[Q&A] Kyocera hydro vibe recovery

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for Kyocera hydro vibe recovery

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for Kyocera hydro vibe recovery. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

cloudofchaos9911

Dec 2, 2014
help?? need someone who knows what im talking about!

Hello, so first post so sorry if its odd, anywho.
I have a virgin mobile kyocera hydro vibe. Its on 4.3 still as its rooted and too nervous to do the update. Last time i did this phone got stuck in bootloop. So i got a new phone. Tried to go as long as i could without rooting it ended up rooting it anyway with root genius( after about 20 failed attemps) it worked jus like the last time. I deleted a bunch of system apps mainly swipe and luminas tool bar (bloatware crap) anyway i wanna upgrade the device to 4.4.4 or whatrver cuz my phone keeps trying to do it when im not looking and im pretty sure if i let it ill be stuck in a bootloop again and have to get a new phone again. So my questions are simply;
Can u upgrade with root if missin system apps?
And can someone give me an app list so i can figure out what im missing replace them and try to update?
I dont wanna brick this phone n i dont know too much about unrooting updates and firmware stuff. But im prettt sure i cant do diddly squat as is so can anyone please help me out thanks so much in advance and if this post shows up in the wrong spot i apologize in advance.

K

kernelpanic_

I think there's an over the air update disabler, but I wouldn't try it because Kyocera phones are picky. And an app list. I'll type one up sooner or later today and have you informed about it.

Sent from my Pac'd SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app

cloudofchaos9911

Dec 2, 2014
ok thanks. jus to update my phone has lost root. which had happened before. and simply ran the same process as if it wad the first time. this time around im mot gunna mess with till a custom recovery is fully functioning. seems the only way to get rid of over the air updates without messing the phone up is flashin a custom rom. which to my knowledge doesnt exist wit virgin mobile kyoceras.. hopefully im wrong. or an angel will hear my prayer :)

Riderkess61

Mar 10, 2016
Q&A for Kyocera hydro vibe recovery

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for Kyocera hydro vibe recovery. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

Ok so I was trying to flaSh a custom rom into my hydro vibe and something went wrong I can't boot into recovery or the boot loader nothing it won't even connect using adb also when it turns on it has the android dude sitting there with something spinning in. The middle and it has a loading bar at the bottom of the screen and it says installing system updates and that's all it does so if any one could help me with this question I would appreciate your time thank you