Lost root somehow, please help me fix it.

Search This thread

drazenm

Jan 26, 2008
sorry for late reply i'm kinda busy but to make it easier on my part (downloading 5GB file would take me 5 hours) can you just upload the following ?
AP_N975FXXU1ASH5_CL16618471_QB25345699_REV01_user_ low_ship_meta_OS9.tar.md5
BL_N975FXXU1ASH5_CL16618471_QB25345699_REV01_user_ low_ship.tar.md5
CP_N975FXXU1ASH5_CP13587367_CL16618471_QB25409313_ REV01_user_low_ship.tar.md5

Will do, thank you ?

Update : just had a look at the size of the files and its probably better to download the zip file that I've sent you already as the AP file itself is 5GB size. Really appreciate that you're helping me out, im not trying anything else with my phone so i don't lose stuff and mess it up. Thanks again 69.

Last edited:

ineedroot69

Nov 13, 2019
i already have the .img partition i will be posting a thread about it on dedicated section were they belong

drazenm

Jan 26, 2008
i was editing the thread because of some typo but before i even had time to saved it a moderator deleted it for instruction inaccuracy :crying::crying::crying:

now the thread is gone thou you can download the files here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UCwqs1MxDCVGn-0yGmr_n9U2TPwIC28n?usp=sharing

This .img partition are from the N975FXXU1ASH5 firmware you posted
Thank you very much for it, i will download it when i come home. Sorry to bother you more, so, get the phone into download mode, connect it to the pc, run Odin, add these. Img file in the AP filed, what else to add and do if it's not too much to help me out 69? Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Before i explain i don't take responsibility for any damages caused on your device if you decided to follow my tutorial .

So basically there's 2 way to install Magisk

Image Patching - Basically this is what most people do they find stock boot.img and recovery.img for there devices
    1. Copy the Stock boot.img or recovery.img to your device
    2. Download and install the latest Magisk Manager
    If you are patching a recovery image, manually check “Recovery Mode” in Advanced Settings!
    Press Install → Install → Select and Patch a File, and select your stock boot or recovery image file
    Magisk Manager will patch the image, and store it in [Internal Storage]/Download/magisk_patched.img
    Now pull the magisk_patched.img with ADB:
    adb pull /sdcard/Download/magisk_patched.img
    Flash the patched boot.img or recovery.img to your device and reboot.
    For most devices, here is the fastboot command:
    fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img or
    fastboot flash recovery magisk_patched.img if you are patching a recovery image
    Now you are rooted

Custom Recovery - This is when you do not have Stock boot.img or recovery.img for your device
    ( High Chance Of Phone Getting Bricks )
    1. Download and install the latest Magisk Manager
    2. Download Magisk.zip (https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/) choose the Latest Release
    3.Now reboot to recovery (TWRP, CWM ... ETC)
    if you use stock recovery it should say "apply update via sdcard"
    then just choose Magisk.zip
    4. Now if you have TWRP just click Install and choose Magisk.zip
    5. wait for the process
    6. Now you are Rooted (hopefully xD :fingers-crossed:)
    if you have boot.img or recovery.img for your device you might not lose your stuff installing back magisk but i think you only have the whole firmware ".tar.md5" flashing thats is like factory reset for your phone

#edit i read about ".tar.md5" they say if you just extract it .It contains all stock .img file for your device such as boot.img, recovery.img , system.img ...etc

since i have too much free time can you upload the firmware ".tar.md5" of your device i will upload .boot.img and recovery.img for you
    i was editing the thread because of some typo but before i even had time to saved it a moderator deleted it for instruction inaccuracy :crying::crying::crying:

now the thread is gone thou you can download the files here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UCwqs1MxDCVGn-0yGmr_n9U2TPwIC28n?usp=sharing

This .img partition are from the N975FXXU1ASH5 firmware you posted