SOLVED-Problem enter Downloading mode Factory Binary in Samsung Galaxy J3[SM-S367VL]

Search This thread

dassoubarna

Jan 10, 2015
Burdwan
I flash SAMSUNG GALAXY J3 ORBIT SM-S367VL with Combination File and able to load Factory Binary Mode. Now I revert back to it's original Firmware. In the Factory Binary mode I enable Developer mode(enable OEM unlocking, USB Debugging), Reset Factory Data, and change USB Settings to ACM+DM+UTS+ADB. Now I want to boot the device in downloading mode. But when I pressed Volume Down + Power + Home key the downloading key is not appearing. Instead it shows a screen like below. Can any body help me to resolve the issue. And is there any tutorial available to disable Network Carrier Lock for the device?
download.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mayay04

dassoubarna

Jan 10, 2015
Burdwan
I flash SAMSUNG GALAXY J3 ORBIT SM-S367VL with Combination File and able to load Factory Binary Mode. Now I revert back to it's original Firmware. In the Factory Binary mode I enable Developer mode(enable OEM unlocking, USB Debugging), Reset Factory Data, and change USB Settings to ACM+DM+UTS+ADB. Now I want to boot the device in downloading mode. But when I pressed Volume Down + Power + Home key the downloading key is not appearing. Instead it shows a screen like below. Can any body help me to resolve the issue. And is there any tutorial available to disable Network Carrier Lock for the device?
download.jpg

:laugh:
I am able to solve it by using Samsung 300K Tools posted by Speechless

https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-8/how-to/samsung-300k-tool-t3847487

LittleBoxes

Jan 14, 2016
Roseau

I have the exact same phone, I even have the exact same screen. I tried to 300K tools posted by speechless. It recognizes the phone says it's in download mode but nothing changes on the screen, still reads: power reset or unknown upload mode. It's recognized by Odin the com turns blue,but never moves past 'SetupConnection'. Im not sure if I missed something or its my luck of the draw. Ive triple check everything list you had done. No idea at this point. Ordered a jig. Last ditch effort.

Pollo367

Nov 11, 2019
you will have to use an adb fastboot folder and enter the "adb reboot download" command and you will be able to install the firmware by odin.

LittleBoxes

Jan 14, 2016
Roseau
you will have to use an adb fastboot folder and enter the "adb reboot download" command and you will be able to install the firmware by odin.

This was my first thought when I first gave it a go. I have no adb connection with computer (device not detected. Recovery sideloading isn't possible, no USB connection read by computer. Drivers are installed, Dev options all correct (oem unlock checked, USB debug checked. Nothing has been overlooked, just completely stumped. I noticed I have permission thru Bluetooth to possibly install apps, but all attempts have proven faulty. I know it's not the USB port itself, I do get Samsung Modem detected if I force it into Power Reset/Unknown upload mode . USB jig didn't work, phone seems to ignore it's presents. I'm absolutely dumbfounded on this one.

ChrisC1984

Nov 25, 2019
Bump!
I have the same exact phone and am facing the same exact issue.
A friend gave me the phone. They had factory reset it before giving it to me. I could not proceed with the setup because of google verification. Asked the friend about it but they do not know the credentials, so I'm guessing they got the phone from someone else. Who knows?

After doing some research, I found combination roms to get rid of the google verification.

I was able to get the phone into download mode and used odin to flash the factory binary rom.
I then used the phone to enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking.
That is as far as I have gotten and I've spent two days searching for answers.

I can no longer get the phone into download mode and I've tried every supposed solution under the sun. A myriad of button combinations, both with and without the USB cable plugged into the phone. I've tried taking the battery out and holding down the buttons just after replacing the battery. I've tried holding down the VOL buttons just before plugging in the USB cable. Nothing works.

This is where my issue is a bit different from the OP's problem. I can get into recovery mode and I have the option to apply update through ADB.
In the CMD prompt on my PC, I use the command adb devices and it shows the phone connected and sideloaded, however no commands work for the phone itself. I can't apply any sort of rom. I can't push or pull files. I can't reboot or reboot download. It just says error: closed.

The phone in the ADB update mode says E:Failed to set driver control. No such device.
Installation Aborted.#1
E:Failed to set driver control. No such device.

I have literally tried everything. I don't need the phone, mind you. I have a google pixel and another Samsung galaxy that I had before the google phone. I just really want that feeling I get when I breathe life back into an otherwise useless device :D

That being said, I know that the Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit (SM-S367VL) isn't a great phone but it could still serve a purpose if I could just get it to work.

If anyone can shed any light on the situation, I would be quite thankful.

Pollo367

Nov 11, 2019
with the mobile shown dial * # 0808 # and mark where it says adb and restart. then with the mobile on again open an adb fastboot folder and insert the command "adb reboot downloader" with the normal taught mobile (do not put power + button -). He will send them directly to downloader mode.

Do not try to put the phone in download mode with power button + volume button -. the command will send them with the mobile taught normal to downloader

Ladyisis13

Aug 18, 2017
With the j3 orbit sm-s367vl i flashed the factory binary then kept haveing the same issue about getting it to actually go into download mode best way i have found is by useing miracle box 2.27 an up to get it to go into download mode. Just have the phone powered on connect to computer open miracle box go to samsung tab scan ports select thr comport for your samsung an switch the auestion mark to where it says download mode an click go then it sends your j3 orbit into thr correct download mode you need to be able to flash the firmware

Reactions: LittleBoxes

amy91

Nov 5, 2012
NYC
Hello,

Thanks for decently compiled guide to the OP. The steps are easy to follow and one can achieve this.
Tip: Incase you're stuck at the last step of trying to flash the CSC and your phone is booting into Factory Binary again, follow below steps -

1. Enter the Factory Binary Mode
2. Enable USB debugging on your device if needed.
3. Run adb on your computer (assuming you have it installed)
4. Connect your device to PC by USB cable
5. Verify device is recognized by adb devices
5. To boot into download mode for Samsung devices type in cmd window :
adb reboot download
6. Voila! Phone boots into download mode and you can install the firmware using Odin now.

Reactions: Expendable1970

BuTTcHiPs

Jan 3, 2011
I flash SAMSUNG GALAXY J3 ORBIT SM-S367VL with Combination File
download.jpg

Can you provide link to the S367VL Combination File please? Also, what exactly is the combination file? Is it a custom ROM? I have not been able to find any for this specific phone yet. Stock Tracfone/Samsung configuration is loaded with bloatware and I can't find accurate information on how to root it.

Expendable1970

Jul 10, 2018
Hello,

Thanks for decently compiled guide to the OP. The steps are easy to follow and one can achieve this.
Tip: Incase you're stuck at the last step of trying to flash the CSC and your phone is booting into Factory Binary again, follow below steps -

adb reboot download
6. Voila! Phone boots into download mode and you can install the firmware using Odin now.

Thank-you so much!!! This worked for me on my J3 Orbit. I had thrown it in a drawer back in September thinking it was a lost cause after trying seemingly everything to put it into download mode. I dug it back out last night because my son needed a phone. Thank-you for the easy to follow instructions and your time.

FrpDiva80

Feb 16, 2020
download.jpg

Samsung download jig is what you need. It will force the phone into download mode. I had this same problem and it worked. They are only a few bucks to order online. But if you're like me and don't want to wait there are instructions online that tell you how to make one. Which was easy enough. I was able to do it without having any prior knowledge on that stuff. Hope this helps:)

Jan 11, 2015
So am I understanding correctly, that once the SM-S367VL Tracfone has ODIN on it, the stock ROM on the phone is then opened up and rooted and can be put on any compatible CDMA network like Verizon as long as you have a SIM card to use on Verizon for it?

Thanks so much for the information. Very much appreciate all the hard work done here.

Lip Lip Lip

Jan 11, 2015
Errrr Wait.....flashing SAMSUNG's Stock ROM for the phone (A Tracfone purchased at Walmart and never activated), VS the Tracfone ROM that is on it, is all that is necessary to do because then the phone is carrier unlocked as it is no longer running the Tracfone ROM but the Samsung Stock ROM......is this correct, please?

Thanks.

Lip Lip Lip

P.S. I know I sound Ultra NEWB here asking this, but I am totally unfamiliar with this particular phone.
I have hacked TONS of phones using TWRP.....Galaxy Nexus....and my new Moto G5s+ SE's and used Tiny's hack for the 2007 Droid INC Version 1 to get Android 4.4.4 on it (RUNS GREAT!) and Clockwork MOD initially and then TWRP 2.6.3.0 after a bit, so I know what's up, but am hoping someone can point me in the right direction so I don't brick the phone.
Need to know if I am flashing the combo package mentioned in this thread earlier (and where to get that) or if the goal is to just root the ROM via ODIN once it is in Downloader mode.
Or do you actually install ODIN to it as a recovery?
Never used ODIN either before.
Always been using ADB and flashing Clockwork mod or TWRP and then off to the races from there.
A LITTLE HELP PLEASE?!?!?!?!
8)

Lip Lip Lip

lexcin

Dec 18, 2015
S367vldu1arg2

need help finding the combination file for Samsung j3 orbit tracfone net10 - no OEM unlock- I want to unlock boatloader then flash

thanks

grasshoppa420

Mar 10, 2013
Once the combination is flashed, to reboot into Download mode, hold Home + Vol Down while plugging in the usb cord. Figured THAT out, now if only I could figure out how to flash stock firmware back, ANY of them! Either get a version error about the bootloader, or Odin flies through the flash, says PASS! but has absolutely no effect on the phone... Crap.

Any ideas??

Entering Download mode on factory firmware & flashing with ODIN

Once the combination is flashed, to reboot into Download mode, hold Home + Vol Down while plugging in the usb cord. Figured THAT out, now if only I could figure out how to flash stock firmware back, ANY of them! Either get a version error about the bootloader, or Odin flies through the flash, says PASS! but has absolutely no effect on the phone... Crap.

Any ideas??

sammobile doesn't carry the tracfone ROM for this model unfortunately. You can get the stock firmware from hardreset.info but you need to reboot into reovery and check the binary revision... the Ux number in the PDA version, that has to match on whatever you're flashing the phone with until you have the bootloader unlocked, then you can flash it or backflash it with whatever you want.

As for carrier unlocking it, you'll have to pay for that one, just flashing the stock binary for the J3 from Samsung won't remove that. Although I am curious as to whether the TMO J3 Orbit firmware will flash onto the TracFone version... You should be able to change the CSC with the factory firmware and ODIN.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    download.jpg

download.jpg
    With the j3 orbit sm-s367vl i flashed the factory binary then kept haveing the same issue about getting it to actually go into download mode best way i have found is by useing miracle box 2.27 an up to get it to go into download mode. Just have the phone powered on connect to computer open miracle box go to samsung tab scan ports select thr comport for your samsung an switch the auestion mark to where it says download mode an click go then it sends your j3 orbit into thr correct download mode you need to be able to flash the firmware
    Hello,

adb reboot download
    i think downloading mode you use the volume up button