[Q&A] [GAPPS][2015-06-01] Open GApps for Android 5.1, 5.0, 4.4

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By QA Bot, Guest on 1st June 2015, 04:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th January 2017, 12:30 AM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 264

More
I'm having some trouble with Google Assistant. Everything seems fine during the setup, but the first time I try to use "OK Google"... I'm brought to the screen that asks you to train your voice. If I try to retrain my voice, the first time I say "OK Google" it recognizes my voice and takes me back to the same screen. If I skip training it takes me into Google Assistant. Is there any workaround or fix for this?

I'm on a OnePlus 3T on Resurrection Remix N.

Edit: Seems to be resolved now.

19th January 2017, 07:56 AM |#502  
Flag Lausanne
Thanks Meter: 149

More
I think you know but opengapps isn't working on all the roms (lineage , RR n , aicp, aokp etc on Android 7.1.1) with the galaxy s7 edge exynos (G-935F) because play store don't install so we have to use dynamic dirty unicorns Gapps instead but the packages are rarely updated so is it possible to try to get working open Gapps for this device? Thanks a lot
20th January 2017, 06:21 PM |#503  

More
Google Photos Shortcut
Hi guys,

Flashed a stock, 6.0 arm64 yesterday on a Xiaomi Mi 5s and have a small query - as it's essentially using a stock of the nexus phone there's no option in Google Photos to add a shortcut to the desktop - would there be a way around this or could I reflash one of the other variants?

Thanks!
23rd January 2017, 11:27 PM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi there,

For the past days of GAPPS releases I have an issue with the Tap & Go screen after a clean install or factory reset. The problem is that this screen is unskippable which kinda is a problem if one does not have other Android devices which renders the device useless.

I didn't try all releases but the bug is in there at least from the 21 January. It happened somewhere since 31 December if that is any help. It is not a ROM problem since the last factory reset I did was december 31 and that rom in combination with the newer GAPPS now have the unskippable Tap & Go screen too whereas before it did not.

I'm using GAPPS on my hammerhead phone (CAF or not both have the same issues) with the Lineage OS ROM (Android 7.1.1) Although the last CM official nightlies have the same issues. On the LinneageOS 14.1 CAF thread I found out I am not the only one with the problem.

It does not matter which version of GAPSS I use. Minimal Google apps in aroma or the Pico package. All have the same problem.

Please fix! Thanks in advance.
27th January 2017, 11:25 AM |#505  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToldYouSo

Hi there,
For the past days of GAPPS releases I have an issue with the Tap & Go screen after a clean install or factory reset. The problem is that this screen is unskippable which kinda is a problem if one does not have other Android devices which renders the device useless.

Same problem here with Samsung Galaxy S5. UI locks up some seconds after SIM PIN was entered.
28th January 2017, 08:51 PM |#506  
Flag Spokane Washington
Thanks Meter: 53

More
What's Up With OK Google???
I've been reading that many OpenGApps users are having issues with OK Google. Especially OK Google "Always On". I did a clean flash of Oct-N Android 7.1.1, (January 27th Weekly Build), with open_gapps-arm-7.1-super-20170128.zip, as I always have. Then I go into "OK Google" detection in settings. By default the Toggle for "From the Google app" is set to on, and toggle for "Always on" is set to off. I can usually turn "Always on" to "on" and when I do it prompts to "Train Voice Model". Everything works fine for a while but after some time I notice it's not working. This has been happening for a while and on different ROMs. I go back into settings and discover "Always on" toggle is now magically been turned off and cannot be turned back on. This is even more annoying if the ROM I'm using has the build.prop set to make my device eligible for Google Assistant because "I've noticed" once upgraded to Google Assistant the toggle for "From the Google app" has magically disappeared and the remaining toggle for "Always on" doesn't work. If it does it does the Retrain Voice Model thing happens again and again. I've noticed Dynamic GApps doesn't do any of this but I'm a card carrying OpenGApps user and I think all other GApps packages are inferior. I can't be using inferior GApps packages. I guess my purpose here is to report the problem and to inquire if it can or will be fixed. Damn this is a long post. I hope it's useful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170128-113734.png
Views:	60
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	4022086  
The Following User Says Thank You to bigbaluka For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigbaluka Ad-Free
30th January 2017, 03:52 PM |#507  
Flag Valladolid
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schuettecarsten

Same problem here with Samsung Galaxy S5. UI locks up some seconds after SIM PIN was entered.

Me too also in S5 Duos (G900FD), if I flash only LineageOS all run well but when I flash any GAPPS (Tryed "micro", "nano" and "Pico") the system blocks completely and I must restore my backup.

Enviado desde mi SM-G900FD mediante Tapatalk
30th January 2017, 11:31 PM |#508  

More
Voice to Text / Voice Input
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbaluka

I believe every OpenGApps package except Pico would have voice input... I'm not totally sure on this, but I think for voice input the GApps Package should include: Off-line Speech Files (Speech), OK Google Hotword Enrollment (Hotword), Google App (Search), and possibly Google Text-to-Speech (GoogleTTS). I doubt you'd need TTS, and it's baked into to Android Marshmallow and Nougat anyways. Of course it's possible you only need Google App for voice input. Also I'd make sure everything is turned on and language settings are proper in Settings>Voice>"OK Google" Detection. Check out the OP of this thread and the FAQ here https://github.com/opengapps/opengapps/wiki

Resurrecting this topic ... can anybody say which packages specifically are needed for a working voice to text / text recognition functionality?

I installed the following packages:

http://pastebin.com/pByUEBWY

, aiming to have voice to text. Unfortunately it's not working (neither in Gboard, Chrome nor Maps).
What would I need to install as well (I'm figuring Google Search) to be able to use voice to text functionality. And is it possible to add this to the current installation or do I have to start over with a clean installation?

Thanks for any helpful advice and thank you for the OpenGapps project !
31st January 2017, 04:19 AM |#509  
Flag Spokane Washington
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsschmid

Resurrecting this topic ... can anybody say which packages specifically are needed for a working voice to text / text recognition functionality?

I installed the following packages:

http://pastebin.com/pByUEBWY

, aiming to have voice to text. Unfortunately it's not working (neither in Gboard, Chrome nor Maps).
What would I need to install as well (I'm figuring Google Search) to be able to use voice to text functionality. And is it possible to add this to the current installation or do I have to start over with a clean installation?

Thanks for any helpful advice and thank you for the OpenGapps project !

I'm just an end user like you but I can make a few suggestions. Verify that Google voice typing is Installed and turned on. Go to Settings>Languages & input>Virtual keyboard. All installed keyboards should be listed there. If you have Gboard installed it should be in this screen as should "Google voice typing". If one of them is not there touch + Manage keyboards and make sure they are present and toggled on. If either of them aren't in the Manage keyboards menu then it is likely they're not installed for whatever reason. I'm 82.6% sure Google voice typing is included in every OpenGApps package. You might find this page useful: https://github.com/opengapps/opengap...age-Comparison

Also many people are having trouble with "OK Google Hotword Enrollment" Which is included in every OpenGApps package except Pico. You might wanna check the settings for that as well. See if this sounds familiar: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=506 Hopefully not!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to bigbaluka For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigbaluka Ad-Free
31st January 2017, 03:04 PM |#510  

More
Quote:

I'm just an end user like you but I can make a few suggestions. Verify that Google voice typing is Installed and turned on. Go to Settings>Languages & input>Virtual keyboard. All installed keyboards should be listed there. If you have Gboard installed it should be in this screen as should "Google voice typing". If one of them is not there touch + Manage keyboards and make sure they are present and toggled on. If either of them aren't in the Manage keyboards menu then it is likely they're not installed for whatever reason. I'm 82.6% sure Google voice typing is included in every OpenGApps package.

It's not there, but I though it wouldn't be specifically listed as this is a functionality included in Gboard, e.g. you can't install Gboard without voice typing capability, you can just disable that functionality.
That's why I think some other gapp is missing which actually handles voice to text. As said before I guess it's google search.
Quote:

You might find this page useful: https://github.com/opengapps/opengap...age-Comparison

I looked into this before, unfortunately it's way to coarse, e.g. it doesn't always allow conclusion at the resulting specific functionality supported by the respective app.

So my conclusion here is that it seems I have to try to find out.
31st January 2017, 04:47 PM |#511  

More
Uber app not working after installing pico
Hi there,

I installed OpenGapps pico version (Android 5.1.1, Samsung Galaxy S5, non-clean install on top of existing CM 12.1), and everything was apparently correct. However, when I installed the Uber app, I noticed that it doesn't offer me the "Where to?" box to type the address I want to go. This is strange because I managed to configured everything else on the app (payment method, create Uber user account, set up Home address), and I can see the map being shown; the only thing that is not working is the ability to type the address I want to go (oh, and also the fact that I cannot see the cars on the map). I tried installing Google Maps as well, but nothing has changed. Has anyone noticed this problem? Any tips or advices on how to solve it?

Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)