FORUMS

Anyone with Recovery & Root SM-J727T

1,158 posts
Thanks Meter: 327

Post Reply Email Thread
Anyone know of a recovery & root method for SM-J727T?
4th August 2017, 08:59 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3,284

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviceManagent

Anyone know of a recovery & root method for SM-J727T?

Is the bootloader unlocked
4th August 2017, 09:19 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by messi2050

Is the bootloader unlocked

Yes I assume it is.
6th August 2017, 02:07 PM |#6  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,820

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

@ashyx is the SM-J727T a project you are or will be working on?

Unfortunately this device will likely be locked just like the J327T.
I have been watching that thread and everything that has been tried is pretty much what I attempted to explain would be a waste of time.
The combination firmware is useless to gain root on nougat.
No auto root is ever gonna work either and neither is Flashfire or SuperSU.
There is a list of reasons why these things won't work, but I'll not waste my time in that thread explaining why.
I don't mind explaining further why here. Just so others will not waste efforts like on the J327T thread.
I'll let that thread run its course until all avenues have reached their inevitable dead ends.
They are harsh words, but unfortunately they are truth.

Suffice to say that the only real way for this device to see root is either an unlocked bootloader (highly unlikely), a proper engineering binary or an exploit is released for Android 7.
If an exploit is found then Kingroot will almost certainly incorporate it in their Software and then there maybe a chance that the combination binary (not the whole firmware) will help get root.

If anyone can confirm for sure this device doesn't have a locked bootloader then I'd be happy to work on it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ashyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ashyx Ad-Free
6th August 2017, 02:13 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx

Unfortunately this device will likely be locked just like the J327T.
I have been watching that thread and everything that has been tried is pretty much what I attempted to explain would be a waste of time.
The combination firmware is useless to gain root on nougat.
No auto root is ever gonna work either and neither is Flashfire or SuperSU.
There is a list of reasons why these things won't work, but I'll not waste my time in that thread explaining why.
I don't mind explaining further why here. Just so others will not waste efforts like on the J327T thread.
I'll let that thread run its course until all avenues have reached their inevitable dead ends.
They are harsh words, but unfortunately they are truth.

Suffice to say that the only real way for this device to see root is either an unlocked bootloader (highly unlikely), a proper engineering binary or an exploit is released for Android 7.
If an exploit is found then Kingroot will almost certainly incorporate it in their Software and then there maybe a chance that the combination binary (not the whole firmware) will help get root.

If anyone can confirm for sure this device doesn't have a locked bootloader then I'd be happy to work on it.

Thanks for your quick reply! If there is anything i can do to check for a locked bootloader? Also, check this out for a locked bootloader : https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...alaxy-t3409080

I appreciate you work and time, again, anything i can do, id like to help...
6th August 2017, 02:21 PM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,820

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks for your quick reply! If there is anything i can do to check for a locked bootloader? Also, check this out for a locked bootloader : https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...alaxy-t3409080

I appreciate you work and time, again, anything i can do, id like to help...

Yes there is a fairly easy way.

Also you need to read my posts in that thread you linked.
I have requested several times for it to be closed.
Nothing in that thread will work.
Again it comes down to people who don't understand what they are posting.

It's not me being negative, these things just don't work. If you want me to go in to detail for why then I can explain.
The Following User Says Thank You to ashyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ashyx Ad-Free
7th August 2017, 02:34 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx

Yes there is a fairly easy way.

Also you need to read my posts in that thread you linked.
I have requested several times for it to be closed.
Nothing in that thread will work.
Again it comes down to people who don't understand what they are posting.

It's not me being negative, these things just don't work. If you want me to go in to detail for why then I can explain.

No, do bother going into detail, i prolly wouldnt understand.

If/When you work on either the J327T or J727T, i'm here to test....

BTW Chimera is saying them can root both devices. Before i think of putting up the money, what are your thoughts? At that point i might be rooted but no recovery
16th August 2017, 05:33 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
J727T/1 Recovery/Root (SS SafeStrap)???
Would this work?
Or be a good place to start, building off it???
IF I remember right, it was used for the S4 or S5 att, with same issue. It would set up recovery after bootloader, or something like that. I'm no noon, but not a senior either.
Just a suggestion??
Would be great if someone could implement it to work??
What u think?
GuestK0010
16th August 2017, 06:12 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

No, do bother going into detail, i prolly wouldnt understand.

If/When you work on either the J327T or J727T, i'm here to test....

BTW Chimera is saying them can root both devices. Before i think of putting up the money, what are your thoughts? At that point i might be rooted but no recovery

Don't give them any money, i am working on a few things as this is my next device. Ill keep u posted fellas. Its just the beginning of this phones development
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy-j7-prime

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)