FORUMS

[Q] Lollipop: Exchange account issues and: how to remove account from GMail?

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By GoldenEye2, Junior Member on 17th November 2014, 07:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've successfully installed the OTA lollipop rom on my Nexus 5. Now, I face issues accessing our company exchange account from the GMail app.

After my upgrade from KitKat 4.4.4, I have added the company exchange account to the GMail settings, which seemed to work ok - at least my phone was able to store the server settings w/o any issues after checking them when I pressed the finish button in the settings dialogue. However, the information dialogue about exchange being able to change settings remotely on my phone (or similar) did not pop up as it used in KitKat. In addition, I am not able to remove the Exchange account, which I wanted to do in order to restart from scratch.

Does anybody face similar issues? And: How can i remove my exchange account, which does not appear under settings - accounts btw.?

Thx in advance, G.
17th November 2014, 07:56 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 880

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEye2

I've successfully installed the OTA lollipop rom on my Nexus 5. Now, I face issues accessing our company exchange account from the GMail app.

After my upgrade from KitKat 4.4.4, I have added the company exchange account to the GMail settings, which seemed to work ok - at least my phone was able to store the server settings w/o any issues after checking them when I pressed the finish button in the settings dialogue. However, the information dialogue about exchange being able to change settings remotely on my phone (or similar) did not pop up as it used in KitKat. In addition, I am not able to remove the Exchange account, which I wanted to do in order to restart from scratch.

Does anybody face similar issues? And: How can i remove my exchange account, which does not appear under settings - accounts btw.?

Thx in advance, G.

Probably just need to remove your Google Account and re-add it to clear it from Gmail. This won't reset your data or anything. As far as getting Exchange to work in general, I'm not sure. Have never had reason to mess with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift es0tericcha0s Ad-Free
17th November 2014, 08:37 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

Probably just need to remove your Google Account and re-add it to clear it from Gmail. This won't reset your data or anything. As far as getting Exchange to work in general, I'm not sure. Have never had reason to mess with it.

Thanks a lot! Unfortunately removing the Google account did not resolve the issue - removing it did not remove the exchange account. It was still visible in the GMail app - and it was still not visible under Settings - Accounts.

G.
17th November 2014, 08:47 AM |#4  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks a lot! Unfortunately removing the Google account did not resolve the issue - removing it did not remove the exchange account. It was still visible in the GMail app - and it was still not visible under Settings - Accounts.

G.

Uninstall and reinstall Gmail then. If that doesn't work, might need to log in on the web and try and remove it from the Settings there.
17th November 2014, 03:57 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

Uninstall and reinstall Gmail then. If that doesn't work, might need to log in on the web and try and remove it from the Settings there.

Thanks, I tried to remove GMail and in order to do so rootet my Nexus 5 which led to a new Lollipop installation (which I was not aware of but which was ok). Then, I had to re-add my Google account as well as my Exchange account. I did this using the menu settings > accounts (before, I added the account from GMail directly). And guess what - after confirming the access question which hadn't popped up in my earlier setup everything works as expected .

Thanks a lot for all your help!

G.
17th November 2014, 07:01 PM |#6  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks, I tried to remove GMail and in order to do so rootet my Nexus 5 which led to a new Lollipop installation (which I was not aware of but which was ok). Then, I had to re-add my Google account as well as my Exchange account. I did this using the menu settings > accounts (before, I added the account from GMail directly). And guess what - after confirming the access question which hadn't popped up in my earlier setup everything works as expected .

Thanks a lot for all your help!

G.

Glad all is well. Enjoy your Lollipop. lol
5th February 2015, 04:38 PM |#7  

More
I was able to remove an my Exchange account from Gmail thusly:

Settings > Apps > Gmail

> Click Force Stop

> This gave me a prompt saying that I couldn’t stop Gmail because it was a Device Administrator

> Clicking ‘Remove' took me to Settings > Security > Device Administrators.

> Unchecking ‘Gmail’ both stopped the app AND removed exchange.

> You should then be able to add back the amount via the usual means.

This appears to be a security ‘feature’ intended. It would be nice if they added a little symmetry UI in the account manager and provided a fake removal menu with a how-to or a link to a help article.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)