[Q&A] [GAPPS][2015-06-01] Open GApps for Android 5.1, 5.0, 4.4

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By QA Bot, Guest on 1st June 2015, 04:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th December 2017, 03:05 PM |#651  

More
Tried installing the latest ARM64 GApps Pico for Android 7.1 on a Xiaomi Mi Max Hydrogen via TWRP. Got a "Incompatible device architecture" error, says it should be ARM. Device contains a Snapdragon 650 (Cortex A53+A72). Is it not ARM64?

30th December 2017, 12:20 AM |#652  
Flag Baldwin Park
Thanks Meter: 2,212

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voluptuous Watermelon

Tried installing the latest ARM64 GApps Pico for Android 7.1 on a Xiaomi Mi Max Hydrogen via TWRP. Got a "Incompatible device architecture" error, says it should be ARM. Device contains a Snapdragon 650 (Cortex A53+A72). Is it not ARM64?

Install any one of the many device/hardware reporting tools to see what your device is.

LG G3 D851, LiquidSmooth v4.1 ROM, MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5
30th December 2017, 10:10 AM |#653  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdw

Install any one of the many device/hardware reporting tools to see what your device is.

LG G3 D851, LiquidSmooth v4.1 ROM, MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

ARM64-v8a. What's the problem then?
31st December 2017, 03:02 AM |#654  

More
Apps not showing up in app drawer
I've installed gapps (pico, 7.1, arm64) via TWRP on pure AOSP (angler-userdebug) and the installation seems to complete successfully - here are the installation logs: drive.google.com/file/d/1iVZc_O_lQ8YT1VHVp62VjOblpDCTl-UW/view?usp=sharing. However, Google Play Store does not show up in my the app drawer. Has anyone seen this behavior or know how to fix this?

---------- Post added at 04:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenmue3

Hi i tried flashing Opengapps Aroma version on my android7.0 of mate8 with either clean or dirty install . But after rebooting into system i found no Google apps installed by opengapps and even some existed google apps disappeared.i attach all of my logs i could provide. Thanks a million guy
and plus: my stock dialer and messenger and other stock apps also disappear

Curious if you ever figured this one out. I'm facing a similar issue.
11th January 2018, 01:52 AM |#655  

More
I just got a new 8.0 ROM for my LGG3 d852 and i used a gapps-config to install gapps. When I go to Setting -> Security -> Smart Lock and click face unlock, it says Trusted Face stopped working. I suspect this is a gapps problem but it could also be a kernel problem, not able to open the front camera. This is probably false though because front camera works with other apps.

My ROM is AOSP based (Not LineageOS)
14th January 2018, 03:22 AM |#656  
Flag Steinfeld
Thanks Meter: 432

More
Hello, are there any known problems with LOS 15.1 and recent tree regarding the good ol' android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE in SetupWizard.apk? Clean build and flash causes the known from the past SetupWizard loop. Trying to apply the missing READ_PHONE_STATE permission answers just that the permission is not asked for by app and thus it does not apply it. But somewhere is a problem there: https://hastebin.com/eciluyozul.rb
Even had my fun with apktool adding it to manifest and then applying it, but still the same.
17th January 2018, 07:13 PM |#657  
Flag Barranquilla
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Hello all. I used Open gapps before when I had a Nexus 6P. Now I have a oneplus 5T and I'm wondering if I flash the stock package, will I be able to use the google Camera app with all the features? Do I still need to install a ported version of the app to accomplish this?
31st January 2018, 01:32 PM |#658  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
When will gapps for 8.1 will be released ?
3rd February 2018, 03:51 AM |#659  
Flag Toronto, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hi all I have difficulties downloading the file. It keep failing.

Any suggestions?
3rd February 2018, 06:55 PM |#660  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Hi I have a WIleyFox Swift 2 with the latest TRWP and Magisk installed. Prior to the latest Wileyfox OTA update I was able to install arm64-Pico Open Gapps to remove all the Stock Gapps and leave the bare minimum Google features for the phone to work. After installing the latest OTA update, arm64-pico Open Gapps installs succesfully (according to the screen) but the stock Gapps are still there ! Tried several times now wiping cache and Dalvik each time before rebooting, but it makes no difference. Anyone know whether the Android January 2018 Security Patch prevents the Stock Gapps from being uninstalled?
5th February 2018, 06:02 AM |#661  
Flag Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Thanks Meter: 1

More
gapps for android 8.0 tvstock and aroma variant are not available to download. Also even after 2 month of 8.1.0 release opengapps are not available. why?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)