FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Logitech Revue, Stuck in setup

47 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By Raztan, Member on 3rd October 2018, 11:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey everyone, Picked up a Logitech Revue (with google TV)
This supposedly cost the company an arm and a leg and flopped, it was discontinued I think in 2012 or 2013..

Anyway ran across one at the junk store for $1 so I picked it up.
I tested it out everything seemed fine, I was running it offline.. tested some music, movies.. no problem.
Side loaded some apps but pretty much everything crashes.. My collection of APK's are drawn from ARM/MIPS

This device runs a Intel Atom so no surprise there.. anyway It had the original owners info on it so after testing I decided to start fresh.. BIG MISTAKE.

I factory reset but when it came back up it demanded to go thru setup.. no way to avoid that I can see.

First it wants net.. well ok, then it wants google login.. errr.. well ok.. then we get to step 7.. acceptance of Logitech license.
We get a error.. I know it's got net access so im assuming logitech has shuffled some things on their end and the device can no longer get a valid response.. since you can't skip setup there is no way to continue and im left with a brick

I searched google but found very little about the device.

Any information, advice, help would be appreciated.

I really just wanted to be able to surf the web, stream music/movies from local network, and maybe find some compatible emulators for games, I think this would have worked just fine for that.

5th October 2018, 01:02 AM |#2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Well no responses yet, but im not surprised, given the obscurity of the device and issue.

I did recieve a response back from Logitech support, Basicly, they admit it's a problem, there is no fix, since support ended for the device you're just S.O.L

So as a warning if you have a Logitech revue and it's working.. DO NOT EVER RESET IT.

"Please note that we can no longer complete the setup for this product once it is reset. No further update is in place for Logitech Revue as this product has been discontinued already. Admittedly, there's no fix available to get around this."

Hopefully someone where can come up with some idea's.. otherwise Im stumped.. can't find much on the net about it.. no modiffied firmwares or anything
28th October 2018, 05:03 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I am stuck on step #7 too...

What I can tell you is that it is failing on a call to discovery.logitech.com... That appears to be an IIS / .NET webservices server, it's up and running which makes me think that the endpoint that the logitech server uses has been nuked or some backend db has been shutdown which sends back an error. Can't really tell what the exact URL is as the request is HTTPS, so it doesn't show up on the http proxy.

A port scan shows the following open ports:
Open TCP Port: 5222 jabber-client
Open TCP Port: 5223
Open TCP Port: 9551
Open TCP Port: 9552
Open TCP Port: 45399

None of the ports respond to adb, however 45399 does respond with a http 400 (bad request).

Maybe if we had someone with root who could dump the firmware we could figure out something else to try... :\
11th February 2019, 02:15 PM |#4  
Flag Palm Harbor
Thanks Meter: 230

More
Bump?
I really wish I saw this before resetting my revue. It worked great for what I needed. Now it's a paperweight.
11th September 2019, 10:42 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raztan

Hey everyone, Picked up a Logitech Revue (with google TV)
This supposedly cost the company an arm and a leg and flopped, it was discontinued I think in 2012 or 2013..

Anyway ran across one at the junk store for $1 so I picked it up.
I tested it out everything seemed fine, I was running it offline.. tested some music, movies.. no problem.
Side loaded some apps but pretty much everything crashes.. My collection of APK's are drawn from ARM/MIPS

This device runs a Intel Atom so no surprise there.. anyway It had the original owners info on it so after testing I decided to start fresh.. BIG MISTAKE.

I factory reset but when it came back up it demanded to go thru setup.. no way to avoid that I can see.

First it wants net.. well ok, then it wants google login.. errr.. well ok.. then we get to step 7.. acceptance of Logitech license.
We get a error.. I know it's got net access so im assuming logitech has shuffled some things on their end and the device can no longer get a valid response.. since you can't skip setup there is no way to continue and im left with a brick

I searched google but found very little about the device.

Any information, advice, help would be appreciated.

I really just wanted to be able to surf the web, stream music/movies from local network, and maybe find some compatible emulators for games, I think this would have worked just fine for that.

You and I, have almost the same history ($1.30) I connected the Revue, triedout and working perfect, but has a Google Account off the previous owner, and I decided to make a factory reset... now see me here... like says @jsmcmahon89... i wish i saw this before making the Factory Reset,

Cheers.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)