FORUMS

OPPO A5s update file has boot.img but can I patch it with magisk?

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By OwenLeGrande, Junior Member on 26th December 2019, 11:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have an OPPO A5s (cph1909) phone. I want to root it because ColorOS takes too much memory and to install a custom rom. I searched for stock rom but I found a stock firmware update file that can be installed by stock recovery. When I extracted the stock firmware, I found a boot.img file. Can I patch it with Magisk and install it by stock recovery? Won't my device go bootloop once I'm done?
13th January 2020, 09:47 AM |#2  
Flag lost world
Thanks Meter: 2,847

More
[BOOT.IMG] CPH1909EX_11_OTA_0280_all_IFSiSfZdD2zH.ozip
Patched but no luck
"unsupport/unknown image format
"Installation failled"
@topjohnwu Magisk Queries

Boot.img from CPH1909EX_11_OTA_0280_all_IFSiSfZdD2zH.ozip
The Following User Says Thank You to nelikp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nelikp Ad-Free
26th January 2020, 02:57 PM |#3  

More
Please someone help me to root OPPO A5s
Did anyone have the luck to root OPPO A5s? I also want to root it, I tried all the methods suck as Magisk, KingRoot, Kingo Root, iRoot, but did not get luck to root it. Please anyone help in this regard.
26th January 2020, 04:56 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwenLeGrande

I have an OPPO A5s (cph1909) phone. I want to root it because ColorOS takes too much memory and to install a custom rom. I searched for stock rom but I found a stock firmware update file that can be installed by stock recovery. When I extracted the stock firmware, I found a boot.img file. Can I patch it with Magisk and install it by stock recovery? Won't my device go bootloop once I'm done?

https://www.getdroidtips.com/root-oppo-a5s/
26th January 2020, 07:19 PM |#5  

More
its not for OPPO A5s (CPH1909)
The website quotes that, this method is for 'Oppo A5S (PD1818HF)', and I have OPPO A5s (CPH1909), will the method described in the website work for me? Can you please confirm that will this method brick my phone or not?
27th January 2020, 08:04 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaw235

The website quotes that, this method is for 'Oppo A5S (PD1818HF)', and I have OPPO A5s (CPH1909), will the method described in the website work for me? Can you please confirm that will this method brick my phone or not?

Sorry no. I'm a Xiaomi fan.
17th April 2020, 01:33 PM |#7  
Flag nganjuk
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Maybe this will help:
https://www.getdroidpro.com/root-opp...9-with-magisk/
Let me know if it's working.
30th April 2020, 04:49 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Please someone help me to root OPPO A5s Did anyone have the luck to root OPPO A5s? I
Oppo A5s A.37 Rooting and Custom recovery!!!
Install in order.
1st ROOT CHECKER BASIC APK
2nd Magisk manager 7.1.1 apk
3rd MTK EASY ROOT in GITHUb
Exacty ---(mtk easy su apk.)
NO TWRP available?. Use instead FLASHFIRE apk. If flashfire won't open just go to phone settings then change the date to 2013.!!!
Everytime date is updated youll need to do this.
Don't try anything else!! It will fail.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dadahyacinth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dadahyacinth Ad-Free
22nd May 2020, 02:21 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwenLeGrande

any luck bro did you root it?
The Following User Says Thank You to crimera For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crimera Ad-Free
29th May 2020, 03:03 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimera

any luck bro did you root it?

Do you have custom rom for Oppo A5s?
2nd June 2020, 09:53 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andriandwi

Do you have custom rom for Oppo A5s?

nope
can you guys open fastboot in oppo a5s i cant seem to do it i tried pressing volume down and power button and also tried adb reboot fastboot but it just restarts the phone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)