FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Nubia Z18 mini (NX611J) not unlocking. PLEASE HELP

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Bungee-Spider, Junior Member on 3rd October 2018, 06:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys,

I've been trying to unlock my Nubia Z18 mini (NX611J) for a while now and its not happening.
None of the guides or info I can find is helpful here.
The thing is that I ordered the phone with google play.
So it already was unlocked at one point.
The thing now is that the bootloader is locked and wont unlock.
(Of course developer options are on with usb debugging and oem unlock activated)
With fastboot oem nubia_unlock NUBIA_NX611J it should work... And on ubuntu it at least starts to work...
So in ubuntu it does unlock and the devices even says its unlocked und adds 1 to its lock count....BUT THEN...
it just freezes on the pc side with the following:

(bootloader) START update nubia fastboot unlock flag!!!

...If i then just unplug/plugin the phone again and try to flash twrp, it acts as though it would still be locked.
And running this command the cursor blinks on pc. The device unlocks like mentioned above and then the cursor on the pc stops blinking and then that was it... Nothing more ever happens it just stops and freezes. And on the phone I can't acknowledge the unlock or anything. The bootloader menu on the phone still works, but if I choose any of the options there to reboot or anything its locked again after that.

On my Windows machine the Device either won't even be recognized by the system, depending on the drivers I use or it will give errors like: ...
FAILED (remote: password wrong)
finished. total time: 0.008s

Or it will also freeze.

The nubia emergency tool (v. 1.1.6) unfortunately does not support the phone yet.
The only thing I can think of trying now would be KingRoot, which I HATE. Cause that will install me Bloatware I might not be able to get rid of. And also I'm pretty sure I won't be able to use Magisk which is the main reason I'm doing this.

I also found and tried this one: https://forum.xda-developers.com/gen...overy-t3835718

But thats just a script trying to use the same commands... So it just gets the same errors.

So if anyone can think of anything I can do here please help.
Thank you so much.

3rd October 2018, 08:04 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Found my problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungee-Spider

Hey guys,

I've been trying to unlock my Nubia Z18 mini (NX611J) for a while now and its not happening.
None of the guides or info I can find is helpful here.
The thing is that I ordered the phone with google play.
So it already was unlocked at one point.
The thing now is that the bootloader is locked and wont unlock.
(Of course developer options are on with usb debugging and oem unlock activated)
With fastboot oem nubia_unlock NUBIA_NX611J it should work... And on ubuntu it at least starts to work...
So in ubuntu it does unlock and the devices even says its unlocked und adds 1 to its lock count....BUT THEN...
it just freezes on the pc side with the following:

(bootloader) START update nubia fastboot unlock flag!!!

...If i then just unplug/plugin the phone again and try to flash twrp, it acts as though it would still be locked.
And running this command the cursor blinks on pc. The device unlocks like mentioned above and then the cursor on the pc stops blinking and then that was it... Nothing more ever happens it just stops and freezes. And on the phone I can't acknowledge the unlock or anything. The bootloader menu on the phone still works, but if I choose any of the options there to reboot or anything its locked again after that.

On my Windows machine the Device either won't even be recognized by the system, depending on the drivers I use or it will give errors like: ...
FAILED (remote: password wrong)
finished. total time: 0.008s

Or it will also freeze.

The nubia emergency tool (v. 1.1.6) unfortunately does not support the phone yet.
The only thing I can think of trying now would be KingRoot, which I HATE. Cause that will install me Bloatware I might not be able to get rid of. And also I'm pretty sure I won't be able to use Magisk which is the main reason I'm doing this.

I also found and tried this one: https://forum.xda-developers.com/gen...overy-t3835718

But thats just a script trying to use the same commands... So it just gets the same errors.

So if anyone can think of anything I can do here please help.
Thank you so much.

Ok so I found the Problem... I just had to uninstall all the drivers and then reinstall them (included in the download as autorun.exe) from scratch one more time (in windows) and then use the ./fastboot.exe from your download or this: https://www.androidbrick.com/downloa...11j-twrp-root/ and it finally worked
24th November 2018, 05:08 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thank you for this amazing link :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungee-Spider

Ok so I found the Problem... I just had to uninstall all the drivers and then reinstall them (included in the download as autorun.exe) from scratch one more time (in windows) and then use the ./fastboot.exe from your download or this: "I cannot display the link" and it finally worked

I did not no what to do and had been busy for two days. Then I found this amazing link ). Thank you very much
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain_Northman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Captain_Northman Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nubia-z18-mini

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)