FORUMS

Losing root after every security update

29 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By joem789, Junior Member on 17th February 2020, 04:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am having some issues with the G9 I am working with. I have root using the latest Magisk. But every time a "security update" installs and reboots the phone, I lose root. So I go back into fastboot and reflash the boot img. That solves the problem. But it is a minor nuisance I am trying to workaround. I have tried searching for days, trying to figure out how to STOP system updates. I installed a root service disabler and disabled a few different services.

I still cannot seem to figure out what service is downloading updates. I have already gone into Developer Options and disabled automatic updates. And there was an update waiting that I kept paused. Last night I got the popup reminding me about it. And it was supposed to "remind me later". But instead installed it in the middle of the night.

I could care less about opinions on whether or not to allow updates. I would just like to know what service or file I need to cripple to get it to stop. I want to decide if or when something runs on my phone. Any ideas? Android 9.
18th February 2020, 06:37 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
And you will lose root after update, it's normal

Sent from my K10 using Tapatalk
22nd March 2020, 11:38 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
If you are using a G9, not a G9 Pro, could you please link me to the stuff to root it?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
blu-g9

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)