[Q&A] [APP] Linux-on-Android project (Complete Linux Installer)

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [APP] Linux-on-Android project (Complete Linux Installer)

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [APP] Linux-on-Android project (Complete Linux Installer). If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

hadiminur

Oct 22, 2014
+1 Like Tweet Rate Thread Add Poll [Q] Android 4.4.2 i9506 "Complete Linux Inst

"Complate Linux Installer" program after I installed the "ubuntu image", "BusyBox", "terminal emulator" and "vnc" I've installed.
The phone has root;
But "Complate Linux Installer" from the image, in the image whenever you start with the error I'm having. If you have information or who will be able to direct; I'm waiting for help.

"Checking loop device... MISSING
Creating loop device... /data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/bootscript.sh[130]: /data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/busybox: Permission denied FAİLED
Error: UNABLE TO CREATE LOOP DEVİCE!
1 root@ks01lte:/stoage/extSdCard/ubuntu #"

hiack

Oct 27, 2012
you should type 'su' on the first to get the root permission.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

damooo90

Nov 1, 2014
busyboX permission denied

Hi,
i have this problem
u0_a68@lt03wifi:/ $
u0_a68@lt03wifi:/ $ cd /sdcard/ubuntu
u0_a68@lt03wifi:/sdcard/ubuntu $ su
sh /data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/bootscript.sh /sdcard/ubuntu/ubuntu.img
sh /data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/bootscript.sh /sdcard/ubuntu/ubuntu.img
root@lt03wifi:/storage/emulated/legacy/ubuntu # sh /data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/bootscript.sh /sdcard/ubuntu/ubuntu.img
MD5 file found, use to check .img file? (y/n)
y
Validating image checksum... /data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/bootscript.sh[81]: /data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/busybox: Permission denied
FAILED!
Error: Checksum failed! The image is corrupted!
1|root@lt03wifi:/storage/emulated/legacy/ubuntu #
the app have permission root. I have reinstalling busybox from launch, but not work.
i have change permission in folder data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/ in 0777, but not work.
thanks

hiack

Oct 27, 2012
Hi,
i have this problem
u0_a68@lt03wifi:/ $
u0_a68@lt03wifi:/ $ cd /sdcard/ubuntu
u0_a68@lt03wifi:/sdcard/ubuntu $ su
root@lt03wifi:/storage/emulated/legacy/ubuntu # sh /data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/bootscript.sh /sdcard/ubuntu/ubuntu.img
y
Validating image checksum... /data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/bootscript.sh[81]: /data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/busybox: Permission denied
FAILED!
1|root@lt03wifi:/storage/emulated/legacy/ubuntu #
the app have permission root. I have reinstalling busybox from launch, but not work.
i have change permission in folder data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/ in 0777, but not work.
thanks

you don't get the permission .if you get the '$' will be turn into '#'

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

sharbich

Oct 19, 2014
Linux on Android

Hi,
when I start Linux on the App "Linux on Android" i see the folling Error Message "/root/init.sh: line 133 [: ==: unary operator expected". I can't not start the VNC Connection. Whout I con Do?

Thanks for request, Stefan Harbich

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
I had tried your bootscript.sh but it doesn't work again.
Full log with terminal is
"u0_a156@g2:/ $
u0_a156@g2:/ $ su
/data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/busybox chroot /data/local/mnt /root/init.sh

/data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/busybox chroot /data/local/mnt /root/init.sh

ox chroot /data/local/mnt /root/init.sh <
ERROR: ld.so: object '/vendor/lib/libNimsWrap.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
Start VNC server? (y/n)
y
/root/init.sh: line 110: [: ==: unary operator expected
Start SSH server? (y/n)
ERROR: ld.so: object '/vendor/lib/libNimsWrap.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
* Starting OpenBSD Secure Shell server sshd ERROR: ld.so: object '/vendor/lib/libNimsWrap.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
[ OK ]
If connecting from a different machine on the same network as the android device use the address below:
eth0: error fetching interface information: Device not foundSave settings as defaults? (y/n) (You can always change it later in the app)
y
Config saved to /root/cfg/linux.config

To shut down the Linux environment, just enter 'exit' at this terminal - and WAIT for all shutdown routines to finish!

root@localhost:/# "

This is happening becuase of SU, chainfire's uses it's own shell.
Clockworkmod SU, defaults back to /, so the cd made before su command cause script to fail. On newer android ChainsDD doesn't work.

App needs to be updated to do su before cd for CWM, and or run su with these options
for Chainfire's "su -p -s /system/bin/sh"

nowucmenowudont3

Nov 6, 2014
Great app guys. My only issue besides a black screen I've been battling with vnc..is when I download a distro and attempt to open to zip I get "bad file size" and a series of numbers. The only one that didn't do that to me was the small version ofdebian. It anyone has the large or small version of either ubuntu id appreciate a link. And yes I've tried redownloading multiple times.

The torrents have no seeders and the sound forge site always gives be a bad download.

Also if anyone has a good vnc alternative id love to hear about it

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
Great app guys. My only issue besides a black screen I've been battling with vnc..is when I download a distro and attempt to open to zip I get "bad file size" and a series of numbers. The only one that didn't do that to me was the small version ofdebian. It anyone has the large or small version of either ubuntu id appreciate a link. And yes I've tried redownloading multiple times.

The torrents have no seeders and the sound forge site always gives be a bad download.

Also if anyone has a good vnc alternative id love to hear about it
The torrents seem to have no seeders, I would download from sourceforge, try the 12.04 imgs they seem to work for the bigger imgs. Can always update them to 13 or 14.

saeedbs

Jan 11, 2015
need help

i got this app /terminal / vnc/ images and im sure my kernel support loop devices but when i press 'start linux" button it just opens terminal but nothing happens and i dont have any clue what to do (i tried kali and ubuntu images)

(sorry for my bad english)

Reactions: Taza99

Taza99

Nov 23, 2014
Hello world,

So I recently tried this Complete Linux Installer. I did all the steps as I should but when I click "Launch" it only opens Terminal Emulator and nothing happens.

So I decided to run the commands manually. It says:

n
Checking loop device... FOUND
mount: mounting /dev/block/loop255 on /data/local/mnt failed: Device or resource busy
Error: Unable to mount the loop device!

Or:

bootscript.sh /sdcard/ubuntu/ubuntu-13.10.LARGE.ext4.img <
y
Validating image checksum... md5sum: can't open 'ubuntu-13.10.LARGE.ext4.img': No such file or directory
FAILED!

Does anybody know what is wrong?

Edit:
Got it working now. Big thanks to developers

Last edited:

GrandMarshall

Nov 8, 2014
Problem with launching linux.

IMG_20150308_184851.jpg
Everything what Complete Linux Installer do,is this. And its different of that, what it should do. This result I got everytimes when I want to start linux. Know anybody what with this?

kayDhi

Mar 8, 2015
Blank screen

I've got a blank screen in the VNC Client. Everything seems to be running fine though. I tried running Debian.
@GrandMarshall I did have the same issue, but pressing enter with my tablet's keyboard seems to do the trick =)

Last edited:

Jason Bene

Apr 20, 2015
Problem in Ubuntu Chrome and Mozilla...

It seem that i can open it with connection... but chrome didn't showing the pages even loaded. And the built-in mozilla always crashes...
How can i update , or install some apps or browser in Ubuntu 12 in ? Or How to paste some file and manually install it via Terminal Emulator?
Pls help guys.. thanks a lot in advance for those who will help me :)
-noob

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Mozilla always crashes ::( , help to install or paste the application file to ubuntu dorectory ...

HDFord

May 5, 2015
VNC Connection Refused

I've been trying to install Kali Linux on my Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300, but the VNC connection does not seem to work for me. I've tried reinstalling everything several times. I've done everything after the book.
Each time I try to connect this error comes up.

VNC connection failed!
failed to connect to localhost/127.0.0.1 (port 5900):
connect failed: ECONNREFUSED (Connection refused)

I dont have any idea what to do now.

shafique990555

Sep 8, 2014
installation of wn722n wifi adapter

Hey I'm trying to connect an external wifi adapter (tp-link wn722n). It shows in lsusb but when I run iwconfig it Returns no wireless extention. Tried to download ath9k and install but now it returns kenral-headers not installed. Now when I'm Trying to install kenral headers (apt-get install linux-headers) it returns wit various options. Which one do I choose? Am I missing something ? Please help.

vincentstans

May 25, 2013
Wormerveer
Got Kali running

I got Ubuntu 13.10 small running as well as kali ext4 the extracted 4 GB in size version

ubuntu runs almost out of the box

for kali I have edited a few file. i'm just gonne post a few but if you want to know what is edited I got some time to sum it up

bootscript.sh version 7.9 added some lines and fixed personal external sdcard
/home/kalilinux/.vnc/xstartup changed desktop start command
/home/kalilinux/.config/lxpanel/LXDE/ copied content from /usr/share/lxpanel/profile/default/* or /usr/share/lxpanel/profile/two_panels/* on the picture I used two_panels profile obviously
/etc/timezone for bash time
/etc/localtime for X time
kalilinux.ext4.img on a linux desktop mounted the image and edited /root/init.sh fixed typo in first boot part. so the image on the site is by default not good I could share mine if anyone is interested
/root/init.sh fixed permissions on the external sdcard as well as added symlinks from the home directory to the manualy added mounts
fixed apt-get key problem so everything is working just have to update the apt-get key sollution to the edited image that would make it complete
lines edited in bootscript.sh and /root/init.sh depend on each other
so not too much and I prefer Kali over ubuntu

s1.postimg.org/qbd8fa84f/kalilinux.png
as seen here got 1.4Gb free space
s12.postimg.org/hzarrjq31/kalilinux1.png

sorry no working links cause I never post stuff http the above lines to see the images

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

I've been trying to install Kali Linux on my Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300, but the VNC connection does not seem to work for me. I've tried reinstalling everything several times. I've done everything after the book.
Each time I try to connect this error comes up.

VNC connection failed!
failed to connect to localhost/127.0.0.1 (port 5900):
connect failed: ECONNREFUSED (Connection refused)

I dont have any idea what to do now.

on your device after startup and having root try :/ # getenforce
this should output "Enforcing or Permissive" you want Permissive and if you have Enforcing change it with :/ # setenforce 0
Enforcing being 1
Permissive being 0

Exit the linux enviroment and reload the image again
if you can now login with VNC on your android device localhost on port 5900
if this worked add " setenforce 0 " without quotes on the first empty line available of your bootscript.sh
and add " setenforce 1 " on the last line of the bootscript.sh

Let me know how you get on

vincentstans

May 25, 2013
Wormerveer
unset LD_PRELOAD

If you get ERROR: ld.so: object 'libNimsWrap.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
add " unset LD_PRELOAD " without quotes on the first empty line of your bootscript.sh

Reactions: damnmachine

pedropmf

Apr 4, 2015
Hi,

How may I make ubuntu play sounds through my Zenfone 6's audio system?

thanks!

Pedro

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    need help

i got this app /terminal / vnc/ images and im sure my kernel support loop devices but when i press 'start linux" button it just opens terminal but nothing happens and i dont have any clue what to do (i tried kali and ubuntu images)

(sorry for my bad english)
    unset LD_PRELOAD

If you get ERROR: ld.so: object 'libNimsWrap.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
    add " unset LD_PRELOAD " without quotes on the first empty line of your bootscript.sh
    hi @<a href="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=2083190" target="_blank">zacthespack</a> , i have a problem with Ubuntu small and my new Meizu pro 5 android 5.1,
    Error: image file not found! ( sdcard/Ubuntu/Ubuntu.img)
    can you help me please?

Sent from my PRO 5 using Tapatalk