a few weeks so if anyone wants to be a crash test dummy give it a shot, however im not afraid to brick my ls676. Others should proceed with caution!!!!....

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sickysticky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sickysticky Ad-Free
6th June 2017, 11:22 AM |#591  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I wouldn't mind being a test dummy I'm a complete noob as far as all this technical talk is concerned but if someone wouldn't mind walking me through it ill do it, my main concern is messing up my phone service and irreversibly bricking my phone
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IVIrZeus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IVIrZeus Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg-tribute-HD

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)