Originally Posted by ama_211

Android 8.x option is missing in Opengapps Apk

Hardcoding isn't great

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus using XDA Labs

19th February 2018, 12:43 PM |#682  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Im using a Zenfone 2 Z00A with RR and official Gapps flashed. However, I don't see trusted face option in smart lock, only body detection, trusted place, trusted device and trusted voice are included. When I direct to root/system/app/FaceLock, there is only lib and no apk is included. Is it normal? Do I have any way to fix it?
25th February 2018, 10:21 AM |#683  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodoGTA

Hardcoding isn't great

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus using XDA Labs

8.1 too.

And no working by saving the GApps to external SD Card with or without Root.
Internal is working.
26th February 2018, 03:29 AM |#684  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinleung825

Im using a Zenfone 2 Z00A with RR and official Gapps flashed. However, I don't see trusted face option in smart lock, only body detection, trusted place, trusted device and trusted voice are included. When I direct to root/system/app/FaceLock, there is only lib and no apk is included. Is it normal? Do I have any way to fix it?

Isn't that a problem of RR, not OpenGApps?
26th February 2018, 04:49 AM |#685  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
So, I've got a Nexus 7 WiFi (flo) device that I'm getting ready for LineageOS and was wondering what's the best gapps package for it? I see this page detailing advanced options, a package comparison chart & then the gapps page itself. Any suggestions would be great.
26th February 2018, 09:04 AM |#686  
Flag Baldwin Park
Thanks Meter: 2,212

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by celebi23

So, I've got a Nexus 7 WiFi (flo) device that I'm getting ready for LineageOS and was wondering what's the best gapps package for it? I see this page detailing advanced options, a package comparison chart & then the gapps page itself. Any suggestions would be great.

There is no best. The packages are broken up the way they are to fit one's needs. If you plan to always update your Google apps from the Play Store you can go with something like nano and get everything else from the store.

If you want to replace the default LOS apps with Google equivalents (keyboard, dialer, contacts, photos, clock, etc.) then go for the package with most of that stuff in it.

BTW, you didn't specify if you're talking about Nougat or Oreo. If the latter, there are no Oreo gapps here. You'll have to go for the unofficial builds mentioned in previous posts/pages.

ZTE Axon 7 A2017U, SL!M4 DF!NR B09 ROM, Multiboot, Tapatalk 4.9.5
26th February 2018, 06:32 PM |#687  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdw

There is no best. The packages are broken up the way they are to fit one's needs. If you plan to always update your Google apps from the Play Store you can go with something like nano and get everything else from the store.

If you want to replace the default LOS apps with Google equivalents (keyboard, dialer, contacts, photos, clock, etc.) then go for the package with most of that stuff in it.

BTW, you didn't specify if you're talking about Nougat or Oreo. If the latter, there are no Oreo gapps here. You'll have to go for the unofficial builds mentioned in previous posts/pages.

ZTE Axon 7 A2017U, SL!M4 DF!NR B09 ROM, Multiboot, Tapatalk 4.9.5

Whoops, yeah, going with LOS 14.1. Ok, I'll go with Nano or Pico then. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to celebi23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift celebi23 Ad-Free
3rd March 2018, 04:21 PM |#688  

More
Dialer empty history
Hello guys,
When I'm in my main account in Android (G account synced etc.) my call history is empty in the dialer app.
(When I'm in guest mode I can view it)
The log gives SQL error transcription_state column doesn't exist.

Anybody had the same issue?

Lineage 15.1 - Capricorn
18th March 2018, 09:55 AM |#689  

More
GApps config
Hi,
I found on the wiki pages of opengapps an item about Advanced Features and Options. In this article there are excellent examples of a config file. I tried to copy and paste one of the config files with Chrome on my Android device, but what a mess: All new lines and tabs are lost!

I have been struggling with this config file to get it right, but I don't have any confidence about the file. The text editor wraps the text, so there might be a chance of missing some new line characters (which means missing some apps)! I tried to find a link to download the file (or another example), but I couldn't find any good (general) ones.

Finally I went back to my old PC and copied and pasted the example there. Everything looked well! But to me, going back to a PC feels like going back in time. It means creating a GApps config, is depending on another OS!!!! Can't it be made easier to get these examples on my Android device?

Possible solutions:
  1. Edit the example in such a way, new lines and tabs are copied from Chrome.
  2. Or, if that is technically not possible, create some links on the wiki page where users can download a proper example.
  3. Or, (more work) create an online configurator with a lot of checkboxes, where you can create and download a config file instantly!
18th March 2018, 03:18 PM |#690  

More
Problem installing GApps
For 2 days I am trying to install lineage-14.1-20170810-UNOFFICIAL-n8013.zip with GApps. As you can see in the Open GApps log file, I DO have enough space in memory to install the apps.

First I tried a 'full' install, but it crashed after installing ’drive'. Then I tried a mini install. Also failed. And now I have been trying a custom configured install from a super image for several times, even without reinstalling Lineage. Coincidence or not, but it looks like I am getting further every next attempt. First it crashed after 'drive', then after 'search', then 'sheets' and the last time after 'youtube', almost there!

In the recovery logging you can see, there is this error:
Code:
/tmp/tar-arm: Child died with signal 9
/tmp/tar-arm: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
So what is going wrong?

PS I am using twrp-2.8.6.0-gt-n8010 installed with odin3 v1.85. And the n8010 and n8013 are using the same Lineage image.
Attached Files
File Type: txt open_gapps_log.txt - [Click for QR Code] (6.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: log recovery.log - [Click for QR Code] (91.1 KB, 6 views)
20th March 2018, 07:37 AM |#691  
Flag Lithuania
Thanks Meter: 29

More
I dont know is it gapps fault or not, but I cant download or update anything on google play store. First time getting this issue. Im using Beltz rom and 8.1 stock gapps. Tried to clear cache etc for play store but nothing happens.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)