FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q&A] [GAPPS][2015-06-01] Open GApps for Android 5.1, 5.0, 4.4

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By QA Bot, Guest on 1st June 2015, 05:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Q&A for [GAPPS][2015-06-01] Open GApps for Android 5.1, 5.0, 4.4

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [GAPPS][2015-06-01] Open GApps for Android 5.1, 5.0, 4.4. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy!

1st June 2015, 05:00 PM |#2  

More
Hi, I've performed a clean installation of CM 12.1 and Open GApps on my Nexus 5 today and recognized that "Ok Google" from Androids' home screen is not working. It's turned on in Google settings though. Can you help out?
1st June 2015, 11:03 PM |#3  
Recognized Developer
Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 2,265

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynAdZ

Hi, I've performed a clean installation of CM 12.1 and Open GApps on my Nexus 5 today and recognized that "Ok Google" from Androids' home screen is not working. It's turned on in Google settings though. Can you help out?

I fear this is a problem within the ROM or within Google's app itself. So I am sorry to say we won't be able to help out.
3rd June 2015, 01:20 PM |#4  

More
Thanks for the answer! Do you have more details or any ideas whom I should approach concerning this issue?
4th June 2015, 11:22 AM |#5  
Recognized Developer
Flag The Hague

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks for the answer! Do you have more details or any ideas whom I should approach concerning this issue?

You could try the CM developers, but I doubt they would be bothered by an incompatability with an advanced feature of an external app.
Writing to Google probably wouldn't help, since their applications are normally only for 'official' Google-approved ROMs of OEMs.

So I am afraid you're kind of stuck and have to hope for the best it is randomly fixed in some release.
4th June 2015, 11:25 AM |#6  

More
Ok fine, I guess I just don't care then
Another question: Can I run updates of the Google Apps through the Play Store without any issues?
4th June 2015, 11:28 AM |#7  
Recognized Developer
Flag The Hague

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ok fine, I guess I just don't care then

Another question: Can I run updates of the Google Apps through the Play Store without any issues?

Yes you can.
Just remember then when flashing an updated open gapps package to wipe cache+dalvik

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Forums Pro.
5th June 2015, 04:01 PM |#8  
Flag Bitola
Thanks Meter: 287

More
This uses aroma installer, right? Can I choose what gapps I want to be installed?
5th June 2015, 04:04 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GjorgiDxc

This uses aroma installer, right? Can I choose what gapps I want to be installed?

You can create a gapps-config.txt and place it in the same path where the GApps package is located. Then fill the file with apps you don't want to install (default is exclude mode).

Example content:

Drive
Docs
Earth

(this would exclude Google Drive, Google Docs and Google Earth from the installation).

The full list with all comands is here: github.com/opengapps/opengapps/wiki/Package-Comparison
5th June 2015, 04:06 PM |#10  
Flag Bitola
Thanks Meter: 287

More
Quote:

You can create a gapps-config.txt and place it in the same path where the GApps package is located. Then fill the file with apps you don't want to install (default is exclude mode).

Example content:

Drive
Docs
Earth

(this would exclude Google Drive, Google Docs and Google Earth from the installation).

The full list with all comands is here: github.com/opengapps/opengapps/wiki/Package-Comparison

Yeah, like on pa-gapps, but there is a AROMA gapps in the unstable versions. So I'm going to try it out first
9th June 2015, 07:59 AM |#11  
Flag Dream Island
Thanks Meter: 368

Donate to Me
More
@MastahF @TKruzze @raulx222 @Rapper_skull @osm0sis
Hi I use Android One device by google... In stock i was having FaceUnlock
but after moving to CM i was not able to install it using ANY gapps packge

so i was looking for whats wrong
And here is what i found

After skimming through update-binary and update-script of your and others' gapps packages i observed that it check for android.camera.harware.front.xml for front camera compatibility
but some devices(like mine) have front camera compatibility mentioned in android.hardware.camera.xml

So even if there devices are compatible , they will be shown incompatible because of this checking method

Hope you improve it soon to fix this issue
i'm attaching my phone's system/etc/permissions zip so that you can have a look at it
Its from stock and they have mentioned front camera compatibility in android.hardware.camera.xml
Attached Files
File Type: zip permissions.zip - [Click for QR Code] (23.8 KB, 214 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hjmodi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hjmodi Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)